• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Udisc vs DGR

Forum "moderation" is still obvious censorship for anything beyond blatant hate speech, terroristic threats, illegal fabrication topics, and off topic or spam posts.

Without the review component of this site this forum would be a 404 dead link. I would not be surprised to see this place 404 in a year or two if udisc doesn't want to buy and incorporate the review component of this platform if that already isn't the goal.

Forum "moderation" is still obvious censorship for anything beyond blatant hate speech, terroristic threats, illegal fabrication topics, and off topic or spam posts.

Without the review component of this site this forum would be a 404 dead link. I would not be surprised to see this place 404 in a year or two if udisc doesn't want to buy and incorporate the review component of this platform if that already isn't the goal.
UDisc doesn't want the DGCR review component. Why would they? They have their own and it's more popular than the DGCR review component.

UDisc doesn't want the DGCR review component. Why would they? They have their own and it's more popular than the DGCR review component.

Because it still holds value as a unique page click hit resource that's relevant and while not directly in competition to their business still in the same market space.

Being a Michigandererererer, I find this true as well.

DGCR is kind of the old folks home for much more in depth reviews and insight but the kids just don't use it anymore. UDisc is all about finding courses and keeping score. The reviews on Udisc are god awful, to say the least. A recent Udisc review I remember from a local 4 star course simply said "wet" and gave it a .5 rating.

I'm not 100% but I used UDisc to score rounds, and it asks lately "How is the course" and conditions is part of it, so I would guess this could be confusing. Most reviews on UDisc seem like they are updating the conditions of the course.

The PDGA forum was mostly Lyle, the Lizard lawyer, and Dave D being grumpy.

Good times.
Ah, the Good Ole Days of the PDGA Forums. I was a moderator on there for a while in the early 2000s. Fun times. Before DGCR started in 2007 the PDGA Forums were the most popular national forums available. But then when the PDGA changed to only allow posting by current members I quit there. It was amazing how much more free time I then had every day!

new course in wi was added just over the border from the twin cities

has 139 photos on udisc and 0 on dgcr

(also udisc has 27 ratings for it)

Disc Golf information on Tournaments/leagues/course conditions/casual rounds/etc is the only reason i still have Facebook.

U Disc is extremely helpful on getting proper directions to DG courses (where to park/etc) with Waze/Googlemaps/etc and as a scoring app.

Discgolf Scene for actual tournament signups.

DGR for more detailed reviews of courses, but honestly I don't even really use DGCR for course reviews anymore too.

??? I thought UDisc had a forum??? At least I get emails weekly about it.

It may be an invited thing, I did sign up to be a UDisc Ambassador, then found it it was nothing special.

I get weekly updates from this forum, but I have yet to really get into looking at it.

Mini bump, but back on topic a bit.

I've been trying to update the course database here the last copule days. It always drove me kind of crazy when looking at Udisc and seeing a large black basket, meaning 18 or more holes, only to find out it's just a 9er. With two tee pads. I seen one on here today, and it was "properly" listed on Udisc as a small basket 9. Just ranting, but there's no consistency between the definition of what consists of an "18" hole course. It's still more sensible here by far.

On the flip side, I don't recall ever seeing an 18 with dual tees EVER listed as a 36 hole course. On either platform. :confused:

I still rock DGCR for browsing courses, but do need to supplement Udisc at times. When my open to the public, 15 hole object course opens next spring, I will list it here. It's in a walk in closet, but it's RAD AF.
rant over GIF

Latest posts