• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to get a disc out of a tree?

Disc tree getter outer

• Baseball

Votes: 69 42.6%
  • Rock (not Roc)

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • Extendable device

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • More Discs

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • RPG

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters

pacrat77j

I've done a little searching on this and havent found much so I figured I would ask. My buddy has a disc in a tree that has been there for about 5 days now. It is pretty hidden, and each time we play past it, we spend about 10 minutes hurling everything we can find at it, but it is nesteled right above a heafty fork in a limb. There is no way to climb the tree (he fell once already trying) and its about 20 feet up. I tried shooting it with a BB gun this morning and they just came back at me with the same velocity they left with, which was kinda fun. Any suggestions?

Do you have a Fat Max Tape measure? If there are branches to stabilize I can get stuff out at 20 feet.

33-890_mid_res.jpg

Last edited:
bring a long tent pole with you, 60% of the time it works all the time.

Redneckmachismo told me you should just cut the tree down. It should not have been there in the first place!

Paintball gun! Great range, shifts the disc way more then BBs while causing no damage, and the paint washes off with water. I got a disc that was almost impossibly stuck in tree out like this. It is also very fun.

Paintball gun! Great range, shifts the disc way more then BBs while causing no damage, and the paint washes off with water. I got a disc that was almost impossibly stuck in tree out like this. It is also very fun.

Who wants to carry a paint ball gun around the course with them?:confused:

Who wants to carry a paint ball gun around the course with them?:confused:

Now you know not to mess with me on the course.

But seriously, I think he was asking for a disc that is very badly stuck and the normal rock/baseball/empty 40 won't work for. But I did wait until I was under my disc to put the gun together- walking through a park with a paintball gun might not be the best idea, especially considering (once again) the looks of many of us DGers.

Have you considered a football? If it's really wedged... the weight and point of a football along with a bigger leathery/rubbery surface to contact the disc might do the trick. A baseball has always worked for me fortunately, but I sometimes would rather have a football to move a whole branch or really shake the top of a tree.

Stick of PVC pipe. There always seems to be one or two laying around the courses we play. Cheap and you can just leave it leaning against the tree for the next victim.