• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEWARE Discgolfcenter.com

Talked to Wade on the phone today, and even though they messed up my order I have to say he was really nice and answered every question I had. It seems the post office hates my address since they implemented the new shipping program which is a joint program between UPS and USPS.

He explained they use UPS for the first part of shipping and the USPS is used for the delivery once it reaches the delivery state. Apparently USPS doesn't like the idea too much and shipping complaints have drastically risen since they started the shipping program.

I'm pissed. Its been exactly a month since I placed an order from DGC and still no package. This is the second time this has happened in seven orders. I've ordered enough stuff where you'd think they would send me at least a damn sticker or something.

I know how you feel. I had a round or two with FedEx. Sometimes shipping sucks. Maybe it will show up.

Last edited:
Wade at DGC has given me great customer service the few times I've needed it. He answered if he had Eagle-L vs. X mold when it wasn't listed on the site, and also sent me a SOLF that I ordered when they accidentally shipped me a Millennium plastic OLF.

It sounds like the Buzzz they sent you got lost in the mail and that probably isn't DGC's fault. They notified you as soon they got the disc returned to them and found out about the problem.

Is it possible that the difference in customer service levels was because you were a twat and I wasn't?

even if he was being a dick, that's still no excuse for ****ty customer service.

I think we should all buy from the brick and mortar guys whenever we can. They put their a**'s on the line by having a storefront and investing in their business. I realize they are not available or convenient for all of us, but it is great to have a place where you can touch and feel a disc, plus get to know someone that can give you some advice and feedback on discs. That is hard to do online. If they cost an extra dollar or two give them a break. They earned it.

I've used DGC for about three orders. Don't know how they handle problems because I haven't had any. No B & M's nearby but I do make a point of stopping in the Park Office at my home course (Seneca Creek) whenever I can get there when they're open. Selection is somewhat limited and prices are a tad high for Champion plastic but I like to send some business their way.

I think we should all buy from the brick and mortar guys whenever we can. They put their a**'s on the line by having a storefront and investing in their business. I realize they are not available or convenient for all of us, but it is great to have a place where you can touch and feel a disc, plus get to know someone that can give you some advice and feedback on discs. That is hard to do online. If they cost an extra dollar or two give them a break. They earned it.

applause.gif

Hells yes! Everyone support your local ma & pop's stores lest Walmart takes over the world.

I used to work on an online store, and all I can say is that we were extremely nice to everybody. Most of the time. Perhaps your tone was off and YOU were the one that came off as the A-Hole. There are a lot of real gold diggers out there. Once you agree to free shipping, they start bitching and moaning about wanting something ELSE thrown in as well. Might as well just nip it at the beginning and know that you have unfortunately lost a customer (that you probably don't want anyway). Just thought I would chime in from the other side......

I love shopping at discgolfcenter. Wade is a great person and prides himself on customer service. So like others have said, he was probably in the heat of the moment when he told you he wanted to sell the disc to someone else. But like I said I have not had a problem with them and spend well over $300 with them since I have been playing.
GREAT JOB DISCGOLFCENTER

I used to work on an online store, and all I can say is that we were extremely nice to everybody. Most of the time. Perhaps your tone was off and YOU were the one that came off as the A-Hole. There are a lot of real gold diggers out there. Once you agree to free shipping, they start bitching and moaning about wanting something ELSE thrown in as well. Might as well just nip it at the beginning and know that you have unfortunately lost a customer (that you probably don't want anyway). Just thought I would chime in from the other side......

Agreed. Some customers just aren't worth having. If that hurts your feelings, you might be one of them. I've dealt with most of the bigger online dealers and have had the LEAST problems with discgolfcenter.com. They have always shipped quickly and accurately. Once, they even sent me an extra disc (on accident), and when I contacted them, they said "Consider it an early X-mas present!" Top notch outfit, in my opinion.

They did screw up an order of mine and when I contacted them about fixing the problem I was told I'd have to mail back the order at my cost, and my correct order wouldn't be sent out until they received it. I didn't find this to be an acceptable solution, so I decided to keep the discs and not shop with them anymore. No nasty words exchanged, or expressions of anger. They made a business decision on how to deal with an unsatisfied customer and I remained unsatisfied so I made a business decision to spend money elsewhere.

I have had SEVERAL orders through discgolfcenter and only once did I hae a problem. Innova straps came broke (not DGC's fault as Innova straps are terrible) and even though he wasnt responsible he went out of his way to make the situation right. Discgolfcenter and Wade are both awesome in my experience

clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com

Best experience I've ever had dealing with an online store or any kind!

Yeah, they were very friendly and discspeed picked out some great discs for me. I kind of feel like I should take a roll when I browse their site though.

We wonder why we lost Discgolfcenter as a sponsor (I am glad they came back), maybe we shouldn't have a negative thread about them.

Latest posts