• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

Ya I think you will dig it "Doc" I have all three and I keep bouncing back and forth. Negative and possitives with all of them.
Once I stopped using the lower sleeves and stack the discs vertically, I really began to like this bag. I might be able to fit 27 discs in this bag, but I lost a lot of storage space. My only big concern is the bottom of the bag and how it will hold up?

My only big concern is the bottom of the bag and how it will hold up?

This is my concern as well. I don't think it will be too much of an issue cause I baby my bags. my stool is not for me to sit on, it's to keep my bag off the ground. I was thinking of putting a couple plastic rails on the bottom similar to a grip, but that would probably void the warrantee so we'll se what happens

This is my concern as well. I don't think it will be too much of an issue cause I baby my bags. my stool is not for me to sit on, it's to keep my bag off the ground. I was thinking of putting a couple plastic rails on the bottom similar to a grip, but that would probably void the warrantee so we'll se what happens
I took a mouse pad and placed it between the frame and the bottom of the bag to reduce the friction between the two.

Love my bag - but with all the rain we've been getting here, I quickly discovered the bottom is not water-proof. So to try & keep some moisture out, I cut a piece of Styrofoam & put it under the frame rails. working well so far, although a chunk of plexiglass, or something a bit more solid would work much better.

Also thinking about some Plasti-dip for it.

Hopefully they are diligently working on an updated run with a few minor tweaks to address the issues people have. They all seem minor and easily fixable for future production. Although I know Jon adamantly defends the bottom material to anyone that asks. Let's hope he doesn't treat it like Revolution treated their drink holders.

Let me run this by everyone - I was thinking about putting some grommets in the top of the bag - in between the main compartment zipper, and the rainfly pouch - to then add a paracord strap/handle. I'm thinking the weight of the bag will wear the area around the grommets out extremely fast - and am just hoping someone else will kinda confirm to ensure I'm talked out of ruining a great bag, with a very minor inconvenience... :)

Why not just use the top part of the bag like I do? I thought about putting on a handle like you are, but I decided it wouldn't offer any extra utility than using the bag as it is naturally.

Mine has a small strap handle near the top. It's kind of on the "back" (the side that faces your back), but it's still near the top.

It's too far down to REALLY be useful - it seems to be just for hanging in a retail store or something - but it can work as a handle if you remember to grab down there.

attachment.php

Does yours have this strap? You might be able to rig something up to it, to extend it up higher, or maybe just velcro it or something so it doesn't flop down.

Attachments

• ___ergo.jpg
    ___ergo.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 173
Does yours have this strap? You might be able to rig something up to it, to extend it up higher, or maybe just velcro it or something so it doesn't flop down.

My strap has both ends almost sewn entirely on top of each other. When the bag is loaded, that handle is absolutely useless. I thought about tying some paracord around it to give it some utility, but the front of the bag is a lot more useful and accessible so I haven't bothered.

I've been using the top of the bag, as mentioned, but just had the thought of putting a handle there - tbird is correct, the actual strap in the middle of the shoulder straps is absolutely useless.

I'm probably not going to punch grommets into the bag - but I did find some strap scrap laying in my car (like the straps w/the quick clips on the waist strap - I may sew two pieces of those onto the top of the bag, with double seams, then attach a paracord wrap to two D rings for a handle...just to give it my own little "twist" and make it "mine" a little more. We'll see.

Regardless, I love the bag - been using the waist strap more & more, and really like how it gets more weight off my shoulders - for those that haven't tried/used them, I highly suggest it for the longer walks between holes, or to those massive drives we're all ripping (because of the new bags)!

im bummed. I was going to order the ergo tonight and the big hyzer site is down. tried it on my phone and desktop... nothing

im bummed. I was going to order the ergo tonight and the big hyzer site is down. tried it on my phone and desktop... nothing

I think they've let their domain name expire:

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 13-Jul-2012.
Record expires on 05-Jul-2013.
Record created on 05-Jul-2007.

That's awfully dumb of them.

Mine has a small strap handle near the top. It's kind of on the "back" (the side that faces your back), but it's still near the top.

It's too far down to REALLY be useful - it seems to be just for hanging in a retail store or something - but it can work as a handle if you remember to grab down there.

attachment.php

Probably to hang on a sign or a few courses around here are putting in bag hangers at tee boxes

I think they've let their domain name expire:

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 13-Jul-2012.
Record expires on 05-Jul-2013.
Record created on 05-Jul-2007.

That's awfully dumb of them.

:doh: Wow.

Latest posts