• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

ah - sorry - I misunderstood your question, and just thought you may have missed that post (I almost missed the link @ first read).

There almost no pressure on the discs when you put it in "backwards". It already stretched out perfect over night.
Right now i have 23 discs in my bag with no problem and still nothing in the pocket under the main compartment.

How about if you flip the disc the other way? I am really just trying to decide between these ones or the Nalgene...

It works better that way but still tight. It'll probably stretch out though. I could see the rim of the putter catching on the bottom of the bottle as you pull it out. Might end up pulling the bottle out with it if you don't hold it as you pull out the putter.

It works better that way but still tight. It'll probably stretch out though. I could see the rim of the putter catching on the bottom of the bottle as you pull it out. Might end up pulling the bottle out with it if you don't hold it as you pull out the putter.

:|:|:|:|

:|

Thanks for the help guys! I found one of the Nalgene canteens for only $8.50 so it is currently in my bag stretching out. It will definitely fit with a disc on one side, but I am not sure about the other. The frame seems to be infringing on the pocket more on that side. More stretching will commence!

I GOT MY BAG TODAY! Immediately loaded it up with absolutely everything in my Fade tourney bag, plus a six pack & headed out to play 18 holes. This thing is awesome. Obviously, I now drive further & putt better, too, but that probably went without saying...

I GOT MY BAG TODAY! Immediately loaded it up with absolutely everything in my Fade tourney bag, plus a six pack & headed out to play 18 holes. This thing is awesome. Obviously, I now drive further & putt better, too, but that probably went without saying...
Yup! I shaved 5 strokes off my game, but when I changed the disc configuration to my current set up. I dropped another 10 strokes. Even better. I get an ace per nine!
My God? what will happen when they fix the current design flaws?

I decided to try out the Platypus Plusbottle with the pop top. Had some dividend money on my REI account, so I only paid about $10.

Here's some pics. This is with the soft bottle full at 34 oz. My Mako3 goes in and out with no problem. It doesn't deform the disc at all. The soft bottle conforms to what's around it. Tomorrow, I'll see how it works out on the course.

later

Attachments

• Ergo_Platypus1.jpg
    Ergo_Platypus1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Ergo_Platypus2.jpg
    Ergo_Platypus2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Ergo_Platypus3.jpg
    Ergo_Platypus3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 41
How does the Platypus feel, durability-wise? It sounds like I need to visit our new (to me at least) REI.

How does the Platypus feel, durability-wise? It sounds like I need to visit our new (to me at least) REI.
I have a few of them, I use them to backpack. I sit on my bag and have no worry where they are. I have dropped them down slopes hundreds of feet no worse for wear. Punctures is all that will harm these pressure etc, no worries. They are legit, cannot say the same to knock offs, platypus is the standard for that type of "bottle"

I check out the original Soft Bottle, and the Plusbottle seems to be a different plastic. Seems to be a better plastic than the original, but time will tell.

later

Anyone ever use the GI canteens? They're BPA-Free and $5.75 on Amazon.

I got a couple today and they fit just fine. I don't keep any discs in the side slots because they seem to be really tight on my bag. So that's where I keep my water bottles/canteens then I use the stretchy pocket for things like birdie bags, minis, scorecard etc.

So, my mother in law got me an ergo for my birthday. Just got word that it arrived at her house on Friday. Now I just have to wait for it to shipped to me. The wait is almost over.

Have had my Ergo and been able to play several rounds with it. It feels phenomenal on the back with weight distribution. It is definitely a back saver for longer rounds and tournaments. The bottom material, like said before, is questionable. I'll probably get some liner for it as well. The side zippered pockets are almost not even worth putting there. You can fit your phone in one and... that's about it. They are so shallow you can't really fit too much else.

I tuck the tongue into the big pocket and use that pocket to put my wallet/keys/extra towel and whatnot. The one thing i dont like, however, is the rainfly. Imo the rainfly should be sewn to the bag in the pocket where it stores and the hood should branch off that. So you dont HAVE to put the hood on for the bag to be covered properly and taught. A DOWNPOUR hit on Saturday and i gave up figuring out how to put the damn thing on and just took off running and the rainfly was like a cape. hah.

Have had my Ergo and been able to play several rounds with it. It feels phenomenal on the back with weight distribution. It is definitely a back saver for longer rounds and tournaments. The bottom material, like said before, is questionable. I'll probably get some liner for it as well. The side zippered pockets are almost not even worth putting there. You can fit your phone in one and... that's about it. They are so shallow you can't really fit too much else.

I tuck the tongue into the big pocket and use that pocket to put my wallet/keys/extra towel and whatnot. The one thing i dont like, however, is the rainfly. Imo the rainfly should be sewn to the bag in the pocket where it stores and the hood should branch off that. So you dont HAVE to put the hood on for the bag to be covered properly and taught. A DOWNPOUR hit on Saturday and i gave up figuring out how to put the damn thing on and just took off running and the rainfly was like a cape. hah.

I definitely agree about the rainfly. Mine came off in the middle of a round, and I realized I needed to really put the elastic around the bag for it to stay on well. I never thought I'd ever use it (hate playing in the rain and don't compete so why do it, right?) so I was caught with my pants down for the most part. After working with it at home, I was a little more confident about the next time I'm caught out in a downpour.

As for the side pockets, they will stretch. I can keep my phone and bi-fold wallet in one side, and my keys in the other. The wallet was a tight fit at first. I would really like to see him add some more fabric to them to increase the utility of them a little more. It wouldn't even kill the slim look much either.

It worked out nicely that my first event using the Ergo was the KCWO. Long and hilly courses combined with high temps and humidity = need every ounce of energy. I felt like carrying the Ergo really helped me not burn/waste my much needed energy. I know that I would have been struggling a little bit hauling the Mahal around all weekend.

It worked out nicely that my first event using the Ergo was the KCWO. Long and hilly courses combined with high temps and humidity = need every ounce of energy. I felt like carrying the Ergo really helped me not burn/waste my much needed energy. I know that I would have been struggling a little bit hauling the Mahal around all weekend.

Congrats on joining the BHB team! I was wondering if they would ask you when I saw you posting on Facebook. They still need add you to the team on the website.

Here come some questions. :D

How many discs are you carrying? Other stuff?

Compared to the Mahal, did you at all feel like you were at all limited in what you normally carry? I know they're completely different styles of bags and the Mahal obviously holds a lot more. I'm just interested in how someone who goes from "carry it all" to "carry most of it/carry less" and is able to adjust.

Did you get a chance to use the rainfly at the KCWO? I've used mine once since I've had it, and I'm interested in whether the hood was ever a pain to use and if you had a solution for getting discs without making a mod to it.

Latest posts