• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Hyzer Bag- Ergo

So, here is my black on black ergo. Got it yesterday. Changed it a little as you can see in the pictures.
I have the Nalgene Canteen in it.

Dropbox

Thanks for the pics rolinn. I have some questions though.

I like the handle mod. Is that a paracord wrap?

Love the rainfly snap mod. Why put it so close to the straps? Why not closer to where it'll be a little more easily accessible? (Just curious, not trying to say you made a mistake)

What did you put on the bottom of the inside front pocket and why?

Do the canteens fit in the outer side pockets with a disc in the inner side pocket?

Is that a paracord wrap?
Yes! A friend did it for me. Love it

Love the rainfly snap mod. Why put it so close to the straps? Why not closer to where it'll be a little more easily accessible?

It´s still easily accessible and gives me more space in that pocket if i leave the rain fly at home.

What did you put on the bottom of the inside front pocket and why?

It´s almost the same material you have in the bottom of the grip bags.
The frame has no contact to the bottom and i hope it makes it a little more durable.

Do the canteens fit in the outer side pockets with a disc in the inner side pocket?

Canteen in the outer side pocket with a disc in the inner side pocket

Thank you for the replies. I think we just found the "official" water bottle of the Ergo...

The rainfly mod being closer to the straps definitely keeps you from having a random strap in the pocket when you're not using the rainfly. I was thinking about putting it closer to the discs, but I'm not so sure about that anymore if I want to use that pocket when rain's not in the forecast.

I think we just found the "official" water bottle of the Ergo...

Looks like :) John should talk to nalgene and make it official.

The rainfly mod being closer to the straps definitely keeps you from having a random strap in the pocket when you're not using the rainfly. I was thinking about putting it closer to the discs, but I'm not so sure about that anymore if I want to use that pocket when rain's not in the forecast.

This is why i did it the way i did it on mine. I used the rain fly on my grip maybe 3 times a year. So i guess it won´t be different with my ergo.

Last edited:
Yes! A friend did it for me. Love it

It´s still easily accessible and gives me more space in that pocket if i leave the rain fly at home.

It´s almost the same material you have in the bottom of the grip bags.
The frame has no contact to the bottom and i hope it makes it a little more durable.

Canteen in the outer side pocket with a disc in the inner side pocket

Thanks for the pics! Where did you get the material for the bottom and what measurements did you cut it to?

I like the look of the Nalgene canteen.

Does any one have experience with Platypus Softbottles?

Here's the 34 oz. Platypus Plusbottle:

k-bigpic.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Platypus-Platypus%C2%AE-plusBottleTM/dp/B001AQM330

I like the idea, but I have no experience with this product.

later

I looked at them a couple years ago when I saw them in a thread here but stayed with Nalgenes. I use them as disc retrievers on occasion and didn't trust the bag.

Got my canteens today!
null-29.jpg

With a putter in the inside pocket(makes it kind of tight):
null-30.jpg

Anyone notice the vertical pockets stretching out a bit? It seems like my first round I had 17 that were in there as tight as they could be, now I have 19 with room for 2-3 more.

It's a super tight fit but 5 will fit in the top slot of mine. They're definitely stretching. The side pockets are too. It wasn't easy to slide in a Polecat, but it is now. To be honest, the outer side pocket has stretched more than anything from constantly having a Nalgene in the inner side pocket.

Every bag I've owned has stretched so I figured the same would happen with this one.

Onemore mile - check the last pic in rolinn's dropbox link - he has the disc in "backwards" with the canteen:

So, here is my black on black ergo. Got it yesterday. Changed it a little as you can see in the pictures.
I have the Nalgene Canteen in it.

Dropbox

MINE GETS HERE TOMORROW!!! (I had to have been the last one shipped...)

Onemore mile - check the last pic in rolinn's dropbox link - he has the disc in "backwards" with the canteen:

MINE GETS HERE TOMORROW!!! (I had to have been the last one shipped...)

Thanks. I did see that one, but I think he is using the Nalgene. Kinda hoping the cheaper ones work as well either way...