• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Big Z Pearly Bag

Sonormcneal

Par Member
Do you think you could get away with a bag of just the pearly run of Discraft discs? maybe besides an actual putter. Or is there something missing or too much overlap? Here's the list that are available. I don't know enough about Discraft to answer this, however, i do have a Buzzz, BuzzzOS and a Heat all in Pearly and I love them and thought it would be cool to do a full bag of them, plus they all mostly have cool designs:

Crank
Nuke
Thrasher
Predator
Undertaker
Zombee
Mantis
Heat
Drone
BuzzzOS
Buzzz
Comet
Roach

I dont see why not. Nate Doss uses like 4 discs from that list, mostly in Z, and thats excluding a OS mid.

Probably doable. Is pearly Z okay too? Or just Big Z? Discraft has had some nice pearly Z recently...

I think the main thing you'd be missing would be overstable drivers. You can find nice overstable Nukes in Z, but I'm not sure about Big Z.

Last edited:
Probably doable. Is pearly Z okay too? Or just Big Z? Discraft has had some nice pearly Z recently...

I think the main thing you'd be missing would be overstable drivers. You can find nice overstable Nukes in Z, but I'm not sure about Big Z.

I think I would try and just do big z and see if that was possible. I was kinda worried about that spot too but was thinking of using like a max weight nuke in that spot and use a crank as the main driver. This was my thought process:

Distance:
Max nuke -OS
Crank - main
Thrasher- tail winds/ max D

Control/fairway:
Predator -OS
Undertaker- main/OS
Zombee-straight
Mantis-straight/US
Heat-US/roller

Mids:
Drone- utility OS
BuzzzOS-main OS
Buzzz- main reg
Comet- US

Putter:
Roach (don't really know if this is a good throwing putter though. Could leave it out if it isn't and just power down on mids)

Only other spot which looks crowded is mantis and zombee look very similar to me but haven't ever thrown either

pearly all the way. overstable is a relative term. have a max weight option for windy play.

predator is in pearly right? that should fix any wind issues.

Like this? I do have more discs in my bag than just the Big Z's (Challenger,Zone,Meteor) and there are some Big Z's I do not have as I do not throw the mold (Nuke,Zombee,Roach)but I can easily play with just the following Big Z's and a putter
Buzzz
Buzzz OS (still need to get this one in Big Z though)
Heat
Mantis
Undertaker
Predator
Thrasher
Crank
I also own a Big Z Comet and Drone but have taken them out of the bag in favor of the Meteor and Buzzz OS.

Attachments

• IMG_20170305_164414219.jpg
    IMG_20170305_164414219.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 26
Like this? I do have more discs in my bag than just the Big Z's (Challenger,Zone,Meteor) and there are some Big Z's I do not have as I do not throw the mold (Nuke,Zombee,Roach)but I can easily play with just the following Big Z's and a putter
Buzzz
Buzzz OS (still need to get this one in Big Z though)
Heat
Mantis
Undertaker
Predator
Thrasher
Crank
I also own a Big Z Comet and Drone but have taken them out of the bag in favor of the Meteor and Buzzz OS.

YES!!! that looks amazing. This makes me wanna try this more lol. I prob won't use the Roach and prob approach with Buzzz and BuzzzOS. Now i just have to find a putter...

The Big Z Meatball Comets I've thrown were flatter and more understable out of the box than I prefer in a fresh Comet. Unless that's what you're going for, you'll probably have to pick through them pretty closely to get a good one.

The Big Z Meatball Comets I've thrown were flatter and more understable out of the box than I prefer in a fresh Comet. Unless that's what you're going for, you'll probably have to pick through them pretty closely to get a good one.

i think i would use the Comet as more of a get out of trouble disc so i'd rather have it more US than not. i would use the Buzzz and OS as my main approach shots and the drone and comet as situational

Latest posts