• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Birdie Bag in Airplane Carry-on Bag?

klay

Eagle Member
I'm flying from CO to WI tomorrow and planning on playing while I'm there.

I know its going to be a lot more humid and that I'm going to want to use my Birdie Bag more than usual.

BUT I'm concerned about having it in my disc bag and going through airport security with it.

Its just the cloth and a bunch of fine white powder in a ziploc bag which can't look all that good.

Anyone have any experience taking a Birdie Bag with them while flying?

Haha! For those of you not in the know this is a Birdie Bag.

Its wood powder you use to dry your hands without making them too sticky.

As far as the coke goes, I wish I could make that joke, but I'm pretty sure they beat what little sense of humor might be left in the TSA agents out before sending them to the front line.

It might be a good idea to put it in a check-in bag if you're worried about having problems. If the drug sniffing dogs are out, they won't detect it (because, well, it's not a drug).

Or perhaps even better, keep it in your pocket. It's small enough that you can do so, and it won't be detected by the metal detecter (because, well, it's not metal).

Or you could just keep it in your bag. It's probably not a big deal :)

Last edited:
I can't imagine it being any kind of problem, even in the carry on. They aren't likely to even see it on the x-ray.

I'm flying tomorrow and plan on carrying-on my bag and discs. From what I'm reading here, looks like that is not a problem. I've actually packed my disc bag and discs IN the one piece of luggage I'm bringing.

Whoa, this thread back from the dead.

I ended up carrying it on in my disc bag and no one game me any grief whatsoever.

Most airlines allow you to carry on a suitcase for storage above you as well as a smaller bag (purse, laptop, etc.) that you stow beneath your seat.

My Fade Tourney bag fits perfectly under the seat so I can carry on everything I need without having to check luggage. Don't even have to mess with disassembling my disc bag (save for removing the bug spray and nail clippers)

Well I just have the small starter bag with 11-12 discs, it is already packed in the bottom of my rolling bag which I've put in the overhead many times so I don't expect any problems at all.

BTW, I used the search featuer to find this thread. I figured it must have been discussed before so I used this insted of starting a new one. Thanks.

You should probably hide it in your rectal cavity...just to be safe.

Trip update:

No problems at the airport. In charlotte, I went right through security, no questions. On the return, in Philly, I was asked what the rounds disc shaped objects in my bag were. I told them, then I had to take my disc bag out of my luggage and have both scanned again separately. After that I was free to go.

Trip update:

No problems at the airport. In charlotte, I went right through security, no questions. On the return, in Philly, I was asked what the rounds disc shaped objects in my bag were. I told them, then I had to take my disc bag out of my luggage and have both scanned again separately. After that I was free to go.
TSA Lady: What's in the bag, sir?

asu225: THAT'S MY DESTROYER!!!

Latest posts