• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Black Bear Diner

lol OK as a baseball fan, specifically a giants fan/dodger hater, I'm intrigued. never heard of them called the puppy haters. is there a specific origin to that, or is it just because LA fans are generally detestable? [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It could just be me (I think I may have first heard it from my brother). All the LA teams in any sport are puppy-haters. During football season, I'll refer to the Bears and Vikings as puppy haters and kitten haters, respectively (I'm a Packers fan). I hate plenty of teams across all sports, but that's about the extent of my (cute animal)-hater references

nice. I think that was favorable for disc golf. and it made me hungry for a steak in the northwoods for some reason.

... Black Bear Diner is mostly a Western U.S. chain

"Disc golf makes me hungry"

I discovered Black Bear Diner while at the Las Vegas Challenge NT event. Then I found out they are a "newer" chain restaurant with locations all over the West Coast. The food is good and the portions are super large. I'll be back.

https://blackbeardiner.com/locations/

I talked to their national Director of Marketing about advertising but they didn't bite at the time. They are aware of us, and she specifically told me that out of all of their commercials, the disc golf one is responsible for the most feedback/chatter. So that's pretty cool.

That commercial was filmed in Oroville, CA. That's the place that was in national news last year when the spillway of the dam was being fixed. Believe it or not, the commercial was filmed on the south course which I originally designed. I usually hit up Black Bear Diner's when I'm out of town at tourneys. They have the best bacon and fresh squeezed OJ.

Oroville is also where Aaron Rodgers played his junior college football (Butte CC)

It is pretty funny to me but awesome someone from the Butte has had success as a pro athlete and to his level non-the less.

Chico State has been top 3 ranked party school as far as I know for the last 30 years... at least it was through most of the late 80's and 90's and still is now so I will assume the 20 years in between as well... and Butte JC was for the "students" and especially "student" athletes that wanted to party at chico but failed to achieve that high school 2.0 GPA and 950 SAT score to get into Chico State itself.

Aside on a personal note, I knew there were some DG around that area I may be in Oroville later summer/fall nice to know there is a decent course to throw on.

Also pretty sure Black Bear Diners have been around for quite a while up hear, but Tahoe and north of SAC for a while, just only in the last 5 ish years started to open more and more.

Last edited:
We have one here in Klamath as well. Bigfoot chicken fried steak is where it's at. Never messed with anything else.

It's people like you who refer to Klamath Falls, Oregon as "Klamath" that make those of us who grew up in Klamath, California (the town at other end of the river for those unfamiliar) have to constantly explain the difference! LOL

It's people like you who refer to Klamath Falls, Oregon as "Klamath" that make those of us who grew up in Klamath, California (the town at other end of the river for those unfamiliar) have to constantly explain the difference! LOL

Lol actually just had a customer ask me if I was located in Klamath Falls or Klamath last week.

Latest posts