• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I broke down and got two blizz wraiths...one 157 and the other 129 hoping it would float in water. The 157 I love! The thing gets me an extra 25-50 feet or so over my orcs. Very stable as well. Took a few tree hits and had some significant chunking as people have noted here. The 129 on the other hand...flippy as crap. Totally different disc...turns into a roller no matter how much hyzer I put on it.

My blizzard discs are having some issues. I don't know if it's the heat, or just the discs, but their domes are collapsing and not bouncing back.

I broke down and got two blizz wraiths...one 157 and the other 129 hoping it would float in water. The 157 I love! The thing gets me an extra 25-50 feet or so over my orcs. Very stable as well. Took a few tree hits and had some significant chunking as people have noted here. The 129 on the other hand...flippy as crap. Totally different disc...turns into a roller no matter how much hyzer I put on it.

Throw the 129 with less power and it should be alittle more controllable

Blizz Boss

Blizzard bosses are great discs if you know which ones to grab. 150+ , Domey, and No bubbles exposed in the rim (no textured rim) for me have been very consistent. I'm on my third and they all have been very similar, excellent max D backhand discs.

I would be skeptical of any with the textured rim or flat tops but I can't speak to them.

I keep losing them because they a too far. The first one I threw on a par 4, 2nd shot, 550 from water and the pin, (water on right). Even though it was slightly downhill I thought ,"No way can I reach water" and went for a full power shot. Sure enough , the Boss completed a full distance line, hyzered out, and skipped straight straigh to it's new dark home 20 feet under water and decomposed goose ****. Sweet end to problably my furthest shot to date :|

Second one was similar. 450 into weeds and gone. I'm glad these are priced under premium discs. (I should be getting x-outs for 10$ but haven't yet.). 13 is manageable but overall I have a lot of trouble finding discs once they are out much past 400. get's a lot harder to judge the distance.

Blizz Destroyer

Excelent forhand hyzer disc. Lawndarts describes it best. Not sure what my max D is w/ but I think I can get an accurate hyzer out to 350 (or at least a circle putt on a basket out at 350). I will try and check the distances soon.

Same as Blizz boss advice above for consistency. No exposed bubbles in the rim, a pronounced dome, and above 150 are the consistent ones from my experience.

I keep losing them because they a too far. The first one I threw on a par 4, 2nd shot, 550 from water and the pin, (water on right). Even though it was slightly downhill I thought ,"No way can I reach water" and went for a full power shot. Sure enough , the Boss completed a full distance line, hyzered out, and skipped straight straigh to it's new dark home 20 feet under water and decomposed goose ****. Sweet end to problably my furthest shot to date :|

Sounds like it went exactly as far as it should have. It's not distance that put that disc in the water ...

Sounds like it went exactly as far as it should have. It's not distance that put that disc in the water ...

Yes but in this case I thought 550 was out of range though it was not. I've never thrown any other disc much over 450 (except of course down hills).

My blizzard discs are having some issues. I don't know if it's the heat, or just the discs, but their domes are collapsing and not bouncing back.

Its the heat.. leave them in direct sunlight to long and they collapse.. Heppened to a buddies here in MN last week. He put it back in his house and it popped back no problem.

I got a 137g Blizzard Boss (Bubbles in the dome Pre-Wiggins stamp) and it's the god of discs for me. I can spike hyzer it for 300-320, hyzer flip it for 350-370' and anhyzer it for 380-400'. I just love this thing. It's easy to get it anyway I want and holds that line until it's high fade comes into play unless thrown real low. Throw it low it skips great throw it high and it bounces backwards. I have owned 2 like this both same weight and both were exactly the same until I threw the 1st into the water during a tourney. It floated, but couldn't wait for it to reach land and a few guys were in the water and taking the discs and leaving with them.

I tried a 137g Destroyer (no bubbles in dome) and it did what most are complaining about, turns right into the ground and rolls.

I have a 138 Blizzard Teedevil and a 150 Blizzard Ape. I don't have a huge arm, prolly about 280 with most of my drivers. I was having issues keeping the Teedevil from flipping oven when I would throw full power; however, when I put it on a little bit of a hyzer and let it flip up I could make a hair past 300. the ape on the otherhand, I could put all of my arm into it and get it to fly a hair past my 170 pro boss and just as stable as could be. It feels a lot like my Boss, I threw it into a little headwind prolly only 5-7 mph, and it tried to turn a little bit, but came back just as consistently as anything overstable.

I need to get a little more confident with Teedevil, but am starting to like it for the minimal effort/maximum return it offers when it flies correctly. It's also a plus that it floats when that is a concern. The Ape I will prolly keep in the bag for extreme hyzer spikes and skip shots when i need that extra distance to the basket.

As we all know, I love my Blizzards....but the poster who was talking about the 550 foot shot..I just do t see it. Not saying you don't have a strong arm, I'm sure you do. But I drive a "normal" disc about 250 (these are honest numbers here) and a Blizzard goes maybe 290. 300 with the perfect tailwind. They are not miracle discs. Just saying....

As we all know, I love my Blizzards....but the poster who was talking about the 550 foot shot..I just do t see it. Not saying you don't have a strong arm, I'm sure you do. But I drive a "normal" disc about 250 (these are honest numbers here) and a Blizzard goes maybe 290. 300 with the perfect tailwind. They are not miracle discs. Just saying....

How are you getting the full flight and still only hitting 300'. These discs are fast and will easily fly out past 400' with little effort. Sounds like something is not working right for you. Just saying....

How are you getting the full flight and still only hitting 300'. These discs are fast and will easily fly out past 400' with little effort. Sounds like something is not working right for you. Just saying....

Maybe he doesn't get as much speed as others do..

Im not a big fan of the blizzard plastic, they're fun to throw in tailwinds every once in a while. I can still throw my heavyweight stuff farther, mainly because its more consistent.

The bubble......

I picked up a Blizzard Wraith to add to my stupidly large collection of Wraiths, and was eyeballing the contours on the disc in comparison to my other wraiths... The Blizzard disc definitely has more of an arc to it than the rest of my Wraiths; it bubbles up fairly high in the center.:confused:

As for flight, I still throw farther with my 164g Wraith than I do the 141g Blizzard Wraith, pullin somewhere around 333 to 350 on a decent rip with the star plastics (not that I cant go further, but I would be more off target). I can hit the distance with the Blizzard, but i'm no where near on target...:wall: For some reason, it just wont stable out as well as my star plastics.

Dave-

Think what you want bub. Some discs just work good for some people. 150+ Blizz boss domey with a non textured rim is the perfect max d disc for me. But if you need a story for the bus ride home...

708 to pin and water. I hit the first tree on left with my drive. You do the math on how far that is. Second shot kerplunk

fcba523c.jpg

Think what you want bub. Some discs just work good for some people. 150+ Blizz boss domey with a non textured rim is the perfect max d disc for me. But if you need a story for the bus ride home...

708 to pin and water. I hit the first tree on left with my drive. You do the math on how far that is. Second shot kerplunk

fcba523c.jpg

That hole looks awesome. Where is that located?

Ha ha. Everyone is so hostile. Nothing is wrong with my throw and I don't "ride the bus" home. I'm almost 30. I don't throw anything faster than a Boss, but I do agree Blizzard plastic adds extra distance. Lets do a little math...I throw 250 or so, and a Blizzard goes out to 300 for me. So lets say you're a 350 throwers. In essence, that means a Blizzard in the same mold you normally throw would go around 420. 70 extra feet is nothing to scoff at. And if you throw 400 now we're talking about 480...that's a mighty long drive for sure.

Anyone else agree on my math of adding about 20 percent to a good drive?

What's faster than a boss? :confused:

Latest posts