• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Ha ha. Everyone is so hostile. Nothing is wrong with my throw and I don't "ride the bus" home. I'm almost 30. I don't throw anything faster than a Boss, but I do agree Blizzard plastic adds extra distance. Lets do a little math...I throw 250 or so, and a Blizzard goes out to 300 for me. So lets say you're a 350 throwers. In essence, that means a Blizzard in the same mold you normally throw would go around 420. 70 extra feet is nothing to scoff at. And if you throw 400 now we're talking about 480...that's a mighty long drive for sure.

Anyone else agree on my math of adding about 20 percent to a good drive?

I don't think many would agree with your across the board ratio. It is going to vary a lot with different individuals and different plastic. Much blizzard is too flippy to be worthy damn if thrown with power but on the other hand certain Blizz destroyers are far too stable for me to get any real distance out of for me. It all just depends.

Ha ha. Everyone is so hostile. Nothing is wrong with my throw and I don't "ride the bus" home. I'm almost 30. I don't throw anything faster than a Boss, but I do agree Blizzard plastic adds extra distance. Lets do a little math...I throw 250 or so, and a Blizzard goes out to 300 for me. So lets say you're a 350 throwers. In essence, that means a Blizzard in the same mold you normally throw would go around 420. 70 extra feet is nothing to scoff at. And if you throw 400 now we're talking about 480...that's a mighty long drive for sure.

Anyone else agree on my math of adding about 20 percent to a good drive?

I disagree entirely. The additional distance gains are not linear. It might be 20% for you at 250' but for individuals who throw for more distance they will not have the same results.

Last edited:
I disagree entirely. The additional distance gains are not linear. It might be 20% for you at 250' but for individuals who throw for more distance they will not have the same results.

So would you say farther or less far? And I also agree that they will act differently for every person. If we were all the same, we would all throw the same discs and we wouldn't be flaming each other on message boards all the time.

I throw my 175g Star Boss 280-310' and my 137g Bliz Boss 380-410'. 280' & 380' normal throw and 310-410' longest throws. Blizzard adds pretty dang close to 100' to my throws. It varies greatly.

In a huge tailwind I can see where power throwers could gain an extra 50' on their drives, mainly because the blizzard discs are so light and the wind will just carry them farther.

But, Ive spent hours in the field throwing long distance. Ive tried all kinds of warp speed drivers, including all blizzard discs. I have reached over 500' with a blizzard disc, but like I said earlier I have gotten farther with a heavyweight disc. This is with only a slight tailwind too.

On the other hand I have thrown easy 400+ hyzer bombs with blizzards in a 30+ mph tailwind :p

I have going between my 140g Blizz Boss and my 168g Champion metal flake Katana for max D. The blizz goes far with much less effort but I can achieve the same distance with either disc, tailwind or not. I pull out the Blizzard when I need to power down and hit a gap but still carry the distance. The Champ Katana is so much more reliable and I reach for it way more often, or a pro destroyer (a little shorter then the Katana). I might even drop the Blizz for more Katanas. Blizzard is fun and a good idea overall, it is helping out players with less power. The one thing that Blizzard discs do well is carry distance when thrown very high, this has been pretty useful actually.

Blizzard is Nice for non windy days, Other then that they are just like every other disc.

I honestly don't see anybody throwing these discs.. Has anybody put them in the bag??

So you think guys who throw farther will see a greater percentage increase? Not saying it is wrong but I would tend to believe these discs help short throwing player a lot more by %.

Yes it will help you throw cleaner and only really shine with CLEAN FORM!

They will add distance compared to 175 overstable disc that just Fade to Quick.

I have a Boss and Wraith.. Great combo of Hyzer-flip and Forehand.

Yes it will help you throw cleaner and only really shine with CLEAN FORM!...yea 80% power.....too bad they are <150g and can throw a player's timing off if they are used to throwing all Max weight

They will add distance compared to 175 overstable disc that just Fade too Quick. -for people who don't have the arm

I have a Boss and Wraith.. Great combo of Hyzer-flip and Forehand.

Sorry I was just a little confused what you were getting at.

Sorry I was just a little confused what you were getting at.

I Have an essay that's due Tonight.... Do you mind correcting all my errors on that also.:rolleyes::popcorn:

All I'm saying is that they will add 20-40Ft Extra compared to your heavier disc.

You can throw these at 100% Power you just need to have very good form.:|

I enjoy the plastic.

I Have an essay that's due Tonight.... Do you mind correcting all my errors on that also.:rolleyes::popcorn: No problem, I usually have 1-2 big essays per month along with many smaller ones.

All I'm saying is that they will add 20-40Ft Extra compared to your heavier disc.

You can throw these at 100% Power you just need to have very good form.:| and the need to throw 550ft

I enjoy the plastic.

Basically they are nearly pointless for certain players.......who already throw consistently far unless they suddenly feel the urge to try and birdie the 600ft wide open hole........which some of these guys can do with the Max weight discs.

Hard to justify when the average hole is like 300ft.

Basically they are nearly pointless for certain players.......who already throw consistently far unless they suddenly feel the urge to try and birdie the 600ft wide open hole........which some of these guys can do with the Max weight discs.

Hard to justify when the average hole is like 300ft.
2l3zih.png

Latest posts