• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Bohrium - Loft’s first driver

I went through the stack of 20? Bohrium at the store. Wow are they flat - I was expecting dome. I bought the one with very slight dome. Should be able to test it in a couple hours.

Today's field session in oppressive heat and humidity wasn't my best effort. I had my small bag with a Cloudbreaker 3 and Enigma for comparison. I had a hard time with nose angle today, but in the few good shots I got off, the Bohrium was maybe 20 feet longer generally. I had some headwind throwllers, worm burners, but also some nice distance. I do not have form worked out yet, but the Bohrium wend past goalpost to goalpost, with the Enigma and CB3 a little shorter. CB3 is much more stable. The 174 Bohrium was fresh and a bit more stable than the 169 Enigma I bag. Bohrium was probably touching 400' while the other two were ~380. I didn't have any throws with any disc that I was pleased with.

A friend of mine received his Founders Edition Bohriums a few days ago.
I gave them a tries today and I wasn't disappointed.

I don't like to brag about distance, but I can usually max it around 520 feet.
With the Bohrium, my second throw broke 550 feet and I was throwing barefoot, so there is definitely a big potential in this disc.
The rim is very shallow, but I had no issues with the release.

I don't think the disc would make it to my bag, because it's a bit too under stable for my liking and you need to hit a very specific angle. But, if you hit it, it usually means a new personal best in terms of distance.

I don't like to brag about distance, but I can usually max it around 520 feet.
With the Bohrium, my second throw broke 550 feet and I was throwing barefoot, so there is definitely a big potential in this disc.

PDGA number? I want to follow your pro career.

Bohrium in the bulls eye on a 433' par 4 for the Eagle. I've eagled it before with a Corvette and an Enigma. This time it was just long instead of 20' short.

attachment.php

Attachments

• C55E85EE-06CC-4408-9928-16909B9ECE00.jpg
    C55E85EE-06CC-4408-9928-16909B9ECE00.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
I played with a guy that was using one of these as his primary driver.

The feel in the hand is definitely different with the rounded off bottom edge of the rim. I'm weird about the way a disc feels in my hand and I'm not sure I could get used to the rim.

He was definitely throwing it well and pretty far.

PDGA number? I want to follow your pro career.

https://www.pdga.com/player/57366

Nothing impressive here.

I don't plan to have a professional career for 2 simple reasons:

1) I don't have the drive to practice the required amount of time for me to improve my game

2) Even if I did, my max. rating would probably be around 1015, which is definitely not good enough to pursue a career out of it and sacrifice my studies/actual job, which I worked very hard for.

I have a video of the throw, so I can post it here later on.
The "bare foot" part was for the fun fact, but I don't think it makes a big difference anyways.
UDisc said 590 ft but I don't trust it at all. Using Google Maps and a local Map server, 550 feet is a very fair approximation.

Just got back from first field test.

Reminds me of the recent runs of star and pro Corvette in terms of flight shape.

I threw two 425' FHs, that's about 25' longer than my personal best ever. I'm inclined to believe the aerodynamic improvements are factual and useful.

I'm bagging it, and I'll buy yours if you don't like it.

I had time today to throw a bunch of drivers against the Bohrium. Star Wraiths x4, Neo Enigmas x2, S-line DD3, VIP King, 400 D2, VIP Sorcerer, Gstar Corvettes x2, Proton Relativities x2, Z Surge.

The Bohrium was twice the longest (out of 10 sets of 16 throws). The Relativities were most often longest. The Enigmas were most accurate, and sometimes longest. Corvettes sometimes longest.

Overall the Bohrium was average. Moderate crosswinds left-head one way and right-tail the other way… wind sucked.

So far, I'd say that the Bohrium is the best FH distance driver I've ever thrown. Threw it on the course today...live bullets lol.

I'm still on the fence for BH, but it's absolutely in the conversation. It's leading in the conversation, actually.

So far, I'd say that the Bohrium is the best FH distance driver I've ever thrown. Threw it on the course today...live bullets lol.

I'm still on the fence for BH, but it's absolutely in the conversation. It's leading in the conversation, actually.

My forehand is a functional 250'. I will try it out!

As the one I'm bagging is breaking in, I can say that it's not enough longer backhand than anything else I throw to have to worry about how flippy it can be. It'll go 25' further than anything else I own, including a King, when I hit it right, but it's got enough turn that it's unpredictable in any wind.
Forehand though? *CHEF'S KISS* I've never thrown a disc consistently as long FH or as comfortably FH. The rounded bottom rim is magical for getting clean FH releases with my hands. It's easy to flip to flat for a laser with a bit of fade, or to get a gentle bomber S-curve out of on a flat release. It's going to stay in my bag, but really only for FH drives over 300'.

I really hope there's future runs that are much closer to -1,3, as the one I have is like -2.5, 1.5. It goes super far with no effort, but any effort at all causes it to flip violently. I can get 380' standstill which is great, but it can be anywhere in a 100' patch of grass. It'll stay in my bag, solely because of how nice it feels for grenades and other trick shots. For now I'll just rely on my Graces for distance until there's another run out.

Just got back from first field test.

Reminds me of the recent runs of star and pro Corvette in terms of flight shape.

I threw two 425' FHs, that's about 25' longer than my personal best ever. I'm inclined to believe the aerodynamic improvements are factual and useful.

I'm bagging it, and I'll buy yours if you don't like it.

Bohrium is officially out of the bag. Backhand is too erratic, and forehand isn't enough of a help to make any difference. In 10 backhand throws, two will be bombs, probably longest of any disc I have, the other 8 will be disappointing throwers or won't turn over.

Hawgdriver gets first dibs if you still want another.