• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Boulder, CO Area Must Play Courses

Hey folks, I'll be heading out to the Denver/Boulder/Nederland area in late July, and I'd like to start getting excited about which courses I'm going to play.

Are there any courses in that area that shouldn't be missed? I'm not too worried about excessive elevation changes or anything of that nature. I'm sure I'll be winded no matter what, given my flatlander status.

If you also know of any "girlfriend friendly" courses in the area, that would be great, too. I plan on having a day where I do my disc golf thing with my brother, but if we can drag the girls out for a round in the mountains without making them hate us for it, all the better!

Southwest of Denver you have Phantom Falls, Bailey, Beaver Meadows, Magic Meadows, and soon Bucksnort.

West of Denver you have Rocky Mountain Village and Ghost Town.

Within Denver and immediate suburbs you have Colorado Heights, Camenisch Park (2), and Exposition.

Boulder itself has Harlow Platts and Valmont, not too exciting but are fairly girlfriend friendly courses.

If you are willing to travel into the mountains a bit there are a plethora of interesting courses out there. CO is one of the best disc golfing states out there.

Many of these courses are pay to play and/or they have special things you need to do to play them so make sure you check into those before you head out to play.

Colorado Heights Univ. (CHU) is my home course, and I have a yearly pass. The pass comes with a buddy as well, so PM me if you'd like to meet up to play it. If you're in the Denver area, you should def. look into checking it out.

:thmbup:

DEFINIELY play CHU! It is pay to play and requires a pass but on Thursday nights, you can pay $5 to play the course. It is WELL worth it. I would say play Johnny Roberts in Arvada as well. Both are 2 of my favorites. Check the Mile High Disc Golf site (http://www.mhdgc.org/) when it gets closer to your trip. There are tag matches every night.

DEFINIELY play CHU! It is pay to play and requires a pass but on Thursday nights, you can pay $5 to play the course. It is WELL worth it. I would say play Johnny Roberts in Arvada as well. Both are 2 of my favorites. Check the Mile High Disc Golf site (http://www.mhdgc.org/) when it gets closer to your trip. There are tag matches every night.

Man, wish I would have know about the Thursday night deal when I was out there last week. :doh:

I agree with Johnny Roberts in Arvada, very fun course and lots of other players always around that course. :thmbup:

Another course we played for the first time this year was Jellystone Park, off of I-25 and near Castle Rock. Think it was $5.00 to play, but well worth the price of admission. Beautiful mountain course with tons of elevation changes, good mix of long and short holes, cool basket placements and cement tee pads and baskets for every hole. Very fun time and would definitely play there again.

Latest posts