• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brad Williams Interview on PDGA.com

I like the firm sole for putts, medium for upshots. Medium VP for upshots as well.

Vibram and Steve Dodge refuse to officially offer me a sponsorship. Instead they send a few discs and collect cheap advertising through me.

Many people in my community are switching to vibram, so it's a good deal for Vibram.

My bag will be mixed until I collect $$ from a company.

So how is the transition to using Vibram discs going? Or are you using a mixed bag still? Or does your Vibram sponsorship consist only of wearing shoes with Vibram soles?

And I don't care who you are, this vid is awesome... the part with the actual playing at least...

I'd like to see more of these.

The Roy G recording cost me 80$

I like the idea of filming on other courses but I haven't worked to get the production costs sponsored by someone.

The Roy G recording cost me 80$

I like the idea of filming on other courses but I haven't worked to get the production costs sponsored by someone.

Really? By the same guy that used to always film us then not release the footage (ie only showing Anthony's ace at Moody's but nothing else)? I have no problem being filmed but I would like to have a copy if you follow us for a round or two.

He filmed in the past with a lower quality camera. I think out at Moody's and those 4 man challenges.

I sent him an email offering to buy another round of filming. I have yet to hear back from him.

Brad, you have core-centered driving technique with long drives. I.e., You don't have wasted arm movements or a huge follow through. Much like Feldberg, but very much your own mechanics. How do you account for your throwing style? Other sports you have played, maybe?

If I practice during the week, it's driving and upshots. When I'm home I might go putt once a week for a few minutes. I average 2 practice rounds a week, so I putt some there.

You have a very fluid putting motion, how often do you practice your putting a week?

I started playing DG when I worked out often. I threw a power two finger grip with lots of arm speed and upper body torque. My distance was strong and scoring inconsistent.

I decided to quit working out, switched to a 4 finger grip. Started watching Climo on YouTube. The rest of my swing comes from my Ideal of a good consistent golf swing.

I'm currently working on adding a little bit of aggression back and some physical strengthening

Brad, you have core-centered driving technique with long drives. I.e., You don't have wasted arm movements or a huge follow through. Much like Feldberg, but very much your own mechanics. How do you account for your throwing style? Other sports you have played, maybe?

This is probably the best disc golf video i've ever seen- In the sense of knowing what's going on and what the player is throwing. A DVD of the top pro's on a course like this would be gold!

This is probably the best disc golf video i've ever seen- In the sense of knowing what's going on and what the player is throwing. A DVD of the top pro's on a course like this would be gold!

FWIW when I posted this video in the course design thread they bashed it for being too open. I have since played it and they are wrong.

You are right though....the video is very good.

FWIW when I posted this video in the course design thread they bashed it for being too open. I have since played it and they are wrong.

You are right though....the video is very good.

I don't know why would anyone call that course open. The fairways are fair and reward good shots. On many holes it looks like you're in a world of trouble if you're off the fairway, so bad shots would definitely get punished. I'd love to play this course.

Maybe the guys out east would call this open because their courses are carved out of thick woods? I mean this course might as well be thick woods compared to some of the other courses in Texas.

Latest posts