• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brockness ITB

Lost a couple important discs recently. To combat this in the future I have decided to pick up a Grip AX5 and keep a couple discs that I don't mind losing with me at all times, as well as having my wind fighting discs on hand. I lost my perfectly beat in Pro Teebird and my favorite I-Blend Sphinx (De La Veaga ate that one). Also had a couple close calls at pinto lake with some new sidewinders that I'm trying out, but those wouldn't have been avoidable....except by GIT GUD. I have more Pro Teebirds, but none that are properly beat in so I'm in a pickle.

Current bag lineup (only the ones I actually throw)

Bag:

Distance Drivers:
Pro Wraith - Perfect flight, lots of D
Pro Wraith - Freshy, pretty straight w/ dependable fade
Star Wraith - Domey AF, Wind Fighter

Fairway Drivers:
Pro Teebird - Workhorse, trying to beat in
Pro Teebird - There for moral support
Champ Teebird - Semi Fresh, Good for wind
Pro Sidewinder - Out of the bag turnover shots
I-Blend Sphinx - Freshy, mostly straight shots
Champ Firebird - Utility

Mids:
P-Line MD3 - Short turnovers
P-Line MD4 - Main Mid, Workhorse

Putters:
K3 Berg - Main Putter
K1 Ice Berg - Main approach
K3 Reko - Main Driving Putter and long putts
Pro Pig - Approaches/Flex Forehands/Driving Putter

I am currently thinking about shaking up my bag by going to a 1,3,6,9 & maybe 12 speed scheme. But in planning it out I was not able to reduce the molds. I would essentially swap the Teebirds out for Thunderbirds, swap the MD4s for Kaxe Zs and swap the Wraiths for Terns or Destroyers. I'm coming to a point where I am not sure I need a midrange, so I thought going to tweeners would be better. I could also just switch my Teebirds to Thunderbirds and maybe drop the Wraiths. Losing that Teebird is really messing with my head.

Tournament at Vista Hill Park DGC

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
Pro Teebird - Workhorse, trying to beat in
Star Teebird - Never liked the feel, this is my disc for risky throws
Star Sidewinder - Not sure why I added this one, will probably drop it
Pro Sidewinder - Out of the box turnover shots
I-Blend Sphinx - Freshy, mostly straight shots
Champ Firebird - Utility
Pearly Champ Firebird - Backup

Mids:
K1 Jarn - Shorter utility

Putters:
K3 Berg - Main Putter
K1 Reko - Tryouts
K3 Reko X - Tryouts

Bag is working fine, but I don't throw half of the discs. 90%-ish of my shots are covered by a Teebird, Berg, or Sidewinder. If I can get one of the Teebirds to get flippy I wouldn't even need the sidewinder.

The tournament was fun. 2 rounds of 9 holes twice, so 4 times round the course. Morning was calm and cool, Afternoon was hot and super windy. Shot one better on the second round because I was more willing to pitch my putter under the basket rather than run it and mess with the wind. Champ Teebird did a lot of work in the headwinds and the beat pro was good for tailwinds. I found that my Pro Teebirds work better for me on uphill shots than the Sidewinders do. Not sure yet how that makes sense. My approaches are on point with my K1 Berg, probably the best aspect of my game right now. Putts still need work, but they are getting better. Drives were fine in practice, but I kept grip locking during the tournament. I will have to try to correct that before my tournament this coming Saturday.

Picked up a K1 Jarn, K3 Reko X, K1 Reko to see how I like them. I also picked up a Gstar Thundy, MOLF, and a K3 Kaxe Z for tryouts to see if a shakeup in my bag might help. Threw the Thundy and MOLF a little bit on Thursday. The handfeel is similar to my Teebirds so I think they might be an easy transition. I won't really start working with any of them until after my next tournament.

Those Pro Teebirds...are they the old ones or the newer Factory Store ones?

Those Pro Teebirds...are they the old ones or the newer Factory Store ones?

They are older, bought them mid 2018 I believe. Grabbed a stack so I haven't needed more. Plastic feels like the new MOLF 1.5 I picked up recently. Pretty close to star, but better grip IMHO

Tournament at Whale Rock DGC

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
Pro Teebird - Workhorse, a little beat in
Star Teebird - Never liked the feel, this is my disc for risky throws
I-Blend Sphinx - Fresh-ish, mostly straight shots
Champ Firebird - Utility

Mids:

Putters:
K3 Berg - Main Putter
K1 Reko - Tryouts
K3 Reko X - Tryouts

Played like garbage the first half of the tournament, but I was able to pull myself together and stop the bleeding on the backend. 23 hole tournament came out at +12. I tried to not rely on my Teebirds as much as last tourney and that was a huge mistake. The Jarn isn't quite doing what I need it for yet, I need a little field practice with it to see if it is going to stay in the bag. The MD4 is getting flippy, might need to add a freshy or put my C-Line MD3 in. My putters are nailed down. Rekos are flying exactly as I want them too, just need repitition and practice with them to master their lines and capabilities. The K1 Berg is just absolute magic as always, I still need a lot of putting practice to put the K3s to good use.

I don't have another tournament lined up yet, so I am going to spend the next several weeks working with some new discs to slim down the bag. I will most likely be dropping the Wraiths with no replacement unless I start playing alot of wide open courses.

played a couple rounds at Vista Hill Park DGC the last couple days

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
MOLF 1.5 - Testing for cycle
GStar Thunderbird - Testing
QOLF 1.7 - Testing
Champ Firebird - Utility

Mids:
K3 Kaxe Z - Testing for Cycle
K3 Kaxe - Testing for Cycle
K1 Kaxe - Testing

Putters:
K3 Berg - Main Putter
K3 Reko - long putts and trying to beat in for Turnover Drives
K1 Reko - Main Driving Putter
K1 Reko X - OS Driving Putter

This is the new setup I am trying out. Idea is to have the backbone spaced out at speeds 3, 6 and 9 with 12 as a possibility later, and have utility spaced out at 1, 5, and 9. I am doing this for two reasons. The first is to try to streamline the bag and make shot selection easy. The second is that my new Rekos were flying as far as my MD4s, and my MD4s would eventually need to be replaced due to lack of supply. If this doesn't work out, I will most likely go back to my old bag and just not have a midrange slot which is fine by me.

Course conditions both days were super windy (20+ mph). We have had a lot of wind this season and I have been relying on my beefier discs quite a bit. I like the feel of the OLF over the Thunderbird, but only slightly as they are almost the same disc. The Thunderbird handles wind better, but that is why I have the Firebirds. QOLF is less stable than the MOLF which seems crazy to me, but I can find a use for it. The Kaxes all feel fantastic in the hand and grip. I do have a problem with grip lock on the K3s because they are just so freaking grippy. Beating them in more might even the grip out, but looking at my K3 Bergs its not likely. Distance wise, the Kaxes are a little shorter than my Teebirds which is giving me the distance separation that I am looking for. The Jarn is nice, but I feel like it dives to the ground a little too aggressively. I am hoping that will beat out of it pretty quickly, but I am already looking into other possible discs. It fights the wind like crazy though and I still need to try it for flick rollers.

Did a lot of testing this last week.

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
MOLF 1.5 - Workhorse
MOLF 1.5 - Beat up.
GStar Thunderbird - Wind fighter
QOLF 1.7 - Testing
Champ Firebird - Utility

Mids:
K3 Kaxe Z - Testing for Cycle
K3 Kaxe - Testing for Cycle
K1 Kaxe - Testing

Putters:
K3 Berg - Main Putter
K3 Reko - long putts and trying to beat in for Turnover Drives

I have been steadily losing distance over the last couple months. Finally got tired of it and paid attention to my form. I had shortened my reach back to create more control and potentially reduce strain on my shoulder/back. Apparently I had been continuing to shorten it, so I am back to a full reach back. As soon as I started to do this my distances started to look normal and my accuracy was still pretty good. I have been throwing too high again though, so that is something to work on before my next tournament in October. Last round I played I was sitting at 3 under par on hole 9 at Vista Hill Park DGC, left that hole at even par which is now my personal best. Very disappointed that I couldn't keep it at 3 down.

The newer discs are working very well for me. I used one of my MOLFs to practice my reach back in the empty pool in my backyard. That MOLF now has some nice turn to it, small side effect to slamming into concrete at full power....works great for me though. The OLFs and Thundy have quickly become familiar in the hand and are covering a wide variety of shots now. The Kaxes are a joy to throw, but I think I am going to need to cycle K1s because of the grippiness of K3 in hot Cali weather. The Jarn is still not working for me. Every time I think I need it, it goes too far or dumps too hard, and I haven't been able to figure out how to control it yet. Might just stick to my Pigs or try the Toro. The biggest surprise this week is the Sidewinder. Now that I'm back to full reach back the Sidewinder has been putting in some great work. It has helped me birdie the only hole at my local DGC that I hadn't been able to yet and has been filling the distance void that my Wraiths left behind. I think I'm am going to permanently pull the Sphinx out of the bag, put in a little backhand practice in my pool with the current Sidewinder, and put in a freshy. This might finally give me a roller, but I am a little worried about the flexibility of pro plastic in high heat and how that would affect it as a roller. Maybe I should grab a cheap DX from a local store and practice with that one first.

I am missing my Teebirds a little. The OLFs do not hold that straight flight after a beating like the Teebirds do, I think the Thundy might, but I haven't beaten one up yet. Might need to pick up a pro or DX to test it out.

Played a round at the recently re-opened Ryan Ranch DGC

Bag:

Distance Drivers:

Fairway Drivers:
MOLF 1.5 - Workhorse
MOLF 1.5 - Beat up.
GStar Thunderbird - Wind fighter
QOLF 1.7 - Testing (not really needed)
Star Sidewinder - Beat-up but super domey
Champ Firebird - Utility
Luster Firebird - Backup

Mids:
K3 Kaxe Z - Tunnel Shots
K1 Kaxe Z - Testing
K3 Kaxe - Workhorse
K1 Kaxe - Durable Workhorse

Putters:
K3 Hard Berg - Main Putter
K3 Hard Reko - long putts and trying to beat in for Turnover Drives

Course conditions were better than I remember them ever being in the past. They are holding a lot of events this year to celebrate the reopening so it all looks pretty good. Right around hole 13 and beyond I was reminded why I didn't like the course. As I get tired on this course I tend to throw into the very challenging rough. The worst is when your disc blows through the thick brush and flies into the canyon beyond. Spent a good 20 minutes looking for my Luster Firebird and came out covered in spider webs, tiny weird caterpillars and hoping that I actually am immune to poison oak/ivy like I suspect. Got the Firebird though, so all is well.

New lineup is pretty solid. I might add my Wraiths back in for that extra boost in distance on the wide open shots and I am still trying to figure out what I want to do with my midrange utility slot. Replaced my K3 Berg and Reko with K3 Hard versions which worked very well in the one round with them so far. I also picked up a K1 Kaxe Z which I only threw once, but it had a very straight flight. Other than the Jarn, the only struggle I have right now is deciding when to throw the Reko X instead of a Reko. I had a good couple drives off of hole 11, which is short and downhill. I threw both discs on a very similar line where the Reko X hooked up nicely and the Reko held a slight turnover the whole way. The result was a 20-25 footer for both throws, but they were on opposite sides of the basket. I guess I am just wondering if I need the Reko X or if I can skip it and use the Reko for shot shaping.

Practice round at Pinto Lake DGC with my new ZUCA Transit

Bag: ZUCA Transit

Distance Drivers:
Star Wraith
Pro Wraith x2
DX Wraith

Fairway Drivers:
Luster Firebird
Champ Firebird
CGC Firebird
GStar Thunderbird
QOLF 1.7
MOLF 1.5 x2
Star Sidewinder - Lost
Pro Sidewinder

Mids:
K1 Jarn
K1 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe
K1 Kaxe Z
K3 Kaxe Z

Putters:
Pro Pig
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Ice Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Love the new ZUCA. It holds way more discs than I need, but I still felt pretty fresh after the round. Brought the Pig along to test against the Jarn....Pig wins every time. DX Wraiths fly so freaking far, my beat in Pro Wraith just cannot compete. Lost my star Sidewinder, not a huge loss. Gotta practice rollers for hole 11, but that DX Wraith is my go to for that hole right now.

Played 2 rounds at Vista Hill Park in 100+ heat

Bag: Fade Crunchbox

Distance:
Pro Wraith
DX Wraith

Fairway:
Champ Firebird
Gstar Thunderbird
MOLF 1.5
Pro Sidewinder

Mids:
K3 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe Z

Putters:
Pro Pig
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Felt good to bring the Crunchbox out of retirement.....really I was just too lazy to set up the Grip AX5 again. The heat was crazy, 103 on my way home 111 about 2 hours later. It was so hot out that I crumped the flight plate on the Kaxe Z on a tree hit. This is honestly more than I need for this course, especially if I am not throwing practice shots.

Got another practice round in at Pinto Lake DGC

Distance Drivers:
Star Wraith
Pro Wraith x2
DX Wraith

Fairway Drivers:
Luster Firebird
Star Firebird (*FB)
CGC Firebird
GStar Thunderbird
Pro Thunderbird
QOLF 1.7
MOLF 1.5
GStar Sidewinder
DX Sidewinder - Lost
Pro Sidewinder

Mids:
K1 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe
K1 Kaxe Z
K3 Kaxe Z

Putters:
Pro Pig
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Ice Berg
K3 Hard Berg

I have my strategy down for most of the course. Hole 3 is still a poke and hope for me, I can't seem to get around all of the tiny trees. Hole 16 is kind of the same, but I seem to be able to get through a little easier. I am probably going to have to put my flippy MD3 in the bag for hole 18, I cant get a sidewinder to turn right fast enough without turning into a roller.

Wraiths are working as intended, no surprises. Firebirds see almost no use except get out of trouble duties. Thunderbirds and OLF are the workhorses, mostly the MOLF and GStar Thundy. Sidewinders are a joy to throw, except I seem to lose one each round I play at this course. Kaxes are putting some work in, trying to get one of the K3s to start flipping. Putters in general are locked in, happy to have the Pig back.

Pinto Lake again

Distance Drivers:
Star Wraith
Pro Wraith x2
DX Wraith

Fairway Drivers:
Luster Firebird
Star Firebird (*FB)
CGC Firebird
GStar Thunderbird
Pro Thunderbird
QOLF 1.7
MOLF 1.5
GStar Sidewinder
Pro Sidewinder

Mids:
K1 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe
K1 Kaxe Z
K3 Kaxe Z

Putters:
Pro Pig
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Ice Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Starting to see a gap on hole 3 that I might be able to get a Thunderbird through, but the fairway is sloped down to the left so that it will just skip downhill and OB. Got my K3 Kaxe through a lucky gap and it skipped downhill as well. Might need to just throw 2 Berg shots for par and hope I don't catch a rollaway. I think I found a gap in the tree cover for a spike hyzer on hole 16, but I am not sure I have the distance and rollaways are bad on this hole so it's risky. I was finally able to throw a decent putter shot on hole 18, but it faded out 2 feet OB. Sidewinders get too much distance before the turn kicks in and it's relatively low ceiling so I can't throw a high anhyzer. Literally the only time I have been able to get around the corner on this hole was with a beat MD3, gotta remember to pop it in the bag for the next round to see if I can still get it around. I just have to build consistency for the rest of the holes to make up for some potential big numbers on these 3.

Putting was crazy, couldn't seem to hit a decent C1 putt. However, out of 5 40+ft. putts I drained 2 of them, hit the cage on one and flashed the front of the basket on the other 2. C2 confidence soared and C1 was shaky.......never experienced that before. Disc wise, I find myself relying more on the Thunderbirds rather than the OLFs. Similar to the Teebird I can throw them along the right side of the fairway, even a little OB, and trust them to fade back in. The MOLF in the bag started to turn and has now become more of a straight shooter. It has its uses, but my play style matches the Thunderbirds more.

Pinto Lake again, 2 rounds to test endurance.

Distance Drivers:
Star Wraith
Pro Wraith x2
DX Wraith

Fairway Drivers:
Luster Firebird
CGC Firebird
GStar Thunderbird
Pro Thunderbird
DX Thunderbird
MOLF 1.5
Star Sidewinder
GStar Sidewinder
Pro Sidewinder
Star Leopard

Mids:
K1 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe Z
P-Line MD3
CGC Toro

Putters:
Pro Pig
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Ice Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Since the tournament on the 22nd is 2 rounds in one day I decided to test my endurance, and see how well I played on a second round while tired. Overall not bad. My pace of play was faster than it will be during a tournament and I still threw 2 on almost every tee. Brought a couple extra discs to test out on hole 18. The only one that seemed to work reliably was the Toro on a forehand.......which I am just recently working back into my game. As long as I can make that corner without going OB it should be an easy par. Hole 3 is still a beast, but I think I can get my Rekos to work and give me a look at Par as long as I don't hit all of the spindly stuff. I found that going over the top on 16 is pretty safe. My OLF slightly flipped to almost flat can carry and hyzer to about pin high. I usually roll down the hill, but as long as I stay inbounds I will have an uphill putt for birdie. Though, I think trying for that birdie is a trap, best to pitch under the basket for Par.

The tryout discs were a mixed bag. I could not control the MD3, so hole 18 with that disc was just chaos. The leopard flew so nicely, and I can see adding one to the bag to complement my Kaxes, but it was still to fast for hole 18. Toro was really cool, seemed super dumpy, but always seemd to get a firebird style skip which worked like magic for a forehand on 18. Also added a new Star Sidewinder and a new Star Wraith, both of which fly like a dream. Otherwise, it was a tough day and several shower beers were needed afterward.

Blue lake, Portland.

Drivers:
Pro Wraith

Fairway:
Star Firebird - *FB
I-Blend Sphinx - Beat
I-Blend Sphinx - Fresh
Champion Teebird
Star Teebird
Pro Teebird
DX Teebird
Star Leopard

Mids:
K1 Jarn
P-Line MD4

Putters:
K3 Reko
K3 Berg

Weather was fantastic and course was in great condition. Decided to play Blue Lake because it was close to our hotel. Course has some big distance, but it was a great time. Finished around +10 and lost my DX Teebird. Wife lost both of her Wombat3s, so I am going to need to grab her a couple more. It was nice to bring the Teebirds back out and knock the dust off of them. Pier Park early tomorrow, then off to Mt. Rainier

Pier Park

Drivers:
Pro Wraith

Fairway:
Star Firebird - *FB
I-Blend Sphinx - Beat
I-Blend Sphinx - Fresh
Champion Teebird
Star Teebird
Pro Teebird
Star Leopard

Mids:
K1 Jarn
P-Line MD4

Putters:
K3 Reko
K3 Berg

Fantastic course, kinda foggy which made the place look like a story book location. Almost ever hole had an epic quality to it, whether from the view or the lines you had to hit and most of the time both. I did not do very well, but it was hard to care given the location. I plan on playing this course everytime I am in Portland, which might never happen again, but we will see.

2 Round tourney at Pinto Lake DGC.

Distance Drivers:
Star Wraith x2
Pro Wraith
DX Wraith

Fairway Drivers:
Champ Firebird
CGC Firebird
Star Thunderbird
GStar Thunderbird
Pro Thunderbird
MOLF 1.5
Star Sidewinder
GStar Sidewinder
Pro Sidewinder

Mids:
K1 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe Z
CGC Toro
Champ Mako3

Putters:
Pro Pig
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Ice Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Not a great one for me. Placed last in my division with a very high number. Putting was horrible, had I done as well as I do in my backyard I would probably be second or third. So many three putts and uncommitted cage hits, I felt like a rookie. Last tourney of the year, so I know what I need to practice in the off season.

CSUMB Oaks

Drivers:
Pro Wraith
GStar Wraith

Fairway:
Star Firebird - *FB
Star Thunderbird
SOLF
Star Sidewinder
K3 Kaxe Z
Star Leopard

Mids:
P-Line MD4
Champ Mako3

Putters:
Eclipse Envy
K3 Reko
K3 Berg

Been a long time since I played the Oaks side of CSUMB. Since I am throwing farther than when I last played the course I had a blast. Also got to try out a couple new discs

The main event here was trying out the Envy and I gotta say, so far not impressed. The Reko is so much glidier, but I wanna do side by side one disc rounds with the Envy and Reko X. The Envy is also pretty plussy on the inner rim. Not a deal breaker, just odd compared to the putters I am currently throwing. I like the feel of the plastic though, and it feels comfortable for forehanding. The GStar Wraith is sooooo glidey, it just wants to keep going. Same with the Star Leopard. Oaks is more of a wooded course so I used the Leopard quite a bit, and once it gets on line it just keeps going. The Star Thundy and SOLF are great discs, probably step away from the pro plastic for these and stick with star.

2 rounds at Vista Park Hill DGC

1st round
Bag: Hand

Putters:
Pro Pig
K1 Reko X
Eclipse Envy

Testing Reko X against the Envy and decided to throw the Pig into the mix. Basically playing 3 one disc rounds at the same time. Pig did piggy things, nuff said. Envy tended to have less glide and a stronger fade than the Reko X. Releases with a power grip were cleaner with the Envy, I assume because of the plussy inner rim and slightly shallower depth. Fan grip showed no differences between the two release-wise. Forehands were also more comfortable with the Envy, though it seemed to turn over more with FH torque(keep in mind my FH is not very good). Plastic-wise I will take the K1 any day, but the eclipse plastic is pretty great. I don't know if I have enough information to make a choice on the two discs yet though. It's not really a slot that I am itching to fill, I just had the Reko X in the bag as a windy day Reko and really wanted to try the Envy because of the large fan base. I might test them against each other again in a couple weeks on a different course.

2nd round

Drivers:
Pro Wraith
GStar Wraith

Fairway:
Star Firebird - *FB
Star Thunderbird
SOLF
Star Sidewinder
Champ Teebird
Star Teebird
Pro Teebird
K3 Kaxe Z

Mids:

Putters:
Eclipse Envy
K3 Reko
K3 Berg

Testing Thundy against Teebird against Kaxe Z. Since my throwing form has gotten better, throwing with less power and keeping my max distance static, There is now some good separation between my molds. Kaxes are not performing as I had hoped. I need to test them against my MD4s and a couple Rocs that I have on order. I might be going back to Teebirds and regular mids. Damn do Teebirds fly great. I brought them on my trip to Mt. Rainier and realized how much I missed them and am excited to see them back in the bag. I am sad about the Kaxes though, I love Kastaplast plastic and was hoping for more. They may still stay in the bag depending on how they stack up against other mids, but we shall see.

Whale Rock DGC in El Paso de Robles

Distance Drivers:
Star Wraith x2
Pro Wraith
DX Wraith

Fairway Drivers:
Champ Firebird
CGC Firebird
Star Thunderbird
GStar Thunderbird
MOLF 1.5
Star Sidewinder
Pro Sidewinder
Champ Teebird
Star Teebird
CGC Teebird
Pro Teebird
Star Leopard

Mids:
DX RocX3
DT Solstice
Champ Toro
CGC Toro

Putters:
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Ice Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Trial day for RocX3 and Solstice. RocX3 wins hands down. DT Solstice likes to fly straight then dump straight to the ground, where the DX RocX3 actually has some glide and lateral fade. I'm sure the Solstice will develop glide and a softer fade with some wear, but why wait when I can have it immediately with the RocX3. Now I just to find a clear Champ or a white Glow Champ. Still thinking about trying a standard Roc as well, but not sure that is relevant. The Toros are a dream disc. They are not as comfortable in the hand, to me, as a Pig, but they still feel great and fly great and hopefully the CGC Toro will start to develop a little more glide. I will miss the sticky landings that the Pig gives, but I have Bergs for that pinpoint accuracy. Everything else in my bag is set, though the amount I have in the cart is overkill. Unthrown discs just act as backups or wind stable molds. I only really need 12-16 molds for any course I have been on thus far.

Tried for DeLa Veaga on Saturday, but there was an unscheduled tournament going on. Went to UC Santa Cruz to play their 9 hole instead.

Drivers:
Pro Wraith

Fairway:
Star Firebird - *FB
QOLF
MOLF
I-Blend Sphinx
K1 Kaxe
K3 Kaxe
K1 Kaxe Z
K3 Kaxe Z

Mids:
K1 Jarn
DX RocX3

Putters:
Eclipse Envy
K3 Reko
K3 Berg

Only redeeming quality of this course is the view, which is fantastic. Basically 9 Ace runs. Bag had a lot of discs that I didn't mind losing at DeLa.

9 holes at Vista Hill Park DGC to Test my new RocX3s.

Bag: Hand

Mids:
Glow Champ RocX3
DX RocX3

Brought one of the new DX RocX3s to see how it flies. I hope the other 3 are more stable, this one had a little bit of turn to it. Otherwise I might need to search for some Glow DX or try to cycle Star. The Glow Champ is a beefcake. This is my very first non-color glow champ disc and so far I'm digging it.

Another 9 holes at Vista Hill Park DGC.

Bag: Grip AX5

Distance:
Champ Wraith
Star Wraith

Fairway:
Champ Firebird
CGC Firebird
Star Thunderbird x2
DX Thunderbird
GStar Sidewinder
MF Teebird x2
K1 Kaxe
K1 Kaxe Z

Mids:
Glow Champ RocX3
DX RocX3

Putters:
Champ Toro
Star Toro
CGC Toro
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Had a couple things going on this round. Wanted to let a couple wraiths get some airtime, specifically the Champ that has been sitting in a box for 4 years. Tested the Kaxes against the RocX3s. They have about the same distance, but the RocX3s have way more bite at the end. For some reason the Kaxes just don't have much fade, in fact I think the K3 Kaxes had more fade than these K1s do. Also, wanted to test the Toro in all 3 plastics. CGC has a straighter flight and more of a drifting fade, probably about 4,3,0,3. Star and Champ flew very similar to each other. About halfway through the flight they start to hyzer and get a big flare skip. My Star Toro had a small bit of dome where the other two are flat to slight puddle top. I think I might bag the CGC and the Champ as my main and heavy wind fighter respectively.

20 Holes at CSUMB Cypress

Bag: Grip AX5

Distance:
Star Wraith x2
Pro Wraith

Fairway:
CGC Firebird
Star Thunderbird
Pro Thunderbird LOST!!!
GStar Thunderbird
Star Sidewinder
DX Sidewinder
Champ Teebird
Star Teebird
Pro Teebird

Mids:
Glow Champ RocX3
DX RocX3 x2

Putters:
Champ Toro
CGC Toro
K1 Reko X
K1 Reko
K3 Hard Reko
K1 Berg
K3 Hard Berg

Went to the closest PIAS hoping to find a beat to snot Star or Champ Sidewinder in yellow for a roller slot. Found a ton of used Roadrunners, but the only yellow Sidewinder was a slightly used DX so I thought why not. But, I also found a beat super domey Wraith that is a bomber. It flies super straight and floaty with minimal fade at the end like a nicely beat teebird. lands only about 10 shy of my beat up pro wraith that I have to hyzer flip at a 45 degree angle and gets real squirrely in the slightest breeze. The new wraith has a far more dependable flight though. Whoever traded this thing in lost a gem. Speaking of lost, I lost my one and only Pro Thunderbird. Ended up about 50 feet up in a cypress tree. Hit it several times with my slingshot, but those cypress trees do not let go. Only 4th drive of the round and I got a little too cocky on a downhill throw. Bag is solid, ready for the next year or so of disc golf.

Latest posts