• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brockness ITB

Old Farm DGC, Casual Round (-1)

Bag: Grip AX5

Drivers:
Katana x3
Vass x1
Wraith x1

Fairway:
Stal x1
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x1
Falk x1

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea x2
Toro x1

Putters:
Reko(X) x3
Berg x3

Great day of disc golf.

Fallasburg Park DGC, League Round (+11)

Bag: Grip AX5

Drivers:
Katana x3
Wraith x1

Fairway:
Firebird x1
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x2

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea x2
Toro x1

Putters:
Reko(X) x3
Berg x3

First league round at Fallasburg. The league runs all holes as a par 3, even though 2 holes are normally a par 4 and 1 is a par 5. So really I shot a +7... still not great. Looking forward to 24-ish weeks of league.

Had to take several weeks break to fix the new house up, and just got back into playing the Sunday league rounds at Fallasburg DGC 3 weeks ago. Temps have been chilly and I have not played a lot since early October. last 3 rounds including today were +9, +23, +20. Conditions today were rain, sleet and a little snow. Enjoying myself despite the abysmal scores. I think I need to try to get one other round in during the week, just for a little extra practice.

Update for last 2 sundays at league

Fallasburg DGC, League Rounds (+16, +10)

Bag: ZUCA Transit

Distance Drivers:
Katana x4

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird x2
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x3

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea x2
Toro x2

Putters:
Reko(X) x3
Berg x3

Last 2 rounds have been getting better. Last Sunday I actually felt like I was playing somewhat normal. Weather was warm (mid 40s) and I could feel my fingers. When the snow starts up I will switch over to a smaller bag and drop the katanas. I might even drop the 9 speeds, but I will make that decision after a couple rounds in the snow. Trying to play smarter at this course. There are several holes that I cannot reach, so I am trying to identify them and see if I can break the hole up with a couple mid shots, or a mid and putter rather than driver and approach. Mostly the drivers have a higher chance of sending me into some nastiness.

Jaycee Park DGC, Casual round (-1)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x3
Wraith x1

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird x2
Thunderbird/MOLF x4
Sidewinder x3

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea x2
Toro x2

Putters:
Reko(X) x3
Berg x2

Throws felt great, distance seemed comparable to what I was throwing at the end of summer leagues. I think this was one of my better scores here, if not my best score here, having only played about 8 rounds at this course. I think I will mostly be playing here and Fallasburg for the winter, as there are alot of trees to miss and that seems to be my biggest weakness right now. Also, it should allow me to create a full cycle for my Kotukus so I can eventually drop the Svea from the bag. Might do the same with the 9 speeds so I can drop the Sidewinder, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

Happy to see RPM and Kasta represented.

For me, anything inside 150' is Berg or Reko (in my case K3 hard).

But I also recently put the Glow Piwakawa back in as my glidey straight mid, knocking out the more understable Stig. I threw the Piwak a few times yesterday and wondered why I ever took it out.

Happy to see RPM and Kasta represented.

For me, anything inside 150' is Berg or Reko (in my case K3 hard).

But I also recently put the Glow Piwakawa back in as my glidey straight mid, knocking out the more understable Stig. I threw the Piwak a few times yesterday and wondered why I ever took it out.
I was originally looking at the piwak for my straight/US mid slot, but I settled on the Svea because i was unfamiliar with RPM at the time. Eventually the Kotukus will cover every spot in my mid lineup, and I really enjoy the selection of plastics that the mold comes in. If I ever get the chance I want to try a piwak and a pekapeka as well as the entire putter lineup as I feel the baseline RPM plastic is better than K3 and K3 hard from Kasta.

I have been using a mix of K3 and K3 hard for my Rekos and Bergs this winter. Both plastics are easier to grip than even k1 Soft.

I was originally looking at the piwak for my straight/US mid slot, but I settled on the Svea because i was unfamiliar with RPM at the time. Eventually the Kotukus will cover every spot in my mid lineup, and I really enjoy the selection of plastics that the mold comes in. If I ever get the chance I want to try a piwak and a pekapeka as well as the entire putter lineup as I feel the baseline RPM plastic is better than K3 and K3 hard from Kasta.

I have been using a mix of K3 and K3 hard for my Rekos and Bergs this winter. Both plastics are easier to grip than even k1 Soft.
I briefly bagged the Pekapeka a few years ago, but found them to be too flippy, especially FH. I bag a Virus in that slot now.

I bag a couple of Hexes (they've always been more stable for me than supposedly everyone else experiences) and a couple of Uplinks (which probably throw like your Svea). I found that the glow Pika is more stable than Atomic or Strata, so it fits right between Hex and Uplink. Reliably straight with the slightest turn.

Fallasburg Park DGC, League Round (+16)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x4

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird x2
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x3

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea x2
Toro x2

Putters:
Reko(X) x4
Berg x3

Why is this course kicking my ass so hard. Even accounting for the 4 extra strokes allowed by the course for a normal par that would set me at a +12 which still feels so bad. Today was nice and warm too (high 40s). My mental is pretty strong, but frustration is starting to set in.

Fallasburg Park DGC, League Round (+18)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x4

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird x2
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x3

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea x2
Toro x2

Putters:
Reko(X) x4
Berg x3

Rainy and cold. Probably not a bad round considering the weather, but I can't help but feel I'm still not performing where I should be.

Jaycee Park DGC, Casual Round (+4)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x4

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird x2
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x3

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea x2
Toro x2

Putters:
Reko(X) x4
Berg x3

I was one down until hole 10. Missed mando, overshot approach and missed long putt for a double bogey. Played in jeans, a Carhartt chore coat and work boots, so it could have been worse. Distances are still good. Reaching holes that I wasn't able to during the summer league rounds, but that could be that my discs are a little more beat in since then.

Fallasburg Park DGC, League Round (+8)

Bag: Fade Crunchbox

Distance Drivers:
Vass x1
Tern x1

Fairway Drivers:
Stal x1
Dynasty x1
Lots x1
Falk x1

Mids:
Kotuku x1
Svea x1
Toro x1

Putters:
Reko(X) x2
Berg x2

Knee Deep snow in places, pin location changed for only 2 holes, and I still shoot lower than I have been averaging lately. Lesson to be learned? maybe slow down, use slower discs, or write it off as a fluke. Haven't played in a couple weeks and everything felt stiff. We were the second group out, and since the park had been closed for the crazy weather last weekend, the snow was relatively untouched. Don't think I will be doing anymore snow rounds though. One of the guys on my card lost 3 discs and that feels bad. I'll workout and wait for the snows to clear.

Dang man that's crazy about the snow. Those rounds can be brutal
Yeah, I knew it was gonna be bad, that's why I brought discs that I didn't mind losing if need be. When you spend half the round looking for every disc the fun seems to turn into frustration pretty quick.

Fallasburg Park DGC, League Round (+12)

Bag: Fade Crunchbox

Distance Drivers:
Vass x1
Tern x1

Fairway Drivers:
Stal x1
Dynasty x1
Lots x1
Falk x1

Mids:
Kotuku x1
Svea x1
Toro x1

Putters:
Reko(X) x2
Berg x2

Cold day, but the snow was gone so I wasn't gonna miss another round. Throwing slower is helping a bit, and I'm thinking about swapping the thunderbird-adjacent discs for my teebirds to start working on accuracy. I feel like I try to overthrow the 9 speeds to make sure I get them up to speed for proper flight, which results in loss of accuracy off the tee. The 12-13 speeds can stay for the last 2 holes because they are wide open and I can put some power into them without much worry.

Picked up a Pound Rufus. Planning on it being my main bag for the year. Here is the inaugural loadout.

Bag: Pound Rufus

Distance Drivers:
Katana x3

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x2

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea
Toro

Putters:
Reko(X) x2
Berg x3

I assume that there is going to be a little bit of movement after the first couple rounds. I originally had another Reko and only 1 Sidewinder, But I feel like I throw less Rekos, and having a fresh stable sidewinder will workout nicely until I can get an OLF or Thundy to fill the spot. Plus I have lost more Sidewinders than any other disc in the last 2 years and a backup will help. I'm also thinking I only need 2 Katanas, but having a wind stable one on hand will be nice. The Firebird could possibly be replaced with a fresh Thundy, but I'm going to have to test that before I commit. The only other thing that I am thinking about is replacing my putting Bergs with Rekos, but I'm going to need about a thousand putts or more to get used to the extra glide. Hoping to have a lot of fun this year.

Jaycee Park DGC, Casual Round (+1)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x3

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x2

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea
Toro

Putters:
Reko(X) x2
Berg x3

Warm day, so I decided to get a round in. Loving the Rufus. So much lighter than my Grip bag, and I was still able to carry everything I needed with room to spare. Played a pretty good round for not having played in a couple weeks. Had a couple Ace "scares", and distance seemed decent. I'm gonna try to remember to leave a list at the end of every one of these to remind myself of the discs I didn't throw. Hopefully that will help me realize something about what I need or don't.

Didn't Throw:
Firebird
Beefy Thunderbird
Straighter Thunderbird
Stable Sidewinder
Atomic Kotuku
Beat Kotuku

Fallasburg DGC, League Round (+13)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x3

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x2

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea
Toro

Putters:
Reko(X) x2
Berg x3

Rocky start, pulled it together, fell apart at the end. Distance seemed poor, accuracy even worse. Only the putts seemed to keep me in the game.

Didn't Throw:
Katana (Beefy)
Thunderbird (Beefy)
Kotuku (Beat)

Jaycee Park DGC, Casual Round (+5)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x3

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x2

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea
Toro

Putters:
Reko(X) x2
Berg x3

Similar to last Sunday started off rocky, pulled it together in the middle, fell apart in the end. I mostly wanted to work on timing, and it seemed to help because the distance problems I had on Sunday were gone. No ace "scares" today, but I got 2 Birdies that I haven't got yet. Hole 18 and Hole 2 are the only birdies left to get. Took out the uber beefy thunderbird in favor of a current run SOLF, swapped the Stable Sidewinder for a very beat Sidewinder, and swapped the freshest baseline Kotuku for my the most beat one I have. These swaps should give me a little extra choice in shot shapes. Reko X did some work in the middle.

Didn't Throw:
Firebird
Thunderbird (Champystar)

Fallasburg DGC, League Round (+13)

Distance Drivers:
Katana x3

Fairway Drivers:
Firebird
Thunderbird/MOLF x3
Sidewinder x2

Mids:
Kotuku x3
Svea
Toro

Putters:
Reko(X) x2
Berg x3

Sadly, this is close to the average score for me on this course this winter. I caught myself going for birdies instead of pitching below the basket, and that has a tendency to lose me extra strokes. Also, I seem to lose distance by the end of a league round and I am not sure why yet.

Didn't Throw:
Thunderbird (ChampyStar)
SOLF
Katana (OS)