• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 500 ft Barrier!!

I will believe it when you get a wheel to measure with and stop counting 1 step = 1yd.

Make a vid like this with no edits stops etc

mark tee box
Throw the disc
have cam man walk back to you
get wheel
cam on wheel showing distance at 0
walk in a straight line directly to disc with cam following you while you push wheel.
show wheel with distance At disc

that sounds really confusing...thats why i bought a rangefinder, and im not too pressed on 500 as i am going for 550. i dont need you to believe...or why dont you watch averys throw linked below beside mine and time the disc in the air. since his was around 500' and see if you can tell the difference in the time the disc was in the air...the throws are about the same height too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ut4J9NrloM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOzhXUYjZ6k

Last edited:
Well that would be irrelevant, since it still depends on the velocity of the discs, and odds are Avery's disc was flying faster than yours. But I can tell that's at least close to a 500' shot, because it's 360 from goalpost to goalpost, and you clearly went at least a hundred past that. Nice drive. Don't worry about the haters, no one wants to believe that anyone can throw farther than them, even when they see a video of it happening.

I seen the first couple vids posted, and he's got good technique. Just can't tell **** from vids. I'd really like to see some quality vids before passing real judgment. There is a very slim chance someone with raw natural talent picks this up and 4 weeks of practice bombs 500'+. Anything can happen, but the odds are severely stacked against you. I'm not saying that it might not be a little extra work to do what was mentioned. But, think about it like this. When you go out of your way to prove that you walked off a 500' throw with a measuring wheel, then you turn and look at the camera. And, laugh, well that says it all doesn't it?

no one wants to believe that anyone can throw farther than them, even when they see a video of it happening.

False. I think everybody knows that there is somebody out there that can throw farther than himself. More power and props to the hundreds or thousands that can throw farther than me. Good luck in the distance competition because i won't be there.

Questioning a 500+ foot throw by someone who has been playing a month is not hating. It's perfectly normal and valid skepticism because of its rarity. And most people don't believe things until they see it for themselves.

Looks legit to me though...

Sweet chunk dude. Few more weeks and you could probably enter some Big D comps. And the people that are making you think that it's unique is because it is. It's unique to throw 500'+, but it's VERY UNIQUE to throw that far in just four weeks. You are indeed "The Natural."

...looking forward to some more vids and hopefully some closeups of your form.

I seen the first couple vids posted, and he's got good technique. Just can't tell **** from vids. I'd really like to see some quality vids before passing real judgment. There is a very slim chance someone with raw natural talent picks this up and 4 weeks of practice bombs 500'+. Anything can happen, but the odds are severely stacked against you. I'm not saying that it might not be a little extra work to do what was mentioned. But, think about it like this. When you go out of your way to prove that you walked off a 500' throw with a measuring wheel, then you turn and look at the camera. And, laugh, well that says it all doesn't it?

ya sorry, i dont know enought about this game or the people who play it to know what is considered far or not, and i still dont understand why it matters to some people, i just set out for a distance goal for fun..i did not realize there were so many people who could not throw this far, the record for distance is something like 820' so i figured 4-500 would be average, and 600-800 would be the elite throwers...although i am thinking now that i could throw close to 600' if i was 3000ft above sealevel.

False. I think everybody knows that there is somebody out there that can throw farther than himself. More power and props to the hundreds or thousands that can throw farther than me. Good luck in the distance competition because i won't be there.

Questioning a 500+ foot throw by someone who has been playing a month is not hating. It's perfectly normal and valid skepticism because of its rarity. And most people don't believe things until they see it for themselves.

Looks legit to me though...

thanks Posey!!

Sweet chunk dude. Few more weeks and you could probably enter some Big D comps. And the people that are making you think that it's unique is because it is. It's unique to throw 500'+, but it's VERY UNIQUE to throw that far in just four weeks. You are indeed "The Natural."

...looking forward to some more vids and hopefully some closeups of your form.

ya i have changed my form since my orginal video, i was taking too many steps and bouncing and so on...I live in Virginia i dont know if there are any distance competitions near me, i bet they would be fun to try, i dont know about the natural part, i think i was just gifted with high twitch muscle fibers..
here is a video from last year kicking a 55 yr field goal in my first football season in semi-pro, i have kicked 68 in practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buj5he0ZG7o

So, how are you measuring this distance?

You counting on the football field, but from goal post to goal post, that only gives you 360'

NVM Read some more. Assuming the field is accurate, Id say your measurements have to at least be close.

Last edited:
Please realize, that we can't see who is throwing this disc either. No offense, but that could be anyone. I'm with everyone else. 500ft is way to fantastic for me to believe that you threw this in just four weeks. Not buying it. ...or you have some video editing skills.

Last edited:
ya i have changed my form since my orginal video, i was taking too many steps and bouncing and so on...I live in Virginia i dont know if there are any distance competitions near me, i bet they would be fun to try, i dont know about the natural part, i think i was just gifted with high twitch muscle fibers..
here is a video from last year kicking a 55 yr field goal in my first football season in semi-pro, i have kicked 68 in practice.

If you can kick that far why are you still semi-pro? Some professional kickers in the NFL can't hit a 55 yard field goal and 68 yards I believe would be a record if you were to hit that in a game.

Also, I may be wrong on this, but I believe some of the distance records for disc golf were set with a tailwind hence why some of them are so monstrous.

Gifted would be an accurate statement. it really doesn't matter who believes you. I am assuming the only reason you posted this is because you care what people think. distance is an awesome thing to have. Keep it up and start playing some tournaments if you are serious about the sport. If the rest of your game progresses as fast as your D you will be quite a threat.

Good Luck.

I think a lot of people are doubting you so much because they don't understand what it really takes to throw those discs 500'. It's all in the timing of the last 12" of the throw. For most of the people that can do it, it's one of those things that just "clicks" once they get the basic mechanics figured out. You either "get it" early on or not at all. Granted, 4 weeks is really freakin' early on but I don't see what the motivation is to fake videos like that.

I wouldn't give up on 600' quite yet. I woudln't expcect it to come as easy as 450' did, it will take a lot of smaller tweakes in your form to find ways to harness more power, but it's not out of the question.

It sounds like you're having a lot of fun playing. Don't listen to the nay-sayers and keep asking questions. Just know that for some things, the answers you get might be different from the answers most other people get.

Go for it, I don't care how you do it, I just enjoy watching them discs fly so far.

HHMMMM??

Let me guess, you've got a 15 inch unit, just dumped Halle Berry, are meeting up with Megan Fox tonight and hit 90% of your putts inside 50 feet??

I haven't even met you and I hate you already. But I don't doubt your arm.

Keep on chucking and please forward the Halle Berry and Megan Fox videos.

:thmbup:

I have mostly been throwing the disc flat ,probably some nose up but not much and now I have started to use more nose down than normal and that really helps the disc to fly further and my throws starts growing again.

If you throw close to the ground it will be less air to slow the disc down but when no wind high throws with nose down and much speed would probably be my go to choise.

Keep up the good work:thmbup:

The disc "disappears" into the trees & the camera stops moving, then the camera pans and the disc is seen coming out of the trees.

Is there someone in the trees we can't see, throwing a second shot at the point I mention above? That's the impression I get when watching the video.

Latest posts