• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

^Agreed, but there isn't a rule saying dome+X=PLH.

The Roc Buzzz and Pain you mentioned all wouldn't have the same PLH just because they all have a 4mm dome. EDIT: in relation to a flat one.

i think your missing my point. i just brought up PLH as an individual variable within those molds, not comparing those molds to one another. nor am i saying any kind of formula, tho i do believe PLH is controllable as some brands seem to have consistent PLH.

I did a pretty detailed review, now many pages back. My FAF Buzzz OS is def. more overstable than my Wasp (also dead flat). I took a driver out to fit the OS, when I had initially assumed I'd be taking my Wasp out. My mid line up is about as nuanced as my control driver lineup now. Necessary? No. Fun? Yep.

I threw a puddle top 176g yesterday and was impressed. It flew like a very fast zone. There's a good chance these will replace my wasps.

mine is sitting at home waiting for me! i'll give it a good testing this weekend and report. ill do some comparison pics too if anyone wants them.

Unless the production run is less OS, I think they undervalued the flight rating of these. Its more like a 2.2 than a 1.7.

Puddle top/concave flight plates

2 arrived in the mail today, have not thrown them, both have puddle tops/concave flight plates.

Kind of reminds me of my Am Worlds Verdict (Truth stamped), but beefier.

In my experience, puddle tops do not propagate/glide as far before fading hard, kind of like the concave 11x Firebirds, so these will be (over)stable monkeys, probably more stable than my Wasps.

Also including a picture of Am Worlds Verdict/Z Wasp/1st Run Z Drone/1st Run Buzzz OS.

Based on visual inspection and holding the discs, I am guessing the Buzzz OS will be between the Wasp and Drone.

Was hoping for a flat flight plate, not concave, but in the world of molding soft plastics, flat usually means sort of flat or sometimes flat......

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 97
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 80
got 2 in the mail today both pink, 174 and 178. neither is a puddle top but super flat. took the 174 out to a field and loved it right away. first off it feels like a buzzz but with the depth of a drone (i love my drones). it has no flip up but doesnt hyzer or pull left on HSS and as it slows down it gently gains overstability. very very controllable. into a headwind, tailwind, crosswind i noticed very lil effects from the 12mph (accuweather) wind. only threw a few flicks with it, similar HSS to a drone but nowhere near the hyzer out.
I will be bagging this disc and eagerly awaiting an ESP release. Its a disc i feel like i can trust to throw into a headwind but dont need to power up with (drone). will be hitting up a course this weekend that is midrange heavy to give it a proper testing.

comparison notables:
with a left to right tailwind, i got more distance than a Roc3, Z Buzzz, and ESP Buzzz. on a straight up tailwind i got about the same distance. headwinds i out drove all of them with 0 flex or flip. straight left to right no flip and great distance as well, the Roc3 didnt flip up at all either and went a similar distance.

Last edited:
2 arrived in the mail today, have not thrown them, both have puddle tops/concave flight plates.

Kind of reminds me of my Am Worlds Verdict (Truth stamped), but beefier.

In my experience, puddle tops do not propagate/glide as far before fading hard, kind of like the concave 11x Firebirds, so these will be (over)stable monkeys, probably more stable than my Wasps.

Also including a picture of Am Worlds Verdict/Z Wasp/1st Run Z Drone/1st Run Buzzz OS.

Based on visual inspection and holding the discs, I am guessing the Buzzz OS will be between the Wasp and Drone.

Was hoping for a flat flight plate, not concave, but in the world of molding soft plastics, flat usually means sort of flat or sometimes flat......

What the hell do I know, this disc is awesome, took it to the local 18 hole course where most holes are 150-280, this thing performed well, not just into a headwind but on several shots including tunnels with hyzer finishes.

Not as overstable as I expected, I would say a little less overstable than a new Wasp, and does not cut hard to the left, just starts fading, but keeps getting distance while it fades.

Really surprised how well it did powered down and powered up, got metal on 2 holes and was parked on several more. I think the beefy rim is what lets you get more carry and control, the extra weight in the rim means the thrower can add rotation when desired to get more carry before it fades, and less rotation makes it controllable when powered down.

My Buzzz OS is 177+, blue.

More overstable than a brand new 176G C-Line MD3, and more overstable than a moderately used 177G Lucid Truth (regular run). Surprisingly more controllable on 150-280 foot holes than my blue 177+ 10 Yr Buzzz.

Also had a great time throwing my new red, white, and blue stamped hybrid Judge, got one that was over-weight from Marshall St.

I'm curious to see how these compare in HSS and distance with a Pain under headwinds and L-to-R crosswinds.

So for those of you that have thrown these how do they compare to a Hornet?
been awhile since throwing a hornet, but its real similar. similar HSS but it doesnt hook at the end it just fades. to me its more of a Drone SS then a Buzzz OS.

Grabbed 2 max weight ones today and can not wait to try them out. Hope they make some titanum ones soon also.

I wonder if these will cause DC to stop production of Hornets. I'm not saying they should, but DC seems to replace discs with newer ones frequently.