• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Innova also blew through more Roc3 than they expected. DD keeps running out of Daggers and Missilens. It happens. Its a good thing manufacturers can't meet demand.

That's quite enough sound logic and common sense out of you today. Can't you see the pitchforks are out and they need someone to unleash their insanity on? If you don't stop making sense soon I am going to have no choice but to report your posts. :D

Innova also blew through more Roc3 than they expected. DD keeps running out of Daggers and Missilens. It happens. Its a good thing manufacturers can't meet demand.

I didn't know about the Misslen issue, but Lat was pretty up front about the slow trickle of Daggers. Just playing devils advocate on that one.

The last of "three stacks" (however many that is) of Buzzzes OS were gone about 5 minutes after payouts started at CCR Open (JBird was the vendor). I'd say demand was pretty high.

The guy at CJ's was pretty proud of having 'em on the shelf "Yep - not even the distributors have 'em yet!"

"WE WILL TAKE YOUR $$$ FIRST COME FIRST SERVE but... cant tell you when you get the product sorry"

ya that is one thing i hate. its something that ecommerce needs to shy away from. the company i run doesnt charge until it ships and i demanded it be that way. plus its just stupid anyway cause if someone cancels the company has to pay the transaction fee both ways. but whatever thats not we are talking about.

Approved July 19th. That was a Saturday (unless it was some year other than 2014). So, that's 13 working days. What is Discrafts production capacity?

Let's say they made only the new discs for the past 13 working days, how many discs would that be? How many discs SHOULD they have made?

its simple, if you are going to make a limited quantity of first runs then that needs to be communicated. they also then need to limit how much quantity each vendor can get or allow only a few select vendors to carry them. then they could also announce that standard runs will be available to all shortly. i doubt anyone would be mad if they announced a limited amount of first runs.

also, im sure after all these years Discraft knows full well if a disc will be approved or not before they send it, so im sure they were already on the grind before July 19th. if not it was short sighted.

all and all.....whateves. mine will be here friday, just in time for the weekend. Pink deliciousness......

If discraft was a public company, the stock would be up today. DGC blew through 90 in less than 1 day.

so....has anyone been throwing them yet? big difference in flight vs the wasp?

here is info on the puddle tops:
....new Z Buzzz OS with just the Discraft logo. This particular run came out with a sunken top. Like a putter with such a top, it loses a touch of high speed stability as well as develops a little more glide. I threw its twin against a regular Z Buzzz OS and you will see a difference in the initial portion of its flight.

For approximately 80% of its flight, imagine powering up a regular Buzzz but holding that Buzzz like line. Only at the end does its healthy fade really kick in.

Didn't realize these were short on supply. Just ordered a pair from Marshall Street.

AFTC - I don't distrust smartquark but are you sure he didn't just get a fluke? Most any midrange or putter that is flat/sunken GAINS overstability - it's usually the drivers that gain overstability with dome. Last I checked flat/sunken Buzzz', Drones, and Zones are all more overstable than their domey counterpats.

not ions, tangents, vectors, axis in my MVP experience. drivers yes but mids/putters no. could be with the drones/buzzes the sunken dome raised the PLH/Wing height?

I remember my domey Z CFR buzz being much more OS than the super flat ESP FLX which started to clover.

Not sure there is a rule though really as some are designed to be flat while others are designed with dome and it impacts different parts of the flight differently like a bead can.

Last edited:
AFTC - I don't distrust smartquark but are you sure he didn't just get a fluke? Most any midrange or putter that is flat/sunken GAINS overstability - it's usually the drivers that gain overstability with dome. Last I checked flat/sunken Buzzz', Drones, and Zones are all more overstable than their domey counterpats.

ya, i dont think the puddle top is inconsistent. think like the Yeti Aviars, its a KC with a puddle top. the yetis have more glad and are less OS.

i have a stack of old DX rocs, the most OS ones are pop top, and the most US ones are baby domes and the flat tops are slighly OS. none of them are puddled tho.

idk enough about aerodynamics in discs, but there is alot of inconsistency in how what effects what. at least to a layman.

Most any DISCRAFT midrange or putter that is flat/sunken GAINS overstability . . .

FTFM

I was aiming company specific but left the most important part of my post out. Whoops:) I personally will wait for second or third runs to see if they tweak the mold at all/listen to which shapes and colors you guys prefer (giggity?).

FTFM

I was aiming company specific but left the most important part of my post out. Whoops:) I personally will wait for second or third runs to see if they tweak the mold at all/listen to which shapes and colors you guys prefer (giggity?).

i dont see how brand would affect this.

Because they are the constant - Lat64 and Legacy and Innova all do things slightly different than each other even if it's the same general process. Their plastics and blends etc. should have more similar results than others. I don't have proof of that but seems pretty logical to me.

Because they are the constant - Lat64 and Legacy and Innova all do things slightly different than each other even if it's the same general process. Their plastics and blends etc. should have more similar results than others. I don't have proof of that but seems pretty logical to me.

since we are talking about flight. plastic is the only factor that a brand brings to the table. PLH, dome, wing, shoulder, etc all work the same regardless of the plastic or brand. A roc, buzzz, and pain will all be affected in the same way by a low or high PLH.
and i would give examples outside of innova, but those stacks of inconsistent Rocs are from before i learned how to pick a disc.

^Agreed, but there isn't a rule saying dome+X=PLH.

The Roc Buzzz and Pain you mentioned all wouldn't have the same PLH just because they all have a 4mm dome. EDIT: in relation to a flat one.