• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

any wasp throwers immediately like the buzz os better?

i just got my buzz os in the mail today. i feel like flicks are going to be great with it. but i am partial to my flat heavies wasps. honestly i dont think its a gap discraft needed to fill. but im a sucker for their mids

im yet to throw it. will be testing it tomorrow

First impression. Overall was less controllable than the Z Wasp. Took me a lot of effort to fly straight.

Maybe that's what happens when you're calling something an overstable Buzzz and then have to distinguish it enough from the Buzzz. Maybe winds up flying like a pig?

BTW, how many Nuke OS throwers are there out there?

Maybe that's what happens when you're calling something an overstable Buzzz and then have to distinguish it enough from the Buzzz. Maybe winds up flying like a pig?

BTW, how many Nuke OS throwers are there out there?

a chucker outdrove me with a flick on a nuke os. i mean it was sloppy crappy luck of one good rip, but ill be dammed if it wasnt one of the most humbling things that happened to be out on the course...

oh yeah and taking a 5 on a 180 foot hole while another chucker got an ace with a freakin wraith.

but wasps are so easy to throw. and get distance out of, even on hyzer. this buzz os is sounding more like a hornet

A few people talking about keeping it straight... that's what a Buzzz is for, or a beat Wasp. This guy is gonna be about the hard fade, wind fighting, and FH dependability.

I hear ya elmex. I finally get to thrown mine tomorrow. Going to run it head to head with a Hornet and see. I like beads on my putters and mids, but these Buzzz OS' feel great.

a chucker outdrove me with a flick on a nuke os. i mean it was sloppy crappy luck of one good rip, but ill be dammed if it wasnt one of the most humbling things that happened to be out on the course...

oh yeah and taking a 5 on a 180 foot hole while another chucker got an ace with a freakin wraith.

but wasps are so easy to throw. and get distance out of, even on hyzer. this buzz os is sounding more like a hornet

Point was how many Nuke OS throwers are there? Yeh, that was a real winner for Discraft.

Would liked to have seen the 180' ace with Wraith.

Ditto on the Wasp. Distance is surprising when stretching them out on flex lines. I like them for controlled fade on approach. There isn't the big flare fade like with so many newer glidey OS mids.

That's because it's not made to do that.

:rolleyes: Right. I said that to reference how OS it was. I can throw my Wasp hard with anhyzer and get it to follow a straight line. I couldn't do that with the Buzzz OS. Trying to emphasize how much more OS it was than my Z Wasp. Point I wanted to make was that my Wasp is much more controllable. I can throw it straight (with anhyzer) or on a hyzer line without a huge amount of effort. The BuzzzOS I was throwing really felt like a longer Zone. Very OS indeed.

:rolleyes: Right. I said that to reference how OS it was. I can throw my Wasp hard with anhyzer and get it to follow a straight line. I couldn't do that with the Buzzz OS. Trying to emphasize how much more OS it was than my Z Wasp. Point I wanted to make was that my Wasp is much more controllable. I can throw it straight (with anhyzer) or on a hyzer line without a huge amount of effort. The BuzzzOS I was throwing really felt like a longer Zone. Very OS indeed.

would you say like a hornet? cuz i feel like you just described a hornet haha

would you say like a hornet? cuz i feel like you just described a hornet haha

Not as glidey as a Hornet. It's actual Z plastic too. Every Hornet I threw said Z on the stamp but felt and wore down like ESP. I stand by the longer Zone comparison.

Not as glidey as a Hornet. It's actual Z plastic too. Every Hornet I threw said Z on the stamp but felt and wore down like ESP. I stand by the longer Zone comparison.

really? da hell. and yeah hornets were a weird blend of z/esp

a local dg owner is a huge fan of the hornets so i got the scoop on those.

well im going to try not to be biased when i try it out tomorrow, (but the wasps are probably going to stay from the way you described it)

I agree that it is wrong to compare B-OS to Wasp. Haven't thrown a Hornet, but I think this is way more stable than a Wasp and fills a different slot.

What comes to the overlapping in DC lineup, I feel the B-OS is a welcome addition since it is their only beadless OS mid and that makes a huge difference in my books. For a Buzzz thrower it immediately feels familiar in the hand.

Regarding the previous statement, I'm not sure Hornet and Drone Really have a bead, but They feel Like it in the hand.

52 pages of compairing it to a Hornet and wasp :p

dead-horse.gif

hornet has a tiny bead. i didnt even notice it at first.

and yes swisher ill let you know after today when i throw them how it compares to the wasp and hornet

really? da hell. and yeah hornets were a weird blend of z/esp

a local dg owner is a huge fan of the hornets so i got the scoop on those.

well im going to try not to be biased when i try it out tomorrow, (but the wasps are probably going to stay from the way you described it)

This is the frustrating part for me, I like the feel of the hornet plastic, better than a wasp, for this reason.
And kinda go back and forth on which one I carry.
I usually end up with the hornet in the winter, and wasp in the summer.
Because of plastic I also switch my Buzzz to flx and/or just ESP.
Hopefully this B OS will come in something other than just Z.

NukeSS and OS is confusing? It tells you what the disc is right in the name.
Don't bother trying to fix stupid people. It can't be done, although I really hope modern science is looking into this. Quite frankly we could either fix them by making them more intelligent or fix them in the veterinary sense and I'd be equally content. :D