• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz-What plastic?

SomeChump

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
So I'm ordering a few discs and thinking about getting a Buzzz to try it out. I don't know disccraft plastic very well. I've got an Avenger in Elite Z, so I know that's a lot like Champion, but I don't think I've ever held a disc that is in Elite X or Pro-D. I hear ESP is quite a bit like Star.

Everyone "knows" the roc is best in DX. What is the Buzzz best in? What was it originally molded in?

i prefer the flx plastic, just feels great in the hand, thats if you like a disc to be soft and flimsy. otherwise i would go with elite z, a lot firmer. havnt thrown the pro-d yet

I've got three, all 172g, in Pro D, Elite Z, and FLX ESP. I also have a good number of other discs in Elite X. FLX and Z are my favorite. I use the FLX in the woods as it really doesn't ricochet very much at all, and the Z in the open as it'll skip better and maybe get me a few feet closer. The Pro-D has been beaten in and I only really use it for turning it over. Elite X plastic has real good grip but I have some that I don't like the way they've worn. I seem to get a lot of little plastic spurs on the X discs.

get the pro-d plastic. it is the most straight flying, with a rating turn rating of 0, every other plastic has a turn of .5
I'd have to disagree with this. I have an Elite-X Buzzz that I can get to fly extremely straight. In fact, I have to throw it at a slight hyzer angle to get it to go flat, and if released flat, it does a nice controlled turnover shot. My point, is that it's already straight enough. Plus, if you get it in Pro-D it will beat up faster and become even less stable.

I have an elite x and a cryztal/flx. The cryztal/flx is incredible and just about impossible to find. The elite x has a good grip and flies very flat and true. I have a pro d stratus and just about every throw takes a chunk out of it. I say get an X is you want grippier or a Z if you want durability, you'll love whichever you choose.

I dont know if you can say Rocs are best in DX. I sure like my CE

I have a Buzzz in ESP X Z and FLX. The ESP is easier to turn over IMO, it has a higher dome and is a little harder. The Z is what I would call a flat top very good with slight fade on the end of it's flight. The FLX is my Favorite I've had 2 now, lost one. wouldn't want of a day with out one, also a flat top. My X is my least thrown good grip better wear than Pro-D. It has a slight dome to it but not like my ESP. If it were me buying one it would be the FLX, second choice Z third ESP and then X. I have never thrown a Pro-D but know it won't last as in the woods I play in. Because I can hit some trees like you wouldn't believe.

I'd have to disagree with this. I have an Elite-X Buzzz that I can get to fly extremely straight. In fact, I have to throw it at a slight hyzer angle to get it to go flat, and if released flat, it does a nice controlled turnover shot. My point, is that it's already straight enough. Plus, if you get it in Pro-D it will beat up faster and become even less stable.

im kind of curious how you can disagree with ratings that are right on the website?:confused:

I have both FLX and ESP and love both. I don't think you could go wrong with either. But as mentioned above the FLX is flexible which I prefer.

I would love to have one of the cryztal/flx buzzz's I have been looking for one for a while now.

im kind of curious how you can disagree with ratings that are right on the website?:confused:
I don't disagree with the ratings they have posted. I disagree with getting Pro-D plastic because the .5 version is a already very straight disc. The slight fade at the very end doesn't mean that it won't fly straight the majority of its flight path and it's nice to have that little extra stability to keep it from turning over so easy. And like I said, that 0 rating for the pro d is going to get into a negative rating very fast because of how fast that plastic beats in.

I ordered an elite X. If I love it, I'll buy it in a more durable plastic. If I don't, well, I saved a few bucks and I'll spend more time with my roc.

The Pro-D just sounds too fragile. I'm really not a big fan of Z and Champion (too slick for me.) I read some site that said most of the discraft molds were made for Elite X so I'll give it a try.

If its close but no cigar, you may want to consider trying a DGA Shockwave in Proline plastic. More stable than a Buzzz in a plastic that is a mix of Z and X plastic. I find mine quite useful.

I own two Buzzz discs one in elite-Z and the other is FLX. I enjoy them both. The Z plastic is a little more stable and very durable. But there is something about the way the FLX feels in my hand. If I were only going to get one I would probably go with the FLX plastic, but I would strongly recommend the z platic as a reserve disc.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this recommends by vote:

Pro-D 2
Elite X 3
Elite Z 4
ESP 2
FLX 5

No clear winner to me. In light of all the Roc vs Buzzz debates (plus Shark, Skeeter, Coyote, Cobra, etc.), what do Buzzz throwers really consider the staple Buzzz?

I want to try a Buzzz since I am not a huge fan of my 175g DX Rancho Roc that is well beat with several nics ...

Haven't really taken to Champion Plastic. I love my DX Leopard ... so should I give the Buzzz a try in Pro-D or jump to X or Z????

You've already taken the plunge, but I'll chime in anyway.

I always buy premium plastics. Preferably Z/Champion style, although I do like ESP. I recently was in my local pro shop and saw some Buzzz-GTs on the shelf. Out of curiosity, I bought one, despite it being Elite-X plastic. I went back days later and bought the rest of the max weights (they're discontinued so it's now or never, right? I know they're still pretty prevalent, just needed some justification for buying a stack :)). Today I bought the rest of the next weight class down. I love this disc. The plastic makes the disc a little more rigid (even non-GT Buzzz's), which I want out of a midrange. I will agree with A. Mutt that the plastic does accumulate spurs before you've even thrown it, but it just feels like this disc was made for X plastic. I still throw my Z's on occasion, but just don't think they feel as "right" as they used to.

So from someone who prefers premium plastic, Elite-X is the way to go.

*sighs*
sad sad....i feel bad for you being in this situation, but its not my place to intervene...i gotta just sit here and watch you fall and learn how to get back up that way you learn from your mistakes...I'll see you in the roc forums in a couple months...hopefully

*sighs*
sad sad....i feel bad for you being in this situation, but its not my place to intervene...i gotta just sit here and watch you fall and learn how to get back up that way you learn from your mistakes...I'll see you in the roc forums in a couple months...hopefully

In a couple of months there'll be 10 more Roc varieties and inconsistent runs. I have a Buzzz in ESP and it is indeed awesome.

I have a Buzzz in D, X, and Z and i like the feel of the X the best. Would like to get my hands on an ESP one.

Latest posts