• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can Scott Stokely compete in the Open division against McBeth & Wysocki in 2015?

Walked the round with Simon today and also watched Scott play. Speechless. (Took a ton of cool photos too.) :) :)

There's only 25 pro and advanced players in a B-Tier and only 26 in the other divisions? I thought everything was bigger in Texas.

There's only 25 pro and advanced players in a B-Tier and only 26 in the other divisions? I thought everything was bigger in Texas.

A 3-day B-tier. Texas or not, starting a tournament on a Friday can cut down on attendance. Can't imagine being sandwiched between a Texas A-tier last weekend and a Texas A-tier next weekend can help either, not to mention sharing the weekend with two other B/C tier events in state as well.

A 3-day B-tier. Texas or not, starting a tournament on a Friday can cut down on attendance. Can't imagine being sandwiched between a Texas A-tier last weekend and a Texas A-tier next weekend can help either, not to mention sharing the weekend with two other B/C tier events in state as well.

Well, Texas is a pretty big state. We have a couple 3 day tourneys per year here in CO, but they are on holidays that most people have off. Even still, a lot of people struggle to make it.

Ahh, I see. I didn't notice that it was a 3 day tournament. It just looked weird having the #9 guy in the world (as of the end of 2014) in a B-tier that only attracted a total of 25 Open, Masters, and Advanced players.

Ahh, I see. I didn't notice that it was a 3 day tournament. It just looked weird having the #9 guy in the world (as of the end of 2014) in a B-tier that only attracted a total of 25 Open, Masters, and Advanced players.

Most of the top players went to go play in Woodville TX at the Crush Clothes event, but that field was capped pretty small, so most of the top players that played Texas States last weekend that didn't get into that tourney are just taking the week off before playing in the Nick Hyde Memorial in Dallas next weekend, which will have the biggest purse of any TX tourney this year. I think McCray was signed up for the Texas Open as well but must have backed out due to the small field, or for some reason.

And Easter Weekend.

Latest posts