• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Canadian Championship..

I know looking that the pics on this site for Kamloops looks way different than the current setup but was wondering if the pics from Logan Lake are accurate or if that course too was destroyed by the Pine beetles?

If so, is the course more wide open off the tee or no?

Last, I notice all the courses have tall grass on and off the fairways and was wondering if that is what I should expect when playing this summer or will the course be cut/trimmed in designated areas?

Thanks in advance.

JR S

I know looking that the pics on this site for Kamloops looks way different than the current setup but was wondering if the pics from Logan Lake are accurate or if that course too was destroyed by the Pine beetles?

If so, is the course more wide open off the tee or no?

Last, I notice all the courses have tall grass on and off the fairways and was wondering if that is what I should expect when playing this summer or will the course be cut/trimmed in designated areas?

Thanks in advance.

JR S

#1. I personally took those pictures at Logan Lake two summers ago. That's all post pine beetle damage. I did play there this past summer and nothing seemed significantly changed.

#2. I would expect that only the grass around "greens" areas would be cut if it was too long. I wouldn't worry about that too much though as it actually barely even comes into play. Maybe 3 baskets or so.

Registered !

Finally renewed my PDGA and signed up for Kamloops ! Stoked to see some big names on the list !

Struggled for a few minutes debating between playing Grandmaster ( of which I am definately not Master , merely Grand ) or staying with the MA2 which I have been playing .

My 850ish rating would prolly be crushed in either , but I thought about playing with my age group even tho I'm only into my 3rd year playing .

Oh well , I know the brews will taste mighty fine after a couple of rounds in the heat of Kamloops in June !

See you all there , it's gonna be a blast ! :clap:

I've been through that part of the country and man its beautiful! Didn't get to play any golf but i'm sure there's some great land for some really great courses :thmbup:

^ I was just reminded to add this to the thread for everyone after seeing it at the top of the tourney thread again.

We are starting to get some big names registered again! It's nice to see some of the pros make the trip up North each year.

I'll confirm clinic dates/times but I'm assuming it will be Friday afternoon sometime. Time with a pro is really good and McCabe is a great guy.

Now if only there were some actual ratings listed on the list rather than red X's. :\

Update your pdga memberships people. :D

I saw on the event facebook page last night after asking, that the clinics are tentative for around 5:00 on Friday. Definitely interested in checking it out but I have to lock down my travel plans first.

Now if only there were some actual ratings listed on the list rather than red X's. :\

Update your pdga memberships people. :D

Finally pulled the trigger on getting a membership. Won't have a rating, but there'll be a little green check mark by name instead of a red x!

Hey bailey, you're in kamloops, ya? I'd wager I'm not the only one here who'd buy you a beer in June if we got some recent pics up of the courses. :D

What division should I enter? I don't have a pdga membership, is it required to compete in the open/advanced division ?

I see a few people I know in the open and advanced division, I've beaten some of them on a good day on a course I play frequently.

Although I have never played in a tournament and just last year I could only play 2 games a week due to my forearm style... but I've been working on my backhand and its good up to 280ft now and accurate, while my forehand is about 315ft on wooded holes and 350 in an open hole.

I actually get more birdies it seems on 315 foot holes than 200 foot holes. I have never got a 2 on 400+ foot hole though.

What division should I enter?

Dark horse

You can play any you want , I'm sure Will and EMac could use some competition from a local dark horse ! I'll be rooting for you as long as you are not on my card ! And I'm actually a Grandmaster , but I've only played a couple of years so I'm playing intermediate . Hell , if I can ski with kids 20 years younger , I'll throw discs with 'em too !

You don't need a # if it's the only tourney you play , but if you more than 4 , it's worth the savings . Plus the little swag bag that comes with membership .

And it's prolly gonna be the hottest fun I'm gonna have this summer !

Gotta go putt , and fieldwork before our doubles this afternoon :thmbup:

Hey bailey, you're in kamloops, ya? I'd wager I'm not the only one here who'd buy you a beer in June if we got some recent pics up of the courses. :D

Right, thanks for the reminder, I had totally forgot about this. The snow is gone and the courses are really at their prime. I will do my best to get out there and snap a few pictures and try to post them this weekend.

Latest posts