• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cape Coral course & SW FL.

PRkilla

Bogey Member
Saw on my UDISC app. that there's a new course in Cape Coral. Have you played it, and if so how is it?

Are there any plans for more courses in the near future in SW Florida?
Especially for Naples, Bonita or Ft. Myers?

Also, thinking about a mini road trip to play the course in Sebring. How is it?

I haven't heard or seen anything about a new Cape Coral course??? There are rumors of more courses coming, but I haven't heard of anything definite yet. Sebring is ok, but I wouldn't make the trip just to play it. You should play the Port Charlotte and Sarasota courses, if you haven't already.

I may go check out the course in Cape this weekend, I'll let you know how it is...if there is one. Haha.
PC is a great one, I've played it 2 times & need to get up there again. I'm playing North Watertower next month..can't wait.
Would be nice to get a few more down here though!

It's not Bay Oaks, is it? If so, it's at Ft Myers Beach, not Cape Coral, and it's not very good. I agree, we do need more courses down here. The Tampa area has some wonderful courses worthy of several day trips. Orlando has some nice courses also.

No it's not Bay Oaks..I played there last weekend..I liked it! Haha. I found a map online along with a cheat sheet as it's called, since it's not marked too well. On the UDISC app. it shows one in Cape Coral, it's called Sandoval, it's 9 holes. Was est. this year.

How are the 2 courses in Venice? Pinebrook & Bird Bay?

I met a guy a couple months back from PA, and he had 41 courses of him within an hr 1/2! Damn!

Haha, you know your hooked on this wonderful game when your job hunting & checking on here to see how many courses the area has! Haha.
The Tampa area is loaded with courses...wow.

Looks like there's a 9-hole course named "Sandoval" on UDisc.

Attachments

• 2016-04-21 09.00.23.jpg
    2016-04-21 09.00.23.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 16
I wish i knew about this when I was in Ft. Myers last month. I played N. Ft. Myers, Estero, Bonita, and Bay Oaks. Really liked Estero and N. Ft. Myers, Bonita and Bay Oaks were good to bag. would've liked to have bagged this one on the way back south.

It's not Bay Oaks, is it? If so, it's at Ft Myers Beach, not Cape Coral, and it's not very good. I agree, we do need more courses down here. The Tampa area has some wonderful courses worthy of several day trips. Orlando has some nice courses also.

Don't forget the south east coast, when I started playing in 2012 we had 6 courses in the tri-county area (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm) there are now 18!

"PC is a great one"

What is PC?

North Charlotte Regional Park in Port Charlotte (PC). Yes there are good courses on the east coast of Fl too, sadly I haven't played most of them yet, but they are on my wishlist. Have to check out this Cape course. No news at all about it on the SWFDGA Facebook page.

No it's not Bay Oaks..I played there last weekend..I liked it! Haha. I found a map online along with a cheat sheet as it's called, since it's not marked too well. On the UDISC app. it shows one in Cape Coral, it's called Sandoval, it's 9 holes. Was est. this year.

How are the 2 courses in Venice? Pinebrook & Bird Bay?

I met a guy a couple months back from PA, and he had 41 courses of him within an hr 1/2! Damn!

Haha, you know your hooked on this wonderful game when your job hunting & checking on here to see how many courses the area has! Haha.
The Tampa area is loaded with courses...wow.

I will investigate this Sandoval course prob today. Bird Bay is a novelty course, every hole is 100-250' long carved out of dense pepper tree/jungle, though they are rumored to be getting an 18 hole course soon. Bird Bay is ok, as it plays alongside of a short ball golf course. Most holes are of the longer more open variety. You can play with a golf cart and have adult beverages, but it is expensive compared to most dg courses.

Info on Sandoval is starting to come in. Apparently it's a private course in a gated community and may not be accessible to the general public. It's supposed to be a 9 hole pitch&putt anyway. I will still try and play it and find out more about it.

o.k. North Charlotte Regional Park

I have not played that one as the pictures make it look like tight shot after tight shot and lots of places for discs to hide. I don't want to spend part of the day looking for discs.

That being said I put it in my wish list as I am running out of courses within a day trip drive from home.

Will play North Charlotte Regional Park with Estero next time I am on the other coast.

OK. I just got back from playing Sandoval. It's actually called Calypso Park Chip And Putt Disc Golf Course. The 9 holes range in distance from 114' to 187', mostly on the shorter side of that scale. It is set in a gated community, and you need a keycode # to get in. It is NOT open for public play. Check out the course page and my review for further info!

The course page and my review just vanished.:confused:

My bad. Can't list completely private courses on here. If it becomes more publicly accessible, I'll throw it back up. Otherwise, might be best to avoid this one.

thrembo, so you did play it huh? How did access it w/o having the gate code? I was going to check it out this weekend but it sounds like I won't be after all and that sucks!

It's best to play PC with a few people so you can spot each others discs! Or just be very accurate with your throws. But it's a seriously fun course to play.

So Bird Bay you have to pay huh..forget that. Will disc gold become so popular in the near future that they'll start charging at courses? I hope it never comes to that!

thrembo, so you did play it huh? How did access it w/o having the gate code? I was going to check it out this weekend but it sounds like I won't be after all and that sucks!

It's best to play PC with a few people so you can spot each others discs! Or just be very accurate with your throws. But it's a seriously fun course to play.

So Bird Bay you have to pay huh..forget that. Will disc gold become so popular in the near future that they'll start charging at courses? I hope it never comes to that!

I had the gate code. The place seems like they don't like strangers around though.

Lots of courses up north charge to play, but they are way above most Florida courses.

Latest posts