• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses ARE NOT on DGCourseReview? How many extinct courses still listed?

DubsAndDiscs

Since Udisc has been in favor for many DGers lately, especially new ones, it seems DGCR is missing some newer courses and has some listed that no longer exist. I'm a longtime DGCR user and find the resources far easier to use and access than Udisc, especially at home and planning trips. It's disappointing, to say the least, to travel out to play courses that no longer exist, or to find out you missed one that wasn't listed. Last year, travel took me to 3 courses that had been pulled but still listed (one of which was recently removed from DGCR). I also drove past, without realizing of course, 2 others that were newer courses, but not new enough to have not been listed. Since these courses are hundreds of miles away, I don't feel it's my place to be adding courses even though I'd be happy to go to the effort, but should I? As for those pulled - I'm not in the know enough to know the situation, whether it's a permanent thing or not.

I'd hate to see DGCR be lost as a resource in the future - please update any info on courses that need so - thanks.

DGCR & UDisc are pretty synchronized, around here. I can find one private course on Udisc, not on DGCR, and I don't know that story. Our pulled courses are marked on DGCR.

If you get to a course and it appears pulled, or can't be played in its current condition, at the least change the course condition to UNPLAYABLE. You may not know the current or future plans for it, but you can give course baggers a heads up to not make a visit.

Adding new courses is a rarity (there is an Achievement for those), especially if you didn't install the course. It takes some time, but please do if you have enough information available.

If you get to a course and it appears pulled, or can't be played in its current condition, at the least change the course condition to UNPLAYABLE. You may not know the current or future plans for it, but you can give course baggers a heads up to not make a visit.

QFT

the course conditions update is a great, underutilized resource and this is what i do when i'm not sure about the status of a course. i'm super hesitant to go the route of "RIP'ing" a course and i often leave RIP'ed courses in my wish list. if i'm close by enough and the course looks good enough, i'll still go out and see what is there.

also, if it is a private course then i assume it is still there but the owner no longer wants it listed.

I've wondered about this as well. I played a newly installed course last summer that's not listed here. It's about a two hour drive for me so I wasn't sure if I should add it. Also being fairly new here, I wasn't sure if it was my place to add anything.

It's close to one of my favorite courses here in Colorado, so I'll definitely be hitting it again this summer.

I've wondered about this as well. I played a newly installed course last summer that's not listed here. It's about a two hour drive for me so I wasn't sure if I should add it. Also being fairly new here, I wasn't sure if it was my place to add anything.

It's close to one of my favorite courses here in Colorado, so I'll definitely be hitting it again this summer.

This site is for you and by you. You are a part of this community. Please feel free to contribute in every way to can to make it a better place. :thmbup:

Bottom line:
DGCR depends on it's members for the accuracy of course listings, as well as all info, distances, maps, and course pics. That means YOU!

Itys up to every one of us to list courses and update course info. Any of us can do it, but IMHO it's usually best done be locals,because it's simply easier to obtain, verify an update everything about a course when you go there frequently.

Nonetheless, if you have reliable info about a course not in your vicinity (hopefully because you just played it)... by all means, update the site.

If you're reading this, I'm talkin' to YOU.
It ain't rocket surgery. DGCR has always been (and will continue to be) as good/bad, accurate/misleading... as we make it

Last edited:
At the very least mark it as unplayable in the course conditions if you think the course may be gone. It's not permanent, in fact most Courses that are closed for the winter are marked as unplayable. Same for winter only courses on ball golf courses. You can list reasons why you marked it unplayable as well. Win win.

My backyard course is only listed on DGCR. I don't want random people showing up. i'd guess that 500-1000 courses are not on dgcr. most of which i would assume are private. I'd guess 250ish are extinct.

Last edited:
Since Udisc has been in favor for many DGers lately, especially new ones, it seems DGCR is missing some newer courses and has some listed that no longer exist. I'm a longtime DGCR user and find the resources far easier to use and access than Udisc, especially at home and planning trips. It's disappointing, to say the least, to travel out to play courses that no longer exist, or to find out you missed one that wasn't listed. Last year, travel took me to 3 courses that had been pulled but still listed (one of which was recently removed from DGCR). I also drove past, without realizing of course, 2 others that were newer courses, but not new enough to have not been listed. Since these courses are hundreds of miles away, I don't feel it's my place to be adding courses even though I'd be happy to go to the effort, but should I? As for those pulled - I'm not in the know enough to know the situation, whether it's a permanent thing or not.

I'd hate to see DGCR be lost as a resource in the future - please update any info on courses that need so - thanks.

I like extinct courses, you can post if you did play the course before it became extinct. DGCR they have this https://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse.php to help the person find courses.

The rest is a fair point out Newer courses are not on here that are on Udisc, Here I am told some courses do not want to be listed by DGCR as the owners of often private courses to State Park people running a State Park with a semi public course some states or parks having a person just for the course and similar things in that part of the rec do not see DGCR as legit the way Udisc is simply due to NT/PT and PDGA having Udisc as the Official Disc Golf app. However I will agree this website DGCR is well done for finding courses to play in a specific area, where as Udisc from my understanding is more about the internal parts of playing a course, finding baskets etc, maps of the course, how to find tee pads, and tracking the score Via the app, as well as the new feature of distance to basket via tee pad of those who have measured specific courses even though the hole lengths are listed wrong Via Udisc and DGCR due to what the course stuff says. Here the DGCR smartphone app is not nearly as smooth for play from those I have messaged with on DGCR but it works 95% of the time.

This also works both ways. I skipped a good course one time because it was listed on here as unplayable. After I left the area I found out that it was actually currently in great shape (and had been for several months) but no one had bothered to update the course conditions.

This also works both ways. I skipped a good course one time because it was listed on here as unplayable. After I left the area I found out that it was actually currently in great shape (and had been for several months) but no one had bothered to update the course conditions.

There are several RIP'd courses that are still legitimately playable on a limited basis; mostly courses that were RIP'd at the owner's request, often because of the amount of traffic a high rating on DGCR can generate. Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 3 I've played after they were RIP'd.

Problem is, DGCR doesn't distinguish between:
a) courses that legitimately don't exist anymore vs.
b) courses the owner asked Tim to de-list.

If an owner says, "Get my course off your site," I don't see where Tim has any other option. It wouldn't be ethical to have any sort of other categorization that's gonna funnel traffic to the course. :\

Last edited:
I update course conditions on just about every course I play, and appreciate others who do the same. I'll be sure to take pictures and add this new course when I'm there again.

As an FYI to those in the Silverthorne Colorado area, this is the course I'm talking about, and the website where I found out about it:

Colorado's newest disc golf course

It's a smaller course suitable for beginners or casual play. We played it as a warmup before heading to Lake Dillon DGC.

We have a new course in the area, that the course designer doesn't want listed anywhere until the 2nd set of teepads goes in this year. The reason being, he doesn't want people rating the course until its completely done.

We have a new course in the area, that the course designer doesn't want listed anywhere until the 2nd set of teepads goes in this year. The reason being, he doesn't want people rating the course until its completely done.

TimG can set up the listing but disable the ability to write reviews.

example... Johnson Hills Park

This is a more common concern than some might realize. My father and I designed a course in our county last year, and I hadn't listed it when the baskets went in, because there were some major league maintenance issues I needed to take care of.

Mainly, I didn't want people judging the course as un-maintained or overgrown when it was never maintained or shaped up in the first place. And we know somebody will. There's always "that guy". You know, the one that's never attended a workday in his life but is happy to tell you what "they" need to do. :D

Unfortunately, an out of towner from a nearby community listed it without asking, but luckily nobody got around to rating it until the biggest issues were taken care of. But, it's still a legit concern that could cause a course to be unlisted.

Edit: TIL that you can disable reviews by asking Tim. Thanks for that info, InnocentCrook. I had no idea. I doubt I'll design any more courses (this area is extremely rural) but you never know. Cool.

As innocent stated, timg will disable the review function if asked. I have personally done so. He will also archive old reviews if asked if significant changes have occurred.