• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carrying bag or cart: Which is more physically demanding?

Which is more physically demanding?

• Carrying bag

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • Towing a cart?

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters
My thing, and I'm sure I've posted something similar before, is this:

Used a backpack for years. All my buddies were like, "Come on, old man. You need a cart. It's only a matter of time..." I eventually caved and got the Transit.

Once - once, Johnny! - in the early goings of having the thing, I was headed to Renaissance Grey for a round with one of those buddies. I had asked him if he considered it cart-friendly, and he said, "Absolutley not." So I got to the parking lot, switched everything to my E2 bag, and slung it on.

I got to the first tee, and he's standing there with his cart. And honest to god, my shoulders were already feeling the backpack. I looked him up and down disdainfully, like, "Et tu, Brute?" and walked straight back to my car to fill up the cart. Made him wait a bit, too.

Now, it can be said that there are cart-friendly courses, and the not-so. For me, I use the cart everywhere. Haven't used my bag since. I never pull with my throwing arm, and like others have said, try to alternate between pushing and pulling. Bugs? Mud? No benches? No worries, on any of that. And while I don't sit a lot on the thing, I do rest a knee on it just about any time I stop. It sets up the perfect attitude-lean, you know, one arm propped on the handle, and one leg up. Cigarette burning, beer in hand etc. We older guys just know how to Do It...

Was that a Johnny Dangerously reference in there? :ROFLMAO: I applaud your craftiness.

Which one of you fargin bastages carries their cart?!

Was that a Johnny Dangerously reference in there? :ROFLMAO: I applaud your craftiness.
Why, yes. Yes it was. I throw the applause back in your general direction for knowing the reference. (I fargin' love that movie. "It's an .88 Magnum. This thing shoots through schools.")

If you have 5 discs and a water bottle, you don't need anything too weighty, like a large bag. I've played over 30 years, finally bought a bag during covid when I literally couldn't quit buying discs like I owned a DG shop.

I only have a bag. I am debating a cart, not because carrying the bag is a hardship, but because I would like to be able to have more discs with me to choose from. I guess the more discs I own, the more I would like to be able to have with me in case I want to throw them. Also, even though I rarely use the few scattered benches, every now and then, a seat anywhere I want one might be nice.