• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carts – future or fad

No but I have seen Commander bags get stuck in some backpack carts to the point they are very hard to get out. Also some people from what I have read on this website have a hard time accessing the side pockets on the Commander to the Backpack cart.

That's the reason I said I'm looking at the EZ cart, instead of the backpack cart lol.

I have a camping stool, so the issue isn't somewhere to sit. It's mainly to help my knee and back. My bad knee is my left knee, which also happens to be my plant leg on BH drives. Towards the end of rounds Backhanded start to become cumbersome so... If I can save that I might be a bit better off.

FYI.... If you get the EZ you will probably want to invest in fenders. I've seen some nice bags damaged from the side pockets or bottle holders rubbing on the wheels. Even if your bag doesn't rub the wheels will sling water, mud, etc. all over the sides of your bag.

I haven't checked out the MVP cart that is similar to the EZ but it might keep the bag away from the wheels better.

That's the reason I said I'm looking at the EZ cart, instead of the backpack cart lol.

I have a camping stool, so the issue isn't somewhere to sit. It's mainly to help my knee and back. My bad knee is my left knee, which also happens to be my plant leg on BH drives. Towards the end of rounds Backhanded start to become cumbersome so... If I can save that I might be a bit better off.

I agree that a seat is not necessary. I have an attached seat to my disc golf backpack, as I tended to forget my seat when playing having to go back to the last basket to get it leaving the seat by the basket.

The backpack I use, Athletico Disc Golf backpack I added the Seat from my Vertex Angler Backpack to as the Vertex backpack started failing in 2019 and only had the Vertex set up since mid 2017. I had the Athetico backpack since 2018 when the Athletico Disc Golf Backpack first came out, finally finding a backpack that was in the configuration I needed as I knew the Vertex backpack was not going to last not being designed for disc golf. Odd the Vertex backpack is heaver then the Athletico backpack yet the Athletico backpack can hold more discs and extra stuff even with the seat added.

I pick up/set mine down two to three times.YMMV. Even if more, it doesn't justify just how miserable it is to drag a cart around. I am honestly stunned so many people put themselves through that. I was absolutely hating disc golf when i used one.

I see you've posted a few times now about how miserable it was to drag a cart around. What brand was it? It sounds terrible and I want to avoid that one.

I see you've posted a few times now about how miserable it was to drag a cart around. What brand was it? It sounds terrible and I want to avoid that one.

He could have a very long leg length that makes it hard for him to walk with a cart and not be clipping the cart with every single step.

I haven’t checked out the MVP cart that is similar to the EZ but it might keep the bag away from the wheels better.

Not sure a Commander bag will fit on a MVP cart for cHildebrandt. The Commander is kind of a wide bag. He might have to get the EZ cart adding fenders to the cart as the EZ cart was basically made for Commander bags.

Not sure a Commander bag will fit on a MVP cart for cHildebrandt. The Commander is kind of a wide bag. He might have to get the EZ cart adding fenders to the cart as the EZ cart was basically made for Commander bags.

Well now you had me curious. I know the commander bag will fit in my backpack cart. My cart is 16" wide where the bag goes. According to MVP, the width of the Rover where the bag fits is 15.75".

I wouldn't think a quarter inch would be a deal breaker for putting the commander on the MVP cart.

With the way the MVP is made it looks like interference between the bag and the wheels shouldn't be an issue even without fenders.

Not that I'm pushing any MVP products but it is nice that there are starting to be more choices these days.

Well now you had me curious. I know the commander bag will fit in my backpack cart. My cart is 16” wide where the bag goes. According to MVP, the width of the Rover where the bag fits is 15.75”.

I wouldn’t think a quarter inch would be a deal breaker for putting the commander on the MVP cart.

With the way the MVP is made it looks like interference between the bag and the wheels shouldn’t be an issue even without fenders.

Not that I’m pushing any MVP products but it is nice that there are starting to be more choices these days.

It is better then when I Started as the only premade Choice was the Gotta Go Gotta Throw cart, not that the cart was bad but it did have its limitations due to its size or how low the clearance was on the cart. One would think a smaller box style cart you sit on would have been made by a disc golf company at the time, other items that were like tool boxes with wheels or specific models of square coolers with wheels were used in this exact manner.

The only time I've ever been miserable using my OG Ridge Roller is on super hilly/heavily staired courses. (and that one time I got a flat just before my tee time on a tournament)

Not having to heft a bag all the time and having a place to sit outweighs any of the negatives that I keep hearing.

The only time I've ever been miserable using my OG Ridge Roller is on super hilly/heavily staired courses. (and that one time I got a flat just before my tee time on a tournament)

Not having to heft a bag all the time and having a place to sit outweighs any of the negatives that I keep hearing.

Did you switch to solid or foam filled tiers after the flat?

It was homemade, but I have dragged Zucas around a bit. All pull carts are miserable.

Something must have been wrong with your set up, because a properly loaded/balanced cart (Original Zuca in my case) can be pulled with 1 finger. If there is tough terrain like big rocks, etc, I just grab the handle in the seat and carry it. Literally from the first time I pulled my Zuca it was a game changer. Shoulder/arms never fatigue on the course anymore.

Something must have been wrong with your set up, because a properly loaded/balanced cart (Original Zuca in my case) can be pulled with 1 finger. If there is tough terrain like big rocks, etc, I just grab the handle in the seat and carry it. Literally from the first time I pulled my Zuca it was a game changer. Shoulder/arms never fatigue on the course anymore.

Don't know what to say. I simply hate dragging a cart. I could possibly push one, but I'll quit before I pull.

There are courses I play where you'd be carrying it the entire 27 holes of up and down hill travel ;)

I don't have a cart at the moment, I want one for longer (flatter) courses, but I think you're stuck having both if you every play anything that doesn't really resemble a ball golf course.

There are courses I play where you'd be carrying it the entire 27 holes of up and down hill travel ;)

I don't have a cart at the moment, I want one for longer (flatter) courses, but I think you're stuck having both if you every play anything that doesn't really resemble a ball golf course.

I agree if you live somewhere that disc golf courses are both flat and hilly. I do not but I play thanks to a family reunion a course that is a bit rooted in a few woods holes and can be muddy in parts so a cart is not the best for the course. I see people using carts but more a modified golf cart by removing the straps to hold a golf bag but most use the kind with seat over the one wheel with wide wheels to solve the low clearance issue and the mud issue as well. This not just a price thing with the carts as one local person I saw at a league had a modified Zuca backpack cart with larger 20 inch tiers and 2 pieces of angle iron so cart will work and have more ground clearance.

Last edited:

Latest posts