• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

Nice. Same here. I love my Panasonics for camcorders, especially for the way we use them, in which I mean filming fun rounds so everyone eventually HAS to film. Having a camcorder that everyone can use without much effort is a big plus, and it's plenty powerful and has tons of great features when you want to get into it.

To edit I use Adobe Premiere (cloud subscription). I also mess around in After Effects, but I suck at that. I probably suck at Premiere too, but I'm fast at what I know how to do.

Loving the switch to Premiere this year. Always loved Adobe products, never thought about them for video. Incredible software.

I edit on my laptop. More RAM the better (14gb), graphics card is a plus, and a fast processor.

How fast is the processor?

If you have any other specific questions, just ask! :hfive:

All the best,

Ian

I did ask! Thanks as always Ian. Big fan. And don't think I've forgotten about my shout-outs on the occasional anti-lefty holes :)

Ian, you are my hero. You're like the Chick Hearn of Disc Golf, and he was my biggest hero as a Laker fan growing up in LA in the 80s. Of course, the players are amazing and I love watching them, but a lot of the entertainment value in watching DG comes from the commentating and production value. It's like if Dick Stockton and Tommy Heinson were commentating the Laker game, I would turn Chick on the radio with a second delay, just to get Chick. (Ok maybe that had something to do with the fact Dick and Tommy were the enemy i.e. former Celtics, but Chick was also a lot better commentator). Same thing with you. I can watch footage of DG from other people, but it just isn't the same.

Now all you need is to develop more catchy phrases and sayings (and find a way to make a living doing it). Chick invented terms like "Slam Dunk", "Airball", "In the refrigerator", "Dribble Drive", "The Mustard is off the Hot Dog", etc. (See http://www.abbaroo.com/lakers/chick.html). Disc Golf has a lot of awesome phrases, some of which I heard first on your show. My favorite being "Handicapped Parked". I also like that you are modest, and give your wife a lot of credit for letting you have this second job, that you don't get paid for except in appreciation, ala Chick's Marge.

Anyway, I gotta stop with this sappy bro-love. But you really got this down, and a lot of people appreciate it. Keep up the great work.

Nice. Same here. I love my Panasonics for camcorders, especially for the way we use them, in which I mean filming fun rounds so everyone eventually HAS to film. Having a camcorder that everyone can use without much effort is a big plus, and it's plenty powerful and has tons of great features when you want to get into it.

Loving the switch to Premiere this year. Always loved Adobe products, never thought about them for video. Incredible software.

How fast is the processor?

I did ask! Thanks as always Ian. Big fan. And don't think I've forgotten about my shout-outs on the occasional anti-lefty holes :)

You brought up another point about camcorders. I can give them to anyone, and with 2 minutes of explanation, they can shoot decent video.

I think 2.4ghz? I really want a new laptop.

Haha np! I'll try to keep em coming.

Ian, you are my hero. You're like the Chick Hearn of Disc Golf, and he was my biggest hero as a Laker fan growing up in LA in the 80s. Of course, the players are amazing and I love watching them, but a lot of the entertainment value in watching DG comes from the commentating and production value. It's like if Dick Stockton and Tommy Heinson were commentating the Laker game, I would turn Chick on the radio with a second delay, just to get Chick. (Ok maybe that had something to do with the fact Dick and Tommy were the enemy i.e. former Celtics, but Chick was also a lot better commentator). Same thing with you. I can watch footage of DG from other people, but it just isn't the same.

Now all you need is to develop more catchy phrases and sayings (and find a way to make a living doing it). Chick invented terms like "Slam Dunk", "Airball", "In the refrigerator", "Dribble Drive", "The Mustard is off the Hot Dog", etc. (See http://www.abbaroo.com/lakers/chick.html). Disc Golf has a lot of awesome phrases, some of which I heard first on your show. My favorite being "Handicapped Parked". I also like that you are modest, and give your wife a lot of credit for letting you have this second job, that you don't get paid for except in appreciation, ala Chick's Marge.

Anyway, I gotta stop with this sappy bro-love. But you really got this down, and a lot of people appreciate it. Keep up the great work.

Thanks man! Comments like this are my fuel for keeping at it :hfive:

I'm working on the catch phrases! We've definitely got some though.

My wife is amazing for putting up with this ****, she deserves all the credit in the world!

You are right. I just wish he was more computer saavy! Would have him on Skype, but he's got no way to make it happen.

I finished most of the edit for Worlds round 6 part 2. Just need to add scores and commentary.

We've also got another podcast lined up for this weekend. We're having Sexton on. Any questions for him?

Last edited:
We've also got another podcast lined up for this weekend. We're having Sexton on. Any questions for him?

I ran into your mom & dad last year at McCormick practicing for 2014 worlds (mom won FPS, dad caddied). Your brother is 1000 rated. How'd this family interest and proficiency in DG evolve?

Now that he is almost done with his first season of full time touring, how does he feel about it? Is the lifestyle for him or does he want to get back to his wife? Is he interested in doing the road warrior gig again in 2016?

RMDGC Round 1 Part 1 no commentary DGCR sneak peak. Working on Part 2 now. I've got Chrisitan Dietrich lined up for the commentary versions. That should be an absolute treat. Amazing course knowledge, and a really nice, articulate, and hilarious guy!

And disc info for you guys! Wasn't able to track down Joey yet, but I'll work on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhXhZ8GoTM

You should open a 2nd Patreon account for your wife! She is the saint for disc golf addictions.

lol too true!

How about a CCDG update?

Here we go:

Rocky Mountain DGC - I'm editing this at a pretty good clip. 9 holes per week or two. Should have stuff up guessing next week.

West Coast Disc Golf championships 3rd round - Done, just need to find time to do commentary with Derek. Hopefully this week?

San Francisco Safari - Cory has been hard at work, and has both rounds edited. I just need to add scores and commentary.

Oregon - DGC - I had someone step up and wants to edit this pronto, so it should be out sooner than later.

Coyote Classic - I'm filming that this weekend (along with BenFTS i think?) Paavo said he may go too, we'll see. Love this course and tourney. Giant party.

Baskets and Barrels - next weekend I'm filming this. It's a smaller tourney on the CA Central Coast. Two courses, one on a winery, one at my old home course, which is a total hidden gem. Super stoked for this.

Still have Worlds round and BSF rounds that need editing too... Huge backlog as usual, but at least we'll have vids all through the winter when no tourneys are going down.

As always thanks for watching, and a special huge thanks to our Patreon subs!

-Ian

RMDGC Round 1 Part 1 no commentary DGCR sneak peak. Working on Part 2 now. I've got Chrisitan Dietrich lined up for the commentary versions. That should be an absolute treat. Amazing course knowledge, and a really nice, articulate, and hilarious guy!

And disc info for you guys! Wasn't able to track down Joey yet, but I'll work on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhXhZ8GoTM

Saweet, looking forward to the finished product!

Any more long-form AMA's in the works? I swear I remember you guys talking about one with Barsby at one point (which would be amazing btw).

Any more long-form AMA's in the works? I swear I remember you guys talking about one with Barsby at one point (which would be amazing btw).

I did one with Barsby at Worlds, but he wasn't happy with how he came off (just had a not awesome day on the course). I might edit it when I have some time, and see if he's ok posting it. I've also talked to Will about doing one, and I'll try to get it done next time I see him.

We're also doing one with Innova CEO Dave Dunipace. Just trying to find time for him and Derek to meet to make it happen.

Anyone else you guys are interested in seeing one from? Preferably someone somewhere on the West Coast, or that goes to tourneys we do. I really wanna do one with Uli after filming him so much at Worlds. That dude is funny and has an awesome attitude. Actually I just remembered I asked him already, and he was down. So I'll get that one done next time I see him.

Anyone else you guys are interested in seeing one from? Preferably someone somewhere on the West Coast, or that goes to tourneys we do.
Just off the top of my head... all of these guys seem like they have a unique personality/reputation/legacy that has taken hold with the community and made them a true disc golf 'character:'

Dave D (great idea)

The folks who own and/or invent new molds at Discraft.

Feldberg

Will

Uli

NIKKO

Climo

MJ

Doss

Cale

Jussi

Rico(s)

Latest posts