• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Chalupa's ITB

Chalupa

I have been a long time lurker of these forums and figured it was time to post my ITB.

Let's start with a little about me.

I'm 34 years old and playing a lot of disc golf in my late teens and early twenties. I stopped playing for 8+ years but rediscovered my love for the sport a few years ago. This year I got a new job that opened up a lot more time to play disc golf so I plan to get a PDGA membership and play in multiple events this year. My goal is to fine tune my bag so I'm best equipped for my first year playing in tournaments.

The bag I'm using is an Upper Park Shift (2022v) which comfortably carries 18 discs. I max out around 400ft backhand and 350ft forehand. My strongest part of my game is my putting and forehand shot placement up to 300ft.

Without further ado, here's my setup as of 4/27/2022:

Putt & Approach:
2 Reko K3 - Putting
1 Berg K1 Soft - Approaches, upshots, and headwind putts
1 Reko K3 - Beat in for turnovers and hyzerflips
1 Reko K1 Glow - Primary driving putter
1 Zone CryZtal FLX - Hyzer shots, flex shots, and Zone things

Midranges:
1 Buzzz ESP FLX - 15+ years old and flies 5/4/-3/1
1 Buzzz ESP - Fresh Buzzz for workhorse midrange duties
1 Buzzz Sparkle Z - Very stable for a Buzzz. Handles headwinds and big hyzer shots for me

Fairway Drivers:
1 Essence Neo - hyzerflip shots in the woods or long standstill shots.
1 Teebird3 Champion Glow - The straightest disc in my bag and my workhorse.
1 Teebird3 Metal Flake - A notch or two more stable than my beat in Champion Glow T3.
1 Firebird Champion Glow - Hyzerflip forehands, swooping hyzer backhands.
1 Firebird Champion - FAF run for utility shots

Distance Drivers:
1 Wraith Star - I haven't thrown this disc yet. I want something more on the flippy spectrum for Wraiths though.
1 Wraith Halo Star - My go to headwind distance driver and flex forehand shots.
1 Enigma Neo - This is my bomber disc for forehand and backhands.

This has been my bag for the past 3 weeks. I have a few discs I cycle in and out depending on my mood which are: Star Thunderbird, First Flight Quake, and a few different distance drivers that I try from time to time. I'm curious what slots you think I'm missing and what discs I should try in those slots.

Thanks for taking your time to read about my ITB.

If I showed up for a tournament and didn't have any discs and you loaned me that bag I think I could do about as well as I could with my bag. Fairly well rounded setup.

That's a solid bag. Welcome fellow Berg Thrower

I appreciate the kind words. The Berg is one of the newest additions to my bag but it's quickly taken a lot of shots away from my Zone. I completely understand the hype now.

If I showed up for a tournament and didn't have any discs and you loaned me that bag I think I could do about as well as I could with my bag. Fairly well rounded setup.

I can't think of a much better compliment for someone's bag than that. Thank you!

Latest posts