• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion XCaliber

sidewinding

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Does anyone know if there is a champion xcaliber fundraiser disc out there somewhere? I cannot throw star plastic but I really want an xcaliber.

question

this is somewhat off topic but why can't you throw star plastic?

this is somewhat off topic but why can't you throw star plastic?

I like the consistent rip I get with champion plastic. Star plastic seems to slip before the rip and I lose distance and accuracy. It's probably 90% mental but I just don't like it.

It seems like they are trying to phase out the champion stuff and force everyone to buy star or DX. I love Innova but if they quit making champion discs I'll have to jump ship.

i noticed the slip with my star roadrunner - never had the issue with my tiedyed tbird - maybe after the RR gets a little more use it will lose the slip - if you cant find you're favorite Innova disc in Champion try elite Z plastic from Discraft - most of their models mirror Innova's & Z is basically the same as Champion - clearish and very durable - also i never had any slippage issues with FLX or ESP

Innova released the Monarch in Champion only so the plastic should be around a while longer (I think) it'd be dumb for them to get rid of their best selling premium plastic. for which their biggest competitor has an equal substitute -- a lot of people would just get a comparable disc in Z plastic rather than go for more expensive star.

Latest posts