• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

While teaching middle school P.E. (which was the longest four years of my life) I had a t-shirt which read "Eat Spam". And when I was asked to sign their yearbooks at the end of the year and having absolutely nothing brilliant to say, I would usually just write, "Eat Spam". When I was asked why, I told them I was a national spokesman for Spam. And yeah, they bought it!

I appreciate the context the backstory provides.

From an (older,) all-around pithy review of Beaver Brook from MrFrosty I stumbled upon today: "You should be shooting for deuces on every hole. If you shoot a 4, you will want to stand in their pond with a string of hanging campground lights in your hand and electrocute yourself."

While the review is a few years old at this point, hers another of TVK's contributions, from his review of Jet Stream.
Granted, that guide would have to be Katie Perry, buck naked, in order to coax a 5.0 rating out of me. Wait, did those previous reviewers have a naked Katie Perry as their local guide?

opened the newest drop of a horsman review

first thing in the cons section was horsman ripping on the teepads

classic

It's even the review title. That man hates non concrete tees. :D

In his defense though, he started playing disc golf at Abendschein Park in Oak Creek WI. I grew up and graduated high school in the city just west of there, Franklin. I've played many a round at Abendschein, and those tees are atrocious. Not even sure what they're supposed to be used for, but it's certainly not tee pads. They even put the same material the tees are made of around the baskets for some reason. I'm almost 650 courses in now and that's the only course I've ever seen this. It's not great. You should check that park out when you're down there.

Oh yeah...those plastic grate things are horrendous. I have often wondered how many ACL's went to die on them.

Also, re: Sandy Knoll's tees

They're some of the best turf pads I've played on anywhere. That dude is just looking for a reason to complain. Always. I live right by that course, play it a ton, and have NEVER thought the fronts of the pads are worn away. Literally, not once.

Last edited:
From the pros of a rural high school course review:

Uses the available land the school has and turns it into a course. It uses all of the baseball fields, buildings, and trees as objects. Hole 3 is awesome. You have to throw around or over the baseball field.

One man's pro is another man's con I guess!