• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Climo withdraws from Worlds due to injury

He didn't drop out last week, so this injury must have happened yesterday or today right?

Any inside info? Disc elbow? Twisted ankle at the practice basket? I'm sure he wants a 13x

In 1988 Johnny Sias dropped out of the Worlds in the middle of the event, in protest.
Had something to do with some players getting to redo some holes because of darkness the night before.

Not saying Climo is doing anything like that, I have no idea.

from the clash dvd team over on facebook:

The CLASH TEAM would like to say SORRY CHAMP, hope your arm gets to feeling better! Ken Climo is OUT of the 2011 WORLDS!!! WHAT A SHAME:(

this is like superman bein all "im not bout to kick some evil ass." what gives? he must be in a body cast er somethin..

I feel sad for Ken, and also for whomever wins this year, because he will always wonder if he would have won with Ken in the competition. He'll always feel like his 1x is a 1x*.

Elbow tendonitis.

He didn't play Beaver State Fling due to same injury. He was caddying for Feldberg instead.

Elbow tendonitis.

He didn't play Beaver State Fling due to same injury. He was caddying for Feldberg instead.

Elbow tendonitis is no joke. I tried the fork grip for 3 days over one week and it gave me a severe case. I was out for 5 weeks until I got a cortisone shot. It's been 2 weeks since and now I'm just getting back. Inflamed tendons are slooooow to heal.

Bummer...I was looking forward to watching the champ live finally. I guess I'll have more time to try and chat with him about technique, and get a few discs autographed for my daughter. :)

Tim S.

between no worlds and no usdgc, good thing innova is the label that pays him. based on last year's numbers, he's out of 1975 dollars minus expenses for not playing those two events. and playing in beaver state fling it's 2565.

Last edited:
DSC01571.jpg

Latest posts