• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Closest shipping disc to 11x CAL TB

Thanks for the advice...not looking for a shorter Teebird..if anything a little bit longer with the same power. I don't like the wider rimmed discs and I use my Teebird as my go to distance driver. I can get my beat TB out to 375-400 on a good day but I rarely get a wide rimmed disc that far.

On a previous recommendation for a longer TB, I tried out a C-PD and I'm not sure if it was just that disc, but that thing was an absolute meat hook for me.

I hesitate to spend 18 bucks on the flat champ Teebird, but I guess that's a lot cheaper than a 11x. Maybe I'll just be patient and wait for the new champ plastic to be on regular champ TB instead of just the Totems.

Thanks for the advice...not looking for a shorter Teebird..if anything a little bit longer with the same power. I don't like the wider rimmed discs and I use my Teebird as my go to distance driver. I can get my beat TB out to 375-400 on a good day but I rarely get a wide rimmed disc that far.

On a previous recommendation for a longer TB, I tried out a C-PD and I'm not sure if it was just that disc, but that thing was an absolute meat hook for me.

I hesitate to spend 18 bucks on the flat champ Teebird, but I guess that's a lot cheaper than a 11x. Maybe I'll just be patient and wait for the new champ plastic to be on regular champ TB instead of just the Totems.

If not shorter go longer, BioFuzion Escape from DD/Lat64

If not shorter go longer, BioFuzion Escape from DD/Lat64

I have the Escape 172g First Run Lucid Yellow that flies great. It is a lot longer for me then my TB's, almost a speed 10 to me. It handles the wind well and flies stable. I have also tried S and C line PD's and didn't like them.

Could be worth a try for you.

you people must be finding some beefy ass FD and Rivers out there and even if there are i don't think that's something that will continually happen so to me it doesn't make much sense to recommend a freak run of discs that's not the norm.

if you want something with the same amount of stability and flight type a beat in banshee is very close to my 11x CAL Tbird but it's not going to have the same glide a tbird has and will be a bit shorter. my suggestion would be getting a S-PD or getting a predator and beating it in a crap ton.

What you want is an Orc, 168g to 170ish. The ones with just a slight dome usually beat into straight nuts stable goodness. Usually bigger dome= more OS and flatter= more US. Plus, the older run pearly Orcs are fairly cheap(18-22 bux) and will have that nice 11x feel. I've got a newer run Champ Orc that is an incredible disc, I can work any line I want with it out to and past 400'. Orcs have the glide of a TB, despite the faster speed. They bomb.

That said, the 11x CAL TB I'm throwing right now is probably the best driver I've ever thrown. Amazing disc, wish I had 5 of em...

The pinnacle rival is everything the tee bird was described to be. I had a tee bird that just want working and bought a rival, its what I thought the tee bird would have been

Anyone have suggestions on new discs that have similar flight characteristics and plastic feel to 11x CAL teebird? Haven't seen or thrown one of the totem TBs yet so maybe that is the answer but previous 12x were not. I've stuck to a small number of molds and manufacturers to this point. Any lat, Westside, legacy, MVP, etc disc that may fit the bill?

tia

My stiff rivals feel nothing like the softer 11x TBs I've owned. I do like them but need an eagle-x for windy days.

I thought the new champ plastic was supposed to be a little gummier, if so maybe try a new run TB.

Edit: also look at vibram's ascent for similar flight and softer feel

Last edited:
I've never thrown an 11x TB before, but I'm anxiously awaiting the Westside Stag that's supposed to be released at the beginning of March. It sounds like it's supposed to be a little faster and a little more overstable than my TB's, so hopefully that's what is going to be on it's way soon!

11X CAL TeeBirds are one of the most desirable discs out there. I think a big part of this is because there aren't many other options that are identical to the majority of throwers. So...What does your 11X CAL fly like when YOU throw it? What does it feel like? That will help make suggestions more appropriate. Some of these are just silly.

Last edited:
Anyone have suggestions on new discs that have similar flight characteristics and plastic feel to 11x CAL teebird? Haven't seen or thrown one of the totem TBs yet so maybe that is the answer but previous 12x were not. I've stuck to a small number of molds and manufacturers to this point. Any lat, Westside, legacy, MVP, etc disc that may fit the bill?

tia

C-PD if anyone hasn't said it yet

you people must be finding some beefy ass FD and Rivers out there and even if there are i don't think that's something that will continually happen so to me it doesn't make much sense to recommend a freak run of discs that's not the norm.

if you want something with the same amount of stability and flight type a beat in banshee is very close to my 11x CAL Tbird but it's not going to have the same glide a tbird has and will be a bit shorter. my suggestion would be getting a S-PD or getting a predator and beating it in a crap ton.

yeah i think people forget that most 11x teebirds have been thrown and seasoned quite a bit. what they are throwing now is nothing like a fresh one... so the suggestions for fresh rivers and fds start happening, not taking into account 5 years from now those rivers and fds will fly nothing like their 5+ year old teebird

If the Cpd hooked too much, then the S PD could be your slightly longer disc...

I would also say a Stalker flies similar to a TB, I carry mine for dead straight shots.

It all comes down to what you want the disc to do. Do you want it to be a strong left turning disc, a slight left turning disc, a straight disc, or a slight right turning disc?

I think their are different types of 11x TB's out there doing different things based on their seasoning. Jrawk had it right, just because it says KC PRO 11X does not mean it will fly like an original new disc.

I personally like my Rival for more slight left turning duties and strong hyzer shots where I need the disc to travel straight LSS and fade HSS. I use my stalker for more of a straight LSS to slight or no fade HSS. You can also use a heavy GL River 175+ to be similar in flight as well if you like more glide.

But nothing will be exactly the same.

So I got my hands on a first run Legacy Rival today. Before throwing it, I was impressed by the plastic. A little gummy and good grip. Edge had a little more flashing than I would expect but not too bad. Throws were in a 10-15 mph wind from multiple angles). Definitely does not have stability of a 11x CAL or even 12x champ TB, but very easy to throw for accurate drives and the D was nice. This will fill a spot in my bag of a slightly beat TB(which I needed).

Based on what was in the store, all of the Rivals were very flat so not sure if there are domier more stable ones out there.

Definitely does not have stability of a 11x CAL or even 12x champ TB, but very easy to throw for accurate drives and the D was nice.

What was the weight and color?

I had a 171g Blue and it was closer to a Eagle then a TB and was very similar to what you describe.

I traded it in and got a 174g Peach and it was closer to a TB.

Latest posts