• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CommunityDiscs.com

Is one of those new directions adding Legacy to your lineup? :D
Absolutely not. What fun would it be if I didn't leave you wanting something ;) No, there's going to be more clothing and non-disc items as well as site design & content changes.

But as I've told Legacy, if they can share some sort of sales data to convince me they are a good investment and any sort of no-fault return policy then I'd be happy to try them out. The last thing I need is another brand - especially one I hear does not have a consistent top quality. It's different if people are banging down my door for a brand like when Prodigy was just coming online but anything less than that, I'll have to wait for them to be in the top 5 MFG's. A survey question I sent out last year about MFG's asked which (in a list) players have in their bag. Legacy had something like 4%. That's not even worth considering.

A survey question I sent out last year about MFG's asked which (in a list) players have in their bag. Legacy had something like 4%. That's not even worth considering.

That's disappointing, and I fully understand. :(

I think I was in that 4%.

But you carry Aerobie??? What is the percentage of bags that company is in?

I'll have to dig up the results from that MFG-in-the-bag question.

But you carry Aerobie??? What is the percentage of bags that company is in?
WEll for Aerobie it's only the Epic and no one's banging down the door for an Arrow ;) But adding something like Legacy we're looking at 8 or 9 models in 3 or 4 plastics. That's a lot of cash to start off with.

I'll have to dig up the results from that MFG-in-the-bag question.

WEll for Aerobie it's only the Epic and no one's banging down the door for an Arrow ;) But adding something like Legacy we're looking at 8 or 9 models in 3 or 4 plastics. That's a lot of cash to start off with.

:) Thanks for the reply. I was only razzing you.

Keep up the good work. What you do can't be easy.

FYI, I really want to try out a patriot and I went to your site first to find some legacy. I can understand the risk involved in stocking their plastic if there is not a demand for their product, but I believe that their solid lineup is gaining some traction with a large population of players. It would be interesting to see the numbers if you do another poll soon (which I think you should).

Also, I have been pumping your tires here on Vancouver Island, I hope you are seeing some business from some of my local players. We appreciate your affordable shipping.

Wow, thanks for all the great comments guys. I wish I wasn't so far behind or I would comment on each one. I can feel the love and I appreciate the well stated cases for Legacy.

Will you be getting any additional prodigy discs in 350G/750.
Prodigy's been releasing something new every week or two so I've been doing a lot of little Prodigy restocks. Currently the PA3 is the only 350G disc and I've got everything in 750. That plastic is nice. It's the hardest I've seen yet. I'd love to see Steve Dodge (Vibram) do a concrete wall durability test with those. I'm sure they'd hold up better than any other plastic out there.

Here's a sample of that poll I talked about the other day. You can see the percentages at the bottom of the image. I'm sure the Community fanbase skewed things a bit (or a lot!) in favor of MVP but I think this is pretty accurate across players in the US. I've been trying to find some cash all year to order up a couple hundred Gateway discs and this chart is REALLY reminding me about that right now :)

DECEMBER 2014:
mfg-in-bag.png

I did order some more XL-Soft discs the other day (and they're here but just not opened yet). They were out of Ascents though. Of course I hope you find some you like someplace ;(

Well damn. I guess I'll have to order something else from your fine establishment. ;)

I've been trying to find some cash all year to order up a couple hundred Gateway discs and this chart is REALLY reminding me about that right now :)

Good to hear. I was looking for some chiefs and shamans when I was searching for some legacy on your site as well. I hope you choose to stock some.

I am also glad that you have gift certificates, as my fiancee asked what I want for christmas and I sent her a link to your site. She was oblivious to the fact one can purchase GC's to online disc stores. I wish I would have informed her of this 5 years ago.

Howdy Justin!

I was just curious to know if you had any knowledge of MVPs forthcoming release of baseline putters, and a plan of attack for handling it if you do get some in stock.

Thanks!

- Ray

Of course Justin is going to get down with the goods! I imagine they will sell out quickly though, specially the new baseline putters :D

That's why I'm asking now - to prep a plan to get ahold of one as best I can. :D