• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CommunityDiscs.com

I've asked Justin about Legacy (and continue to do so). Unfortunately Legacy's never fared very well in his "what do you want" poll, so if you want it, keep asking for it. Eventually our squeaky wheel will get some grease. :D

Hope you're doing well Justin. Can't wait to have you back open for business and on the up and up! :thmbup:

I've been bagging mostly legacy for two years now, and that is the ONLY thing that keeps me from shopping at community discs when I do a bigger order.

You carry some relevant/sweet legacy and I'll never shop elsewhere. :hfive:

as usual, Justin gets two :thmbup: :thmbup: from me.

Legacy sucks, don't carry it Justin. I kid, I kid.

Wish Justin a speedy recovery, community discs is my go-to nowadays.

This is from an email Justin sent Feb 4th...

Justin is having knee surgery in about 2 weeks so Community is shutting down at 5AM EST on Feb 14th until April 1st. We have gone through every scenario, but it will not be possible to keep things running while Justin is unable to drive or lift heavy boxes.

oh no! get better soon!

Welcome back to Justin.

Hope the knee's getting there, and the upgrades to the site look great.

Now shut up and take my money (again!) :D

Justin, I hope you're doing well and having a speedy recovery. I love the new site. I do miss the reviews though. I'd love to see those get added back if possible. I can't tell you how many impulse buys I've made sitting there reading glowing reviews. I'm sure I'm not the only one so it will likely help you move a few more discs.

Is there anything going awry with Communitydiscs' email system or something? I've sent 3 messages regarding an order, 3 different ways and haven't heard anything about it. Anybody else having trouble communicating? Thanks

Is there anything going awry with Communitydiscs' email system or something? I've sent 3 messages regarding an order, 3 different ways and haven't heard anything about it. Anybody else having trouble communicating? Thanks
I'm so sorry Dave. I have been getting bogged down a lot during the holidays and I'm hoping to be a same-day replies sometime tomorrow.

I just looked at your email I replied to the other day and it went to a weird internal mail server address, not yours. I'll resend it right now. I know you Photon is on its way. I'm having trouble tracking down the tracking info though :(

-Justin

I'm so sorry Dave. I have been getting bogged down a lot during the holidays and I'm hoping to be a same-day replies sometime tomorrow.

I just looked at your email I replied to the other day and it went to a weird internal mail server address, not yours. I'll resend it right now. I know you Photon is on its way. I'm having trouble tracking down the tracking info though :(

-Justin

Thanks Justin, I really appreciate it. I wasn't sure if you had some bugs to iron out from moving over to the new site or what so I wanted to notify you of it so that a customer way less cool as me wouldn't get bent out of shape in the future. :thmbup:

Thanks for asking. Demand for Discraft has been dropping off over the past couple years. MVP, the Trilogy brands, and Innova pump out new discs at an alarming rate so if a model isn't earning($$$) its keep it has to go. A lot of the Discraft stock here has been paired down. I could stand to look at when I need to restock the models we'll be maintaining though. The Zone is a great one and I always seem to have trouble timing my order with Discraft's availability. They were out when I ordered the Z FLX discs.

I have had no requests for the Roach and I sold only a couple Surges and XL's in 2015 so those had to go. Discraft makes some excellent models and I personally love their plastic but it's just not very popular anymore.

I worry about Discraft. I do not see them doing any marketing outside of a couple big tournaments and I do not think they understand how much market share they are losing. It's virtually impossible for them to really know that though since there is no manufacturer association all the MFG's are reporting sales numbers to. I'm sure Discraft sold more in 2015 than in 2014 but the increase has to be at a much slower pace than everyone else.

Thanks for asking. Demand for Discraft has been dropping off over the past couple years. MVP, the Trilogy brands, and Innova pump out new discs at an alarming rate so if a model isn't earning($$$) its keep it has to go. A lot of the Discraft stock here has been paired down. I could stand to look at when I need to restock the models we'll be maintaining though. The Zone is a great one and I always seem to have trouble timing my order with Discraft's availability. They were out when I ordered the Z FLX discs.

I have had no requests for the Roach and I sold only a couple Surges and XL's in 2015 so those had to go. Discraft makes some excellent models and I personally love their plastic but it's just not very popular anymore.

I worry about Discraft. I do not see them doing any marketing outside of a couple big tournaments and I do not think they understand how much market share they are losing. It's virtually impossible for them to really know that though since there is no manufacturer association all the MFG's are reporting sales numbers to. I'm sure Discraft sold more in 2015 than in 2014 but the increase has to be at a much slower pace than everyone else.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling that was the case and I understand you gotta make the smart business decisions. I've had a couple gift certs burning a hole in my pocket since Ockthrowberfest and didn't want to grab something else if you had some Discraft on the way. I guess it's time for this old dog to expand his horizons. Thanks again for supporting Ockthrowberfest again this year.

Justin... I have a newly minted gift certificate for your fine establishment.

I was hoping a lightweight Star TeeBird (155-162 range). I see you have a 151, might be a little too light... any idea when you might have some new stock arriving?

Thanks for asking Scott. I checked out your course list. I like seeing all those states. I wish I could sneak in a course anytime I'm on a trip to a new place but sadly, it happens so rarely. Anyway, back to your question!

I have not seen Star TeeBirds in that range before.

Most of the Star & Champion discs Innova does make in the 150-range they don't make often so I tend to order a bunch as I did when I had a whole lot of ~150g Red Star TeeBirds. They recently overhauled their order form and the 150g weight category is now blacked out - as in "We're not even planning to make this weight again". Hopefully they will make more someday rather than just hold to the StarLite TeeBird. Community is dropping StarLite plastic. There are some Wraiths left but the StarLite TeeBird will not be arriving anytime soon.

I hope this helps.

Latest posts