• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Cost of older discs?

Blaaaake77

Bogey Member
So I am on a few Facebook groups that sell and trade discs, I was just curious where do these prices come from? I see people bidding upwards of 40-50 bucks and some are even way higher than that! How do you determine how much a disc is worth? What makes it so valuable besides first runs, limited production and what not? I have always been wondering, I don't personally have many that are older, or valuable, at least I don't think so. If anyone could give me some information about that, that would be awesome!

Heading out for another round today! Finally getting back at it after a long cold winter! Spring is here and the courses are muddy but playable enough for me!

Welp here we go! Some people think its stupid (like myself) and others think people should be able to "do whatever they want" with their money.

I'm a huge fan of Innova's old pearly plastic because it's extremely durable and grippy. IMO it is the best plastic ever produced for discs. Aside from that, I really only collect HOF discs and Steady Ed stuff

Basic Supply and Demand.

Yep. That's all it is. What people are willing to pay fluctuates. Older discs tend to just keep increasing in price, but you'll see new discs that are of an initial limited run spike in price before settling back down to something reasonable.