• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Wall / Feed

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I roll out tons of tweaks and additions to the site that I don't really announce but it's been a while since I've added any major new features. I think the Course Wall / Feed qualifies.

So what is it? It's essentially a comments area for each course. General course talk, meeting up, etc. I've tried to make it as smooth and easy to use as possible. I also plan on adding some features to it but I felt it was finished enough to roll out v1.0.

The other thing this does is it ties into your Course Tracker. Essentially this subscribes you to the comments area for each course. So there is a new option under the Courses menu titled "Course Feed". This will show you a feed of comments for all courses you track (think Facebook feed). So if you track all your local courses, you can easily see the newest comments at each, respond, etc.

As with all new things, there may be some issues so please let me know if you run into anything. Rules for wall posts are similar to reviews, essentially be respectful: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/faq.php?mode=show&id=49

As of right now, you can not edit your comments (working on it), deleting comments (mulling over whether to allow comments without replies to be deleted by the owner), mobile version (working on a new mobile site, this will be a part of it as soon as possible), and eventually building it into the app (I fear what this will cost me!).

Seems like a great place to note if the course is cart friendly!

Thanks Tim! Just started a 'greeting' on the wall for the newest course in Cincinnati to see how this feature will evolve.

I'm looking forward to it as well. Hopefully people dig it. I think it might need avatars to break up the color scheme so that is one thing I may work on next. I have a short list of other stuff I'd like to add to the course wall.

Very cool. I love that it ties in with course tracker, that makes it easier. Course closures, updates on work parties, etc. can all be put in there too. Nice addition, Tim :thmbup:

This is great Tim. I had to click around a couple of times on my Dashboard and then my Course Tracker automatically updated with all of my courses. Using the filter with a Date is a good way to hide the old Actions. This is cool.

Tim, Thanks for the description on what this feature is. Just made my first use of it on my home course. It will be interesting to see how it evolves and how its used.

Regards,
Mark

The course feed page loads, but the only thing that shows up are ads. Browsing via iPad.

The course feed page loads, but the only thing that shows up are ads. Browsing via iPad.

Do any of the courses you're tracking have comments? There are very few courses with comments at the moment.

On the main page, what do you think about replacing the 'Swaps' tab with a 'Walls Update' tab? Clicking on the Swaps, you can see there have only been 6 swaps this year, none since June. Putting in the Walls Update tab would be similar to the Threads Tab and the course update info lower down on the main page.