• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses along I-80 and 1-70 - VACATION!

DDay110

Hello all!
Planning a road trip from Ohio, to Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Looking for advice on courses along the way. Mainly to break up the drive, but find some fun places to play.

Looking for courses along 1-80 from Ohio To Wyoming, going out west. Then, on the way home, from Colorado back to Ohio along 1-70.

Also, bonus answers. I'll be going through Idaho to Utah (Craters of the moon down to Arches) if there are any iconic courses along that also!

Thanks!
D. Day

You have many great choices along I-70. Use the map feature and read reviews to see what you like.

Whatever you do, make sure you stop at Harmony Bends on a dry day. Fit the rest of your trip in around that.
Genuinely a spectacular course. The kind of DG experience well worth travelling to play.
Skip Harmony Bends and you lose.

Last edited:
Hummel in omaha....solitude mountain near salt lake and lake Walcott in Idaho were all pretty solid 6 years ago when I was there

Hello all!
Planning a road trip from Ohio, to Wyoming, Montana, and Colorado. Looking for advice on courses along the way. Mainly to break up the drive, but find some fun places to play.

Looking for courses along 1-80 from Ohio To Wyoming, going out west. Then, on the way home, from Colorado back to Ohio along 1-70.

Also, bonus answers. I'll be going through Idaho to Utah (Craters of the moon down to Arches) if there are any iconic courses along that also!

Thanks!
D. Day

so it really depends what level your looking for. are you looking for recreactional or top professional level courses? lots of choices......
wolcott will be out of your way from craters of the moon btw, if you going down I15 that is .

Sounds like an awesome trip. If you drive through St. Louis, there are decent, road trip choices. Then driving across Missouri, Harmony Bends is a must play. Then you'll drive right through Kansas City and you want to hit Waterworks. Then driving across Kansas, you hit...................................WIND!

Topeka has some nice courses and if you happen to reach Denver, you can truly play some of the most epic courses anywhere, Beaver Ranch, Bucksnort and lots more.

Cottonmill in Kearney, NE
haven't been there but Leaning Rock in Pine Bluffs, WY looks pretty cool
if you're going up I-25 to Montana, you gotta stop at Diamond X in Billings
you can check out The Fort in Ogden and get a 2020? Worlds preview
if you have a car that can make the road to the course, Base Camp Adventure Lodge in Moab is supposed to be epic. i only played Old City Park and it's pretty decent.

once you get to Denver you have to make the detour to highway 285 and play as many of those courses as you can get tee times for cuz they are all amazing.

water works and definitely Harmony Bends. maybe Foundation Park in Centralia, IL too

Just south of I80, in Mishawaka, Indiana...George Wilson Park...club has made some major improvements. Course used to be
"meh", but is quite challenging now.