• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

crappy discs does it take distance off the throw

i wouldnt give it to you if thats what your thinking but all the 7/10 discs are my backups usually

Yeah, a Valk can be hyzer flipped for distance quite well at 7/10 and depending on weight, might finish right for you (RHBH) which is quite usefull.

Teebirds are extraordinarily long and straight at 7/10

Eagles suddenly become one of the best line shaping discs you could get.

Even in better plastics, I know ESP and Z Preds seem to still fight wind yet can get out there quite a bit further with less effort than when new.

A ton of good uses for 7/10 discs.

I love having worn in discs. I know how they fly, and they definitely get more distance than they did out of the box.

it depends on the disc. when some become worn they will level out and fly forever before fading. some will just get flippy and useless. it pays to keep multiple versions of the same mold in different stages of wear so you can find which you like best in general or for certain situations.

Me and my buddies always joke. That we wished we could have some one throw are new discs for several months, so we don't have to deal with the hassle of breaking them in. Heck to me a "7" is just right, even less for a turnover disc.
So I wouldn't use numbers to gauge your discs. Instead, you should go by how the disc is performing the the task you want. I mean, if you have a Teerex and it still is a "7", but it turnsover, dives into the ground and becomes a roller. Chances are, you might want to look inot replacing it.

i know what you mean, I have traded fresh plastic for 6 and 7 stuff before just because i think it is more valuable

Look into the bag of many a pro and you'll find that their workhorses are oftens years old and have the scars to prove it.

A disc that is 9 or sometimes even 8/10 is a disc you haven't thrown enough to get to know it.

Look into the bag of many a pro and you'll find that their workhorses are oftens years old and have the scars to prove it.

A disc that is 9 or sometimes even 8/10 is a disc you haven't thrown enough to get to know it.

or you dont play courses with trees, but if that is the case you probably dont play tournaments that would require you to care enough about such things as the OP

Latest posts