• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Creepy courses to visit?

Is this thread about creepy or disgusting. There are plenty of disgusting issues at courses, but creepy (ghostly) was what I thought of the OP's focus.

Yeah definitely think he meant more on the spooky side ... but seeing some of that stuff way out in the woods is pretty spooky.

It was empty and unused since I think 2006 and I think Gateway Disc Sports got the okay to build a course over it and they made it in 2013.

Both CSUMB courses, Oaks and Cyprus, I thought had a certain creepiness to them. There's all sorts of abandoned college buildings, and military building from the old fort. I thought there was a certain Scooby Doo ghost town vibe to it. Regardless, Oaks is an awesome course.

Both CSUMB courses, Oaks and Cyprus, I thought had a certain creepiness to them. There's all sorts of abandoned college buildings, and military building from the old fort. I thought there was a certain Scooby Doo ghost town vibe to it. Regardless, Oaks is an awesome course.

I played those courses on a foggy quiet day, definitely some creepy vibes at times.

Lake Montebello in Baltmore is pretty creepy when you're back in the woods. always remember the buddy system and bring a friend.

Not sure it qualifies as "creepy" as much as it does just "dangerous", but you always have a decent chance of getting shanked if you go play Gateway Park in Fort Worth!

I recently took a trip down to Scottsdale to play a couple courses and ended up playing Marana Rock solo at dusk. Started to get a "Hills have eyes" vibe when the sun fell behind the hills and quite literally gave myself goosebumps. Too good a course to pack up and leave though, you better believe I finished that 18.

Ghosts everywhere

Heck yes, my home courses, ghosts running around everywhere, the army base operated for 100 years, more than a million GIs went through there, vets post statements on the web saying when they die, their souls will go to rest out at Fort Ord.

I have played those courses a million times, many times finishing in the dark as you play across the old abandoned baseball fields.

And this is timely as they have the wrecking crew out this week tearing down the old concrete barracks on the Cypress course, so this is the end of the last course that Steady Ed designed before he passed away.

I think lots of people are too scared to play out at the Oaks by themselves, all the abandoned buildings and ghosts running around everywhere, but I get along great with them.

Maybe some day they will extend the course to go over near the old abandoned army prison.

Last edited:
Both times I've played Kress Creek Farms in West Chicago I've gotten the heebie jeebies a little bit... It's at the end of a road, so there's hardly any neighborhood traffic. There's a barn right as you pull in, an abandoned trailer next to one fo the fairways, and last time we were there, my buddy and I came across some burnt automibile parts. Also, there always seems to be exactly two cars in the parking lot... could be disc goflers, but it also could be serial killers.

Giles Run in Lorton, VA plays around the abandonded Lorton federal penitentiary, thats gotta be the creepiest course I have ever played.

There is a new course near my house that is built over an old abandoned neighborhood called carrollton. The neighborhood was bought out by the St. Louis airport because it was too close to a runway and they destroyed all the houses but the streets remain and you can still see fences and beginnings of driveways and where the foundations of the houses were. We used to drive around the empty streets at night because it was scary. In the first picture, you can see the streets of the neighborhood, the course is on the right of the highway.
DSCF8020.JPG

crop580_w37007_001.JPG

carrollton05.jpg

72692288.jpg

carrollton01.jpg

Looks like a great place to film the Walking Dead.

Hummel hills in Omaha, there are groups of homeless albinos that live in those creepy woods! (not the scene of Boro's witnessed murder, that course is in the middle town)

I played this course with a friend whose wife graduated from that area in the early 90s. She told him that there was all sorts of spooky rumors about it when she was in high school such as the albino stories. There's also a story that if you count the stairs going up or down on hole 1 (we played it as hole 6) that you don't get the same number going the other way. We didn't test this because there are approximately 7 billion stairs, we're 40 years old, and we didn't need to add stair climbing to our day. There are also rumors of lynchings that occurred at the park around the turn of the century. It interested me enough to Google it later but I don't believe any of it. Nothing strange happened during our round but my friend kept saying he heard other groups playing and we never saw anyone else out there. I think he's full of it though.

Latest posts