• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cross Country Trip

wentzl

Driving from Colorado to New York, mostly along I-70. Want to stop for a few rounds of disc golf along the way. Any thoughts on "must play" courses along the route?

There's a subforum for road trips. :)

Also more details will help people give you advice. What courses do you like? How far off I-70 are you willing to go? Etc.

I love using the Road Trip functionality here. It provides you the opportunity to enter your route, what kind of courses you like (number of holes, kind of target, kind of tee pad, ratings....). It give a great blueprint for such a trip. It takes a bit to learn to use it, but man what a nice feature.

When I road trip, I love playing a combination of 1) some super relaxed (e.g. 9 hole courses with short holes) courses since it adds to the road trip fun, and 2) some courses that are way more difficult but also more fun from a challenge point of view. Here's how I build a road trip:

Go to the Courses -> Browse Map section. Start in Denver, and click along your route (I-70). It searches for courses in that area. You can also filter what courses are shown by rating, length, etc. Even without narrowing your search, you can tell how close they are to your route and the color of the basket tells you how many holes.

Great feature, even if you're not a premium member.

If you pass through Columbia, MO and don't play Harmony Bends... you lose. It's spectacular in every way, and literally just minutes off of I-70.

Make that your priority. Fit any other courses you want to play around that. Safe travels and have a great trip!

I'd also recommend Water Works in KC.

Last edited:
Grand Vue Park is a fine 2-course complex just off the highway in West Virginia. Fun putter/mid course (Yellow) and a challenging longer course (Black).

Lots of outstanding courses around Pittsburgh.

Second the recommendation for Water Works in Kansas City. Bad Rock Creek is also well-worth playing.

I would play Harmony Bends if anywhere close.

Latest posts