• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crosslap Cubus

I talked to Crosslap about the question, which popped up here:
First about the foam wheels: I have my cart now for more than half a year a used it on several tournaments and rounds. If I take the kilometers from my fitness wristband I would calculate 2 rounds with 18 holes with around 15 - 20 kilometers. So I played more than 200 kilometers with the Crosslap Cubus and the foam wheels are in really good shape. It will last more than 2 years I think. Let's see.
The owner of Crosslap ( Andreas Thoene ) said to me, that a new pair of foam wheels costs $38 . I think, that's a good price for replacing them.

About playing in wet conditions: I played one tournament-day in full wet conditions. It was raining cats and dogs. When I put out my raincoat, I have spare-place for the 2 putters, which I normally had in outside pocket. That works well. The wheels guard are not needed, because the foam wheels are so plain, that they almost don't "spray around" meanwhile rolling the Cubus.
As like the other carts everything inside the Cubus was still dry, because you did not place your bag on the wet ground.

Andreas (Nickname is "Andel") said, that you can also order directly from him here for $349 including shipping: http://www.crosslap-discs.de/ Send him a mail to ask for possible color combinations.

I will try to make more videos, but it takes time, and I am not good in editing videos... :-/

I talked to Crosslap about the question, which popped up here:
First about the foam wheels: I have my cart now for more than half a year a used it on several tournaments and rounds. If I take the kilometers from my fitness wristband I would calculate 2 rounds with 18 holes with around 15 - 20 kilometers. So I played more than 200 kilometers with the Crosslap Cubus and the foam wheels are in really good shape. It will last more than 2 years I think. Let's see.
The owner of Crosslap ( Andreas Thoene ) said to me, that a new pair of foam wheels costs $38 . I think, that's a good price for replacing them.

About playing in wet conditions: I played one tournament-day in full wet conditions. It was raining cats and dogs. When I put out my raincoat, I have spare-place for the 2 putters, which I normally had in outside pocket. That works well. The wheels guard are not needed, because the foam wheels are so plain, that they almost don't "spray around" meanwhile rolling the Cubus.
As like the other carts everything inside the Cubus was still dry, because you did not place your bag on the wet ground.

Andreas (Nickname is "Andel") said, that you can also order directly from him here for $349 including shipping: http://www.crosslap-discs.de/ Send him a mail to ask for possible color combinations.

I will try to make more videos, but it takes time, and I am not good in editing videos... :-/

ah, beautiful! you are doing the lord's work :)

All of those answers are great and make perfect sense. I used to longboard and knew that the longboard wheels would spin up water but those go MUCH faster than this cart should be going. I think $38 is totally reasonable, I'd pay that yearly if it meant I didn't have to worry about flats.

Getting more and more excited about this :D

Bump and has anybody played with this bag yet?

Bag? You mean, this cart Crosslap Cubus. I just had a wonderfull training-round in the snow today. The wheels are still working, also with snow on it. Other Cart-players with fenders over the wheels didn't roll today. :D

BTW: Just this week Crosslap Cubus Version 2.0 was released with some little improvements.

Attachments

• 20180204_CrosslapCubus-Snow.jpg
    20180204_CrosslapCubus-Snow.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I am living in Hamburg, Germany. Snow is getting more rare here in the last years.

As I am ambassador for Crosslap DiscGolf, I have just posted the specification on Facebook-page
https://www.facebook.com/crosslapdiscgolfshop/

The improvements are:
  • new thicker and more isolated bag inside with less noises,
  • one more stable Putter-pocket (but just for one putter),
  • roll snaps holds the cover better on the Cubus,
  • one bottle-holder (optional umbrella holder available),
  • fixed grip-knob (optional adjustable grip-knob is available for 15 Euro extra)
Normal price in Germany is 289 Euro. Ask discsunlimited, when they order vol. 2.0 .

Maybe a stupid question, but the Crosslap Cubus, that is made of metal correct? it's not a plastic cart?

There are no stupid question, only stupid answers :)
Metal would be to heavy. It is completely made of aluminium. The cover a little bit thicker, than the walls.
And the wheels are attached on an axis of stainless steel.
So everything is stable :thmbup: and undestroyable :wall:

BTW: I found that out with that it is aluminium, because I wanted to put a magnet pin on it and it fell down. :doh:

I just got attention of the other discussion thread of the comparison between delta and cubus. Well, as far as I am an ambasssador of Crosslap I know, that Crosslap has never hands on a Delta. And I have never seen a Delta here in Germany neither in Europe. As you have never seen a Cubus in US (until now). ;-)
The only one, who could maybe compare them, would be someone from discs unlimited, if they have seen them both.
Would be a dream, to see a Cubus side by side to a Delta.
(The Zuca is much higher and smaller and from the design not comparable.)

Its made by the Germans so it must be good?? Delta is completely overpriced and I already have a Zuca or I would be possibly interested in the Cubus. Looks nice and well built??

I'm very pleased with my Cubus so far. I got to use it for the first time this evening. Let me know if you guys got any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_20180321_180753.jpg
    IMG_20180321_180753.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20180319_193355.jpg
    IMG_20180319_193355.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20180321_184524.jpg
    IMG_20180321_184524.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 76
Is their no rain fly available?

You don't need a rain fly. I played a ****ty weather tournament, where the water was standing in my shoes, but I open and close the lid fast and leave the big towel on top of the discs inside the Cubus.
Inside the Cubus everything was almost dry.

How does the Cubus (2) handle rain? Is it sealed all the way around or is there a rainfly attachment?

How does the Cubus (2) handle rain? Is it sealed all the way around or is there a rainfly attachment?

Hey Stable, no rainfly and I played in the rain last weekend and it was great. It's sealed up tight with the exception of some holes on one side, however those holes did not let a drop in. The lining that your discs are in cover those holes if I am not mistaken. No issues, especially with the umbrella holder!

Latest posts