• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Daredevil Discs Sasquatch?

Timberwolf, go!

Once I reload my paypal, I should get a few.

Don't pass on the Timberwolf; its one of my favorite discs ever.
I'd say it flys like an Eagle with less stability. I also don't throw further than 330' so take that for what its worth.

Half of the "mis-prints" I got last spring were almost flawless. Good luck!

How do you make a sweet stamp for something no one can see? They should have chucked the instructional manual they basically printed on the front of it though...so many words. Give us SASQUATCH!!!

They should stamp the name on the back and leave the flight plate blank.

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

gah.. I was worried enough with em just walking around, now they're flying too... that looks dangerous

also: someone trade me a dd disc, I don't feel like buying one

Don't pass on the Timberwolf; its one of my favorite discs ever.
I'd say it flys like an Eagle with less stability. I also don't throw further than 330' so take that for what its worth.

Half of the "mis-prints" I got last spring were almost flawless. Good luck!

OK, you talked me into it. Wasn't hard. Ordered a Timberwolf and a Beaver. I like their website.

Instead of starting a new thread I thought that I would resurrect this one and give this disc a quick review after taking it out for a round.

First the plastic: Nice plastic. Like others have said it is a champ like plastic that is a little on the soft side:

The Profile: This disc has a low profile and the bottom of the rim is concave. The inner rim comes to a fairly sharp point.

The Flight: I've never thrown a disc that flies like this one. For reference I was getting it out to about 400'. It is very fast and very high speed understable. What is crazy is how hard the fade is at the end of the flight. Just when you think that it is going to finish to the right, rhbh, it comes crashing back super hard. If I had to give it flight ratings I would think about calling it a 13, 5, -4, +3.5. I was throwing s curves that covered almost the entire horizontal length of the soccer field that I was throwing on.

In conclusion, interesting disc. Way to big of a rim (2.5cm) to make the bag. And for anyone wondering, yes, it is PDGA approved.

I won one these in a waffle. From the flight numbers I was expecting something super understable. This thing must be max weight, because it flew over stable as hell! I am from Canada and these discs are super common, and I have been reluctant to put my money on such a cheap looking disc. I don't think I'll buy another daredevil

I won one these in a waffle. From the flight numbers I was expecting something super understable. This thing must be max weight, because it flew over stable as hell! I am from Canada and these discs are super common, and I have been reluctant to put my money on such a cheap looking disc. I don't think I'll buy another daredevil

What? Why are they cheap looking?

Anyway you are missing out they make some very good discs.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I've really liked some of the Daredevil I've thrown, the Mammoth and Beaver were pretty solid. What didn't you like about it?

I've got a couple of these Sasquatch discs. I call them "Squanchies" for short. Rick and Morty fans can relate to that. This disc is one of the weirdest ones I own and it definitely feels weird in the hand, but since my hand is huge, it fits great. The weird rim edge fits right into the crease in my index finger. I don't always have it in my bag, but if I know that I'll have a big downhill shot, with a right to left crosswind, this disc rocks. When throwing downhill, I've got enough arm speed to make this disc fly properly. Higher winds don't seem to affect it as much as my other unstable drivers. It fights that sort of crosswind fiercely, if thrown flat. I've been throwing a sort of heavy 179 gram Squanch. I've made some of the longest shots I've ever done with this disc. I don't recommend it to beginners. It is such a tricky disc to master, I would save this one for later. I'm sort of a noodle arm and it took quite some time for me to understand this wild monster of a disc. Hope this helps.

I've got a couple of these Sasquatch discs. I call them "Squanchies" for short. Rick and Morty fans can relate to that. This disc is one of the weirdest ones I own and it definitely feels weird in the hand, but since my hand is huge, it fits great. The weird rim edge fits right into the crease in my index finger. I don't always have it in my bag, but if I know that I'll have a big downhill shot, with a right to left crosswind, this disc rocks. When throwing downhill, I've got enough arm speed to make this disc fly properly. Higher winds don't seem to affect it as much as my other unstable drivers. It fights that sort of crosswind fiercely, if thrown flat. I've been throwing a sort of heavy 179 gram Squanch. I've made some of the longest shots I've ever done with this disc. I don't recommend it to beginners. It is such a tricky disc to master, I would save this one for later. I'm sort of a noodle arm and it took quite some time for me to understand this wild monster of a disc. Hope this helps.

I have the Yeti, which is just the Sasquatch in FP (Flex Performance) plastic. The weird wing shape still throws me off. I don't throw it often, but its understable characteristics means even at lower distances you can get some nice S shape movement out of it.

Latest posts