• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg part of Latitude 64° team

DiscGolfEcho

Here is the official news link: http://www.latitude64.se/news/

I was wondering for a bit of time when Feldberg would be part of a team! Now I know and I wish him good luck!

I like the way Disc golf is growing this year with all the new teams and connections people are having all over the world!

Like this quote from the news link:
The plan is that David will travel the world spreading word about the sport we love and also to compete using discs made in our factory at Latitude 64°.

There are people that like to rag Dave for probably multiple reasons and i suspect as a sport like in a mob mentality. He has been a great ambassador to the sport in giving clinics and even organizing a few events with other top pros last year making the sport known in communities that do not have previous scene or it is just beginning. Think whatever you like of him as a person his job results as a promoter of the sport are excellent and i'd like the critics to put in a part of his effort into promoting the sport to even the scales a little. Mind you it may not need to be much considering he's getting paid :) I'm not asking the world at all.

I live near where he does or did I heard he moved recently and my opionion of him over the last couple years has changed. 5 years ago he was one of the cockiest prick i had ever met, however over the last 2 year he has grown up alot and is much easier to be around. JR is correct he has done alot more then most pros to help out the sport.

i got no beef with feldberg. the dude if f'in smoooooth with a disc in his hand. and no other current pro has done as much to support the sport.

chunk said:
...no other current pro has done as much to support the sport.

While Dave has done a lot of great stuff, I think even he would urge you to consider the hundreds of pros who came before him, who have done even more for the sport over an entire lifetime of work, much of which takes place under the radar in local communities across the world. There are folks who have literally given every ounce of their lives to building disc golf.

perhaps their ashes were mixed in with the concrete for teepads?

veganray said:
Misuse of the word "literally" drives me figuratively insane with fury.

How about dead on a course where they broke their body while building it, with memorials for them on the fairway...Is that literal enough for you?

Fuck you veganray.

Aren't they using ash teepads somewhere? Ghoulish... Dave does have life left and at the moment he is putting in a lot of promoting and if he continues that he might well join the ranks of lifers of DG promoters and workers. He is not the only top pro putting in a lot of work though so he's not an exception. Which is nice and takes nothing away from him. He does play mind games at times during play though so it may be a self built image but when you're on the road and get paid by placing well some choose that route. Not the most gentleman sporty move but it happens in every sport. I don't like that cut throat attitude in disc golf because by and large this sport is just about the most gentlemanly sport there is apart for lower ranks cussing out themselves after poor throws. But you get that in golf too :)

But then that would be painful for all the people having sex on it. I guess this is why Jim Morrison wasn't a pillar of the disc golf community.

I noticed this posted at PDGA.com...

Board Member Resignation

The Professional Disc Golf Association announces that David Feldberg has resigned from the PDGA Board of Directors for personal reasons. We ask all members to join with us in thanking David for his years of service to the association.

David writes, "After much deliberation and consideration I've decided to step back from my role of the Board of Directors of the Professional Disc Golf Association. After 16 years on and off the course I have seen so much growth, change and development in our sport and I'm proud to have been a part of shaping both for today and the future. I'm focusing my efforts with a new sponsor, Latitude 64, in doing so I cannot continue to carry on the work that I've been doing for the last several years with the Professional Disc Golf Association. I enjoyed serving the organization that serves the sport that I love and look forward to being part disc golf's future in other ways."

Not sure this statement makes sense, why does working with Lat 64 preclude him from working on the board?

I suspect that there's more to the story that Dave didn't wish to explicate in his public resignation statement...at least this is the impression it gives

i heard from a very reliable source this past weekend (innova pro) that there isn't much of a back story on dave's resignation from the PDGA. dave leaving innova is quite a different story.

chunk said:
i heard from a very reliable source this past weekend (innova pro) that there isn't much of a back story on dave's resignation from the PDGA. dave leaving innova is quite a different story.

so you gonna tell us or what?

i'm sorry, i feel like a dick for posting what i posted earlier. i'm a dave fan and wish him all the best with lat.