• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Death by Disc Golf

I almost hit geese evertime i play riverside by my house. Bastards

dog-passed-out-wearing-skates-gloves-hat-frisbee.jpg

Apothecary's dog? :popcorn:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4499#

My friend, brother, and I were playing a round in Arkansas about 5 months ago. On hole 11 my brother threw a tomahawk that landed about a foot right of the left curb in the pic(hole high). It didn't make a huge THWACK sound like one would expect from plastic on road. We didn't really think anything of it. We walk up to the basket and see his disc 2 feet away from a dead squirrel. The squirrel's skull was crushed and blood was freshly running onto the street (with some on his disc). I have seen numerous aces and weird things on the course but I never thought I would see my brother kill a squirrel with a tomahawk (to the skull) haha. It is kind of sad though.

How was that scored?

IIRC it was scored a ball as the pitch did not cross the plate in the strike zone.

Also, the dog is the rollerblades is awesome. He does have his gloves on the wrong paws though.

I felt bad, but during this years Memorial tournment in Arizona I broke the legs of a duck and it dragged itself into the water. I doubt it survived. After doing that on Hole 8, I did go on to shot like 5 down after that.

A friend of mine was out disc golfing today and sent me this little gem.

attachment.php

Anyone else have some wild disc golfing experiences like this?

Happy Hunting :),

AaronC

Really? No one asked yet...

What type of disc was it?

And for the record, turtle tastes exactly how you would imagine it. Like sea water. At least the turtle soup I had somewhere in the Bahamas did.

Crazy story.
Last years Masters Cup at DeLa some guy it a bird in the air with his drive. Feathers flew and the bird dropped. He took at 3 on the card but still got his birdie!

I didn't ask him what he threw, but I'm guessing an 'Eco Destroyer'...

Super bump.

So has this happened to anyone else?

I played a few rounds this morning before work. On hole 1 I was attempting to throw a turnover with my Buzzz. I released it WAY to low and early. There's a little hill that runs parallel to the fairway about 4 feet tall on the left. I threw it right into the crest of the hill about 50 feet off the tee and blasted a squirrel. When I got up there he wasn't moving and looked dead. On my way back through on the next round he was alive but clearly concussed and disoriented.

In over 16 years of playing I don't think I've ever hit any animal or person before. Anyone else got some stories?

These stories on social media could be a perfect place for a homeowner's association near a city course to get some leverage on having the course removed... Maybe keep these stories to yourselves :| ... :rolleyes:

These stories on social media could be a perfect place for a homeowner's association near a city course to get some leverage on having the course removed... Maybe keep these stories to yourselves :| ... :rolleyes:

Hey man, I wasn't trying to hit him. I felt bad. That course is getting pulled on the 21st so I can hit all the squirrels I want there anyway 😁