• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Delta 11 Cart

Strauss

Eagle Member
Any information and or specs leaked on the upcoming Delta 11 cart? I'm really looking forward to seeing some improvements on the already great design. I'm currently in the market for a cart, but think I'll wait for the start of next season to make my purchase. I'm already on the fence between the Zuca and Delta, so if the 11 brings many improvements it may be enough to make my decision easier.

I've also tossed the idea around of buying the Zuca backpack cart with the lift up seat, to roll my Octothorpe around. But figured if I was spending the $200+ for that cart, I might as well pony up the extra to get the full featured cart.

I've been digging to find anything on the 11 but they have really kept it under wraps. I suspect we should know more by Monday since that's the preorder date. If I don't hear anything soon I'm going with the Zuca.

You have an octothorpe and want a cart???

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE my Octo. It's hands down the best bag I have ever owned, and I've owned many bags over the years. It's IMO the best all around large backpack style bag on the market right now.

But with that being said sometimes lugging a heavy bag loaded with 20+ discs, 100oz of water, snacks, etc can get pretty tiring. Especially on those super hot summer days, when playing multiple rounds on long courses.

I'm looking to add a cart for those situations. When I'm playing multiple rounds in a single day, and or playing when it's 90+ degrees outside. I still plan on using my Octo for my typical single round days at my home course, but will use the cart for tournaments and long tiring courses.

It still has tube tires that go flat.

It still can't carry Nalgene bottles without hanging cheesy bike cages off the handle.

Weak.

Agreed, not impressed with the 11. I still can't believe these cart companies don't install large water bottle holders. I think the majority carry 32oz+ size bottles nowadays.

The cart gives you the ability to carry extra weight without the stress, they should capitalize on the hydration storage. Still can't beat my Octothorpes ability to carry my bladder with 100oz of water, along with my 40oz hydroflask loaded in the water bottle holder.

Agreed, not impressed with the 11. I still can't believe these cart companies don't install large water bottle holders. I think the majority carry 32oz+ size bottles nowadays.

The cart gives you the ability to carry extra weight without the stress, they should capitalize on the hydration storage. Still can't beat my Octothorpes ability to carry my bladder with 100oz of water, along with my 40oz hydroflask loaded in the water bottle holder.

What bladder are you using? 3 liter? Which one? I am using a two liter, but could go for a bigger one, if it still fits neatly in the compartment.

I just ordered a ZUCA Backpack Cart from Joe over at Ridge Roller Customs for my Sexton Octothorpe. I got it along with the putter pouch, pole pouch, and the quick release ratcheting pole clamp. Super excited, it gives me the flexibility to take it out and walk with, or roll with the best bag made for disc golf. I LOVE the Octothorpe, but also get tired carrying a big bag for multiple rounds. The backpack cart is the perfect solution.

What bladder are you using? 3 liter? Which one? I am using a two liter, but could go for a bigger one, if it still fits neatly in the compartment.

I ordered the 2L Hydrapack from amazon, but when it arrived I noticed they screwed up and sent me the 3L size instead. After looking into the dimensions, I realized I could just use the 3L bladder by not filling it up all the way, which would have kept the dimensions close to the size of the 2L that the bag is designed for.

After using my 3L bladder for a couple rounds, never filling it above the 70oz mark, I started filling it up more and more to see how much I could fit. Low and behold I was able to fill the bladder completely while still having it fit in the Octo. With that said, when it's filled to the brim it makes the putter pocket a little tight with my 4 putters inside. But that doesn't bother me since as soon as I drink 20oz or so, everything fits perfect.

So in short yes, the 3L Hydrapack shape shift bladder does fit in the Octo. When filled to the max, it's a little tight in the putter pocket but absolutely fits without stressing anything. As soon as you drink some, everything settles in nicely.

Doesn't like anything has really changed. :confused:

Still love my 10, though.

Doesn't like anything has really changed. :confused:

Still love my 10, though.

I agree, no reason to upgrade from a 10 to an 11.
Im glad thats the case, It would have been a bummer to have a better cart on the market and have to decide if I was going to drop another 5 on it.

I've also tossed the idea around of buying the Zuca backpack cart with the lift up seat, to roll my Octothorpe around. But figured if I was spending the $200+ for that cart, I might as well pony up the extra to get the full featured cart.

I have the Zuca All Terrain and I really wish I would have waited a bit and went for the Backpack Cart. The "bag" portion of the All Terrain is definitely not an upgrade from a Grip or Octothorpe.