• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Deoderizing Discs...

It's a man's beer. A real beer. None of that Corona/Miller Light crap. And much better than Sam Adams,Leinny's, or Fat tire.

Is that the red rye beer ? Founders is pretty local here since one of the "founder's" is from E Grand Rapids about 5 blocks from where I sit. I loved the beer in spite of the ugly dude on the label.

I got some discs from a smoker once and they reeked to high hell. I took a dryer sheet, put it and the discs in a bag and tied it off for a week or so. It took care of about 80% of it.

I don't know if febreeze or its aerosol propellant will react with plastic, you may end up with a melty stinky disc.

Last summer a friend of mine pulled out a disc from a swampy area while looking for his disc. It had probably been in there quite a while.

The next day im playing a round with that same friend when he asks me to come smell his car.

He had left the disc he found in the swamp in the car over night... I laughed my ass off!

The smell was nasty :sick:

I got some discs from a smoker once and they reeked to high hell. I took a dryer sheet, put it and the discs in a bag and tied it off for a week or so. It took care of about 80% of it.

I don't know if febreeze or its aerosol propellant will react with plastic, you may end up with a melty stinky disc.

I'll give this a shot. Seems like the least chance of something destroying the disc. I've smelled smoker and swamp discs before, but this is insane. It literally smells like an 80 year old man is standing two feet in front of you.

i'd recommend the dryer sheets. If that doesn't work, leave it outside in direct sunlight for a few days. I doubt either will fully cure it, though. But it might make it livable. Plastics just don't release smells very quickly.

I have a putter that I got from a head shop about a year ago and it still smells pretty strong.... just embrace the smell, it may be there for a while.

What about a paste of baking soda and water. Let it soak in that overnight, rinse and repeat. I also like the Fabreeze idea.

I would try this first myself. It says right on the box that it's for deodorizing and it works pretty good on a smelly fridge. :)

baking_soda_2.jpg

this is good. i recently pulled a flat Z pred out of a lake and it smeels like rotting algae and dead mice.

How about a warm oxyclean bath. I haven't left a disc in long enough to affect the stamp but that stuff works wonders on shining up a dirty disc and on most everything else I need cleaned.

Latest posts