• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Detroit: Auburn Hills

mstrjollo

I am flying to Detroit tomorrow (Friday, 3-25) I wanted to play at Oakland University. Does anyone know if there is snow on the ground there, and how much?

Also, I will be there around 1 or 2 pm if anyone wants to join!

There is a light coat of snow on the ground and some ice here and there. Fridays temps near 30 degrees but should be sunny.

Have fun

I am flying to Detroit tomorrow (Friday, 3-25) I wanted to play at Oakland University. Does anyone know if there is snow on the ground there, and how much?

Also, I will be there around 1 or 2 pm if anyone wants to join!

yeah it was real nice and snow free for about two weeks and then we just got hit with a snow/ice storm. i havent been out to oakland since the storm, maybe some people have been out and cleaned up the teepads. i think firefighters in troy is snow free but i could be wrong. south of 59 was mostly rain instead of snow.

You might find a bit of snow. I played there Saturday but it was before this last storm came through. You'll probably find a surprise half way through the course by the basket. There is a deer skeleton just past the basket. I posted pics on here in the Winter photo thread.

I gotta work tomorrow, but if your gonna be there Saturday let me know. I'll probably be out there.

Thanks

Sweet. Thanks for all the help guys. I have to stick to Oakland because my hotel is 8 minutes from the course and I am sharing a rental car. There is also a 9-hole course next to my hotel so I'll check that as well. I won't be able to shoot saturday or sunday, working:( Thanks for all the help though!

You should for sure hit up little Civic Center too. It's right across the street. It's not gonna give a challenge like OU, but it's a fun ace run course and somewhere to improve your short game.

Last edited:
I'll be playing Civic Center tonight with a buddy around 6:30. I'll Be throwing a orange Ion, which is all that's needed for that small course.

Watch yourself at Civic Center almost ate if a few times teeing off. We got there as soon as it stopped snowing.