• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Looked up some numbers after reading the "Should I make the leap to Open?" thread.

Of the 9 events in Dallas/Fort Worth TX area B-tier and up for 2011:
Average winning round rating: 1029 (skewed up from a sick 1052 event)
Average last cash round rating: 980 (down from somone squeeking out with money for 965 golf)

Looked up some numbers after reading the "Should I make the leap to Open?" thread.

Of the 9 events in Dallas/Fort Worth TX area B-tier and up for 2011:
Average winning round rating: 1029 (skewed up from a sick 1052 event)
Average last cash round rating: 980 (down from somone squeeking out with money for 965 golf)

Unfortunatly, I'm well aware of that "last cash" stat. I've only cashed in Open once and had to shoot 992 golf to do it...2nd to last cash at Lewisville.

Unfortunatly, I'm well aware of that "last cash" stat. I've only cashed in Open once and had to shoot 992 golf to do it...2nd to last cash at Lewisville.

Thats why Im still playing Adv

Thats why Im still playing Adv

I guess I technically still can play advanced as long as my rating is still below 970. Thought about playing Advanced at the Fling, but didn't want to deal with the heat all day long.

I guess I technically still can play advanced as long as my rating is still below 970. Thought about playing Advanced at the Fling, but didn't want to deal with the heat all day long.

Agh I played the fling both days the heat wasn't that bad as there was water all over the course to keep you cool..Greg did a great job this year and I might add I cashed both days and one day was me playing up I hope people don't expect me to move up yet

I saw that the Dogwood course SSA at rhe Winter tournaments was 68, so scratch golfers were 14 over on it. But it was lower, I think 58, at the tyler 54, but that was noted to be a temp layout. So is the SSA from the standard tees fairly a 68 or what?

68 is a fair assessment. This is my home course, and besides a few "local routes" there isn't much home course advantage down here. The course is fair, but very tough. I am guessing the "standard tees" are the long pin positions, which, 68 would almost be a little low.

Now from the alternate, (short) tees, the course does change, A LOT. That's why that 10 shot difference is there.

If anyone ever wants to head down, holler at me and I could show ya around. And don't worry, you'll get the full experience, the baskets have been in long position for 4 months now!!!

Agh I played the fling both days the heat wasn't that bad as there was water all over the course to keep you cool..Greg did a great job this year and I might add I cashed both days and one day was me playing up I hope people don't expect me to move up yet

I would have played it if it was my local course too.

I will be in town next week. Thanks for the list of Dallas mini's a few post back. Most helpful. I hope to be free on Wed night. Anything special happening on Sat, the 30th?

Thanks
Ron Pittman

I will be in town next week. Thanks for the list of Dallas mini's a few post back. Most helpful. I hope to be free on Wed night. Anything special happening on Sat, the 30th?

Thanks
Ron Pittman

I think I ran into you at the Alex Clark last time you were in town? We would love to see you at the wed mini at Alex Clark. Unfortunatly you can only get in on the ace pot (normally $80 or more) for that day unless you want to pay 20 to be a member and get a bag tag.

As for Saturday, I don't know of anything off the top of my head.

The illustrious interstate championship will be held that weekend

Hell ya! You say that like it's a bad thing. Golf and beer all day, fights and beer all night

I think I ran into you at the Alex Clark last time you were in town? We would love to see you at the wed mini at Alex Clark. Unfortunatly you can only get in on the ace pot (normally $80 or more) for that day unless you want to pay 20 to be a member and get a bag tag.

As for Saturday, I don't know of anything off the top of my head.

What time is the Alex Clark mini on Wed nite?
Thanks,
Ron

What time is the Alex Clark mini on Wed nite?
Thanks,
Ron

$7 to play (payout 5, ace pot 2)

You will want to bring $20 to become a member so you are shooting at the full ace pot and get a bag-tag. It was over 500 last night and it didn't get hit. If you don't become a member you can only get what came in that day, (116 last night). We will be playing the long (dirt) tees, but still plenty of holes that can be aced.

I'm trying to put together a list of all of the mini-tournaments going on around DFW. Help me out with what I'm missing or what I may have wrong:

Sunday:
  • Veterans - Singles 10am
  • Towne Lake - Singles 10am
Monday: I don't know of any

Tuesday:
  • Turner - Flip Dubs 6:15pm
  • Crowley - Singles 6pm
  • Lake Lewisville - Flip Dubs TIME?
Wednesday:
  • Weatherford - alternates between singles and dubs 6:30pm
  • Veterans - Singles 6pm
  • Alex Clark - Singles TIME?
Thursday:
  • Jimmy Porter - Flip Dubs TIME?
Friday:
  • North Park - Flip Dubs 6:30pm
  • Towne Lake - Flip Dubs TIME?
Saturday:
  • Turner - Singles 10am
  • Fritz - Singles 10am
  • Lake Lewisville - Singles 2pm (sometimes flip dubs follow, I think?)
  • Cedar Hill - Singles 3pm

Thursday night at 6 Cedar Hill
Playing the short tees marked by flags.

Latest posts