• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

chingy414

Par Member
I haven't played in many other states, but I think the DFW metroplex has an incredible DG scene. If a seasoned dg'er came into town, and you could only take them to one course in the metroplex, which course would you take them to and why?

I have to say Harry Meyer's in Rockwall. Great course with a wide variety of shots. It is a challanging course, but not frustrating. Must play in the DFW.

I haven't played in many other states, but I think the DFW metroplex has an incredible DG scene. If a seasoned dg'er came into town, and you could only take them to one course in the metroplex, which course would you take them to and why?

I have to say Harry Meyer's in Rockwall. Great course with a wide variety of shots. It is a challanging course, but not frustrating. Must play in the DFW.

I have'nt played Harry Myers yet, but I would go with Lester Lorch, FANTASTIC 2 18 hole course

I have'nt played Harry Myers yet, but I would go with Lester Lorch, FANTASTIC 2 18 hole course

Good call. I didn't factor in the 36 holes. I love Lester Lorch too. Especially Beaver. Coyote can be frustrating, still a great course though. Make the trip to Harry Meyers. Well worth it. A true championship John Houck course.

I played around Fort Worth and Dallas with Donovan a while back, and I really enjoyed every course we played. I didn't get to hit all the good ones, but I was impressed with the ones I got to. I also enjoyed Donovan and the guys in his group. I have polayed most of the Charlotte, NC courses and think the Dallas/Ft. Worth has a similar quality oif DG to offer. It's different due to climate and geography, but it's really good. Since I didn't run into any slimey reptiles I'd say Lester Lorch was my favorite, but the others were good also. I can't wait to get back and try some more. Z Boaz and Veterans were really nice also.

i think turner would be on top of my list tons of land features throughout the course

I think Harry Myers is the best in DFW. A fine design by The world class course designer, John Houck.

Cedar Hill is 36 holes of greatness... I havn't played Turner now that the trees and plants are in bloom but I didn't find it as epic as the others.

i live up in denton so i haven't had a chance to play some of the further away courses yet: veterans, lester lorch, turner. so far my favorites are harry myers, lake park and saddle hills.

speaking of saddle hills, anyone in DFW who hasn't played this course yet is doing themselves a disservice. really good nine holes and pretty close to z-boaz.

I like Turner alot too. In my top 5 in the Metroplex for sure, and there are so many good courses around here. I really like the elevation there, and there are alot of holes to open up on that aren't just an open field shot (Arcadia).

I'm a little biased... but I'd tell them to come to McKinney for Alex Clark Memorial DGC and the Towne Lake DGC across the street! Alex Clark is a great pitch & putt course and Towne Lake DGC is a very challenging long course with some pretty interesting shots. The locals are great (I'm one of them lol) and there are several mini's throughout the week. I think both courses are a must play in the DFW metroplex.

Also, Lake Lewisville.

i live up in denton so i haven't had a chance to play some of the further away courses yet: veterans, lester lorch, turner. so far my favorites are harry myers, lake park and saddle hills.

speaking of saddle hills, anyone in DFW who hasn't played this course yet is doing themselves a disservice. really good nine holes and pretty close to z-boaz.

I live in Denton!

Z-Boaz
Lester
Lake Lewisville
North Park

I might be partial to the Z...
This thread most likely convinced me to go see Harry Myers this week.
Saddle Hill is good, for 9 holes. Blocks from mi casa.

I'd rate them... (of the one's I've played)

Harry Myers
Z Boaz
Towne Lake
Veterans Park
Lester Lorch
Turner Park
Lake Lewisville

All of these are top quality courses that are very close in fun factor.

Others that are good DG with issues...

Audubon Park
Jimmy Porter
Paschall Park

I've only played Z Boaz and Veterans in the Ft. Worth area... I hear Bicentennial Park and Arcadia #2 are good. I also want to play Gateway West before it (possibly) becomes overgrown this summer.

Z-Boaz
Lester
Lake Lewisville
North Park

I might be partial to the Z...
This thread most likely convinced me to go see Harry Myers this week.
Saddle Hill is good, for 9 holes. Blocks from mi casa.

After Harry Myers, if you're not too tired, try Audubon Park. Very few frills, but a good layout for fun DG. Both courses are long... Find a local at Audubon. You can only see the basket on 1 of the first 6 holes from the yellow (old) tees. Same for 11, 12 and 14. They mowed it last week, so now is the time to try it out. With concrete tees, signs, restrooms and drinking water... Audubon would be a top course, but you will find none of these on or near the course.

Cedar Hill (Lester Lorch) is hand's down the only way to go for this. Two awesome courses in a dg only setting and there are rarely too many people out there (at least it's never been busy any time I've been out there).
Harry Myers is great too. Towne Lake/Alex Clark are up there as well since they are right next door to each other.

After Harry Myers, if you're not too tired, try Audubon Park. Very few frills, but a good layout for fun DG. Both courses are long... Find a local at Audubon. You can only see the basket on 1 of the first 6 holes from the yellow (old) tees. Same for 11, 12 and 14. They mowed it last week, so now is the time to try it out. With concrete tees, signs, restrooms and drinking water... Audubon would be a top course, but you will find none of these on or near the course.

Ditto on Audubon. I used to hear a lot of negative things about this course and so I put off making a trip out there for a long while. I went out there a few weeks back and loved it. I was very impressed. There are a lot of fun holes and it is a challenging course.

Ditto on Audubon. I used to hear a lot of negative things about this course and so I put off making a trip out there for a long while. I went out there a few weeks back and loved it. I was very impressed. There are a lot of fun holes and it is a challenging course.

I'll have to check it out. I've just read alot of bad reviews on it, but it's hard to tell just by reviews. I saw a guy who gave Veteran's a 2. That's obsurd.

Audobon has a few good holes, but it needs real commitment to make it a worthwhile park to play. I play it about twice a year and every time, I am underwhelmed by its lay out and quality. It needs tee pads(most are rutted out and dangerous), tee signs, and better maintenance. If it rains hard during the week, the back 9 is a swamp, literally. Not worth playing if you are used to playing DFW's quality courses.

Best course is DFW that I've played has to be Lester Lorch. Turner doesn't even come close to the best. With the summer growth, it is about as hard of a course as I've ever played. Too much OB as well.

Top 3:
Lester Lorch
Towne Lake
Veterans

Anybody that hasn't played audubon here lately I would suggest giving it a try.All new baskets, several new pin locations, best of all its been mowed and taken care as of late.